IGNORED

Mcinnes On Radio Bristol Now

Slave to the rhythm

He sounds really dejected.

In all seriousness, bearing in mind he and his wife are probably debating whether or not they should uproot their family from Scotland, does anybody else think he might decide not to stay?

I have a suspicion that he might throw in the towel and head back North.

If he does that I don't hold out much hope for him in his future career, its the first set back he has had in football, if he wants to be good he has to learn from it, not chuck the towel in.

Now is the time to see how deep he draws on all his football experience and instills some belief in the players themselves. This is what prospective employers will be looking at, not the good times at saints

Del is no quitter but looking at what players we have he may feel its one challenge too big for anyone, let alone him.

I really hope he stays but I aint too sure he will be here if we are in League one.

Trouble is, lots of the players are his signings, not sure how much longer you can blame the tools

McGivern (he resigned him on loan after the initial one expired)

Wood

Mcmanus

Foster

Davis

Pearson

Del is no quitter but looking at what players we have he may feel its one challenge too big for anyone, let alone him.

I really hope he stays but I aint too sure he will be here if we are in League one.

Would not be at all surprised if he left. LIke Coppell he had no idea what he was letting himself in for managing the shower of mercenaries we have. Everybody makes a big deal about all the fringe players we have got rid of or will be able to in the summer, ignoring the fact that those who are first team regulars and who may still be here next season (unless we or they can con somebody into taking them off our hands) are just as bad. With relegation and no money there is not a lot for a manager to look forward to. We are back where we were before Johnson cleaned out the stables and I'm not sure Del has the heart to do what he did.

He sounds really dejected.

In all seriousness, bearing in mind he and his wife are probably debating whether or not they should uproot their family from Scotland, does anybody else think he might decide not to stay?

I have a suspicion that he might throw in the towel and head back North.

I am sure he won't, but like I said in the Lost Faith thread, he looks and sounds like a rabbit in the headlights. This was way too much for him. Not his fault, it's the board that appointed him. He must be wondering what to do next. He's never been in this situation before. I just hope he has someone he can call on for help.

I think the one reason Del will want to stay is because he seems to be greatly backed by Steve Lansdown when he wants to bring players in. If he feels he can get rid of the majority of the side and re-build it but only have 24 players and not the 35 maybe things will change in terms of results.

:laugh: i'd bloody well hope so in Div 1 :)

Jesus Christ. I am soooo getting sick of this. Half of those players ARE HIS.

As I said to my mate earlier, right man, wrong time. On reflection we should have got in an older experienced manager to see us to safety and got McInnes in during the summer. Still we've got to stick with him now. I hope he's a quick learner. Next season is the one to judge him in.

As I said to my mate earlier, right man, wrong time. On reflection we should have got in an older experienced manager to see us to safety and got McInnes in during the summer. Still we've got to stick with him now. I hope he's a quick learner. Next season is the one to judge him in.

Maybe time for a short term director of football to be brought in to support Del. Think I'm correct in saying that Jon Lansdown is now MD of the football side of the club - heir apparent and all that and welcome to it, but with Del and Doc very recently down from the SPL we seem to lack calm, experienced direction for the job we've now got.

How are they? James, Spence, Fontaine, Carey, Kilkenny, Adomah, Stead today weren't his. Only ones that were are Pearson, Wood, Davis and Foster and none of those 4 havent exactly been awful.

Pearson has been awful.

McInnes won't be going anywhere. I would back him even in if we are League 1 next season, and that is a big possibility.

You get judged on results and promotion or relegation. You can say an experienced manager would of kept us up, you can also Say Millen may have kept us up after a Christmas transfer window, hell McInnes may still keep us up. One thing is for sure if we do go down McInnes will have to be judged, as Millen was judged who kept us in this div, twice, and for all we know may of kept us this year, but the board deemed it too risky as we were looking like we were going down!

Oh the life of a football manager

How are they? James, Spence, Fontaine, Carey, Kilkenny, Adomah, Stead today weren't his. Only ones that were are Pearson, Wood, Davis and Foster and none of those 4 havent exactly been awful.

McManus and McGivern. We had better results with Millens players than McInnes by the way!

Maybe time for a short term director of football to be brought in to support Del. Think I'm correct in saying that Jon Lansdown is now MD of the football side of the club - heir apparent and all that and welcome to it, but with Del and Doc very recently down from the SPL we seem to lack calm, experienced direction for the job we've now got.

Exactly. Lenny Lawrence guided Trollope at the Pirates and I suspect helped turn around Palace for Freedman. An older guy on a short-term contract could be the best signing we could make.

He wont be sacked for getting relegated.

He should do, he was signed to keep us up, otherwise we could of kept Millen. I am not saying I want him sacked, as you generally need stability. But his directive was to keep us up and make us competitive

Jesus Christ. I am soooo getting sick of this. Half of those players ARE HIS.

Yeah NEW players. He's brought is some good players - but you can't throw a set of players together and expect them to become a team overnight...

If we get relegated it will be Millens fault. If he did his job in the summer - we would be safe by now. But no, his obsession with wingers and strikers is costing us dear.

Should have invested in decent defenders.

Yeah NEW players. He's brought is some good players - but you can't throw a set of players together and expect them to become a team overnight...

If we get relegated it will be Millens fault. If he did his job in the summer - we would be safe by now. But no, his obsession with wingers and strikers is costing us dear.

Should have invested in decent defenders.

Actually Riaz, Millens biggest mistake was pinning his hat on Steven Caulker coming back here this season. Had he just accepted in May that he was moving to a PL side, we may have been able to bring in the players required.

It's also worth remembering that Billy Jones, Cauldwell and others were all lined up, offers made, but chose to go and chase the PL "dream". Had we been able to sign those players, our season and Millens future may have both been secured.

Welcome to the Championship....massive step up from Scottish football.

Yes I believe he is a better football manager than KM...but still...who do we blame?

It still is a massive gamble by our board and owner to put our survival in the hands of a manager with no experience in this division.

More fool them i say. We should have put in a manager with experience at this level...just my opinion.

The last time we were in this position... we put Benny Lennartsson in charge...great coach...but in the wrong place for the wrong time.

Same old mistakes imho...

Actually Riaz, Millens biggest mistake was pinning his hat on Steven Caulker coming back here this season. Had he just accepted in May that he was moving to a PL side, we may have been able to bring in the players required.

It's also worth remembering that Billy Jones, Cauldwell and others were all lined up, offers made, but chose to go and chase the PL "dream". Had we been able to sign those players, our season and Millens future may have both been secured.

Have to say, it was obvious that caulker was'nt coming back.

But anyhow, he left a huge hole in our defence - but I don't think Millen could see it. As proven by his infamous "i didn't see that coming" after our first game thrashing.

He may have been in for Caldwell and Jones - but he did'nt get them - he said he had back-up players and lists of targets... Must have been small lists

I said at the time he couldnt see our problems and he wouldn't prioritise them because of it... And that's exactly how it went and we've played catch up ever since...

Mcinnes will be partly to blame if we get relegated - he has to share some blame

But Millen put us into this mess - have no doubt about it.

If we get relegated it will be Millens fault. If he did his job in the summer - we would be safe by now.

Too right. KM totally out of his depth. Should never have been given the preseason that many on here promised us would turn everything around. He turned out to be the hopeless case many others had predicted. The inadequacies of the squad are his legacy...and that of the Board that appointed him.

Have to say, it was obvious that caulker was'nt coming back.

But anyhow, he left a huge hole in our defence - but I don't think Millen could see it. As proven by his infamous "i didn't see that coming" after our first game thrashing.

He may have been in for Caldwell and Jones - but he did'nt get them - he said he had back-up players and lists of targets... Must have been small lists

I said at the time he couldnt see our problems and he wouldn't prioritise them because of it... And that's exactly how it went and we've played catch up ever since...

Mcinnes will be partly to blame if we get relegated - he has to share some blame

But Millen put us into this mess - have no doubt about it.

Gary Johnson and Steve Coppel are more to blame than anyone. As both signed crap players on high wages and as a result we could not shift them. Millen had no money to spend on transfers or wages because of this.

Gary Johnson and Steve Coppel are more to blame than anyone. As both signed crap players on high wages and as a result we could not shift them. Millen had no money to spend on transfers or wages because of this.

Millen was assistant to both of these managers, so must have had some input into the signing of all of the players he was left with

1. A lot of poor players not good enough for this level? Yes. Not really McInnes fault though.

2. A really bad run of luck with injuries? Yes. Not really McInnes fault though.

3. Top goal scorer left? Yes. Not really McInnes fault though.

4. Many of the squad knowing their on the way out and not playing for the shirt? Yes. Not really McInnes fault though.

But:

5. Best goal scorer not getting enough pitch time or starts? WTF McInnes?

6. Playing too many players out of position, strikers out wide, wingers up front? WTF McInnes?

7. Not getting the cheque book out in January? WTF? But not sure whose decision that was.

FWIW I rate McInnes and if, as I fear, we go down he should still be given the task of steering us back to Championship football.

But quite simply he needs to get his best players playing in their best positions.

- Pittman up front alongside Wood

- Adomah out wide

- Kilkenny in the middle

By the end of March we will be cemented in the relegation zone.

The games vs Coventry and Forest over Easter look like last chance saloon...

Archived