IGNORED

Mcinnes On Radio Bristol Now

Slave to the rhythm

Millen was assistant to both of these managers, so must have had some input into the signing of all of the players he was left with

I run a company and i make the decisions, not my assistant. I am sre this is the same case in football management.

I run a company and i make the decisions, not my assistant. I am sre this is the same case in football management.

You may run your Company, our managers do not, they are hired by the chairmenn.

If as a manager you did not have your assistant giving you his opinion and suggestions I would suggest you would be a p155 poor manager. If there is one thing instilled in football from the manager down, then it is team work, not just on the pitch but off of it. To think that managers did not speak to their assistants concerning prospective signings is niave

Welcome to the Championship....massive step up from Scottish football.

Yes I believe he is a better football manager than KM...but still...who do we blame?

It still is a massive gamble by our board and owner to put our survival in the hands of a manager with no experience in this division.

More fool them i say. We should have put in a manager with experience at this level...just my opinion.

The last time we were in this position... we put Benny Lennartsson in charge...great coach...but in the wrong place for the wrong time.

Same old mistakes imho...

The Benny Lennartson parralel is a bloody good shout!

The Benny Lennartson parralel is a bloody good shout!

Shame about Benny, never hired to be manager. Another fine balls up by our board. To his credit he got us playing some good football come the end of his tenure and we were starting to compete again, and he trusted youth. I always thought he was shat on from a great height from both board and a lot of fans. He will always have my respect, and left the next incumbent with some very good saleable assets.

Gary Johnson and Steve Coppel are more to blame than anyone. As both signed crap players on high wages and as a result we could not shift them. Millen had no money to spend on transfers or wages because of this.

This gets funnier by the minute.

Johnson - left us with a squad capable of finishing tenth.

Coppell - Millen had the summer to rectify any problems. Problem was - he could never see what our problems were!

Transfers - this is a myth that he had no money to spend. The guy blew nearly 2m quid in a year... All on wingers and strikers..

Shame about Benny, never hired to be manager. Another fine balls up by our board. To his credit he got us playing some good football come the end of his tenure and we were starting to compete again, and he trusted youth. I always thought he was shat on from a great height from both board and a lot of fans. He will always have my respect, and left the next incumbent with some very good saleable assets.

I agree. It was a mistake to not give him a chance to get us back up.

Football managers go through their coaching badges and work with footballers everyday.

What qualifications do owners and board members have to give them experience on choosing the right manager for their Club?

Anyone of us could come into money and make the right connections to become a board member on a football club. What knowledge and qualifications do we have?

Board members make decisions on what managers run our club. Look at this list of past managers and tell me who has been successful at this level or gone onto become great managers.

Alan Dicks 1967–1980 Bobby Houghton 1980–1982 Roy Hodgson 1982 Terry Cooper 1982–1988 Joe Jordan 1988–1990 Jimmy Lumsden 1990–1992 Denis Smith 1992–1993 Russell Osman 1993–1994 Joe Jordan 1994–1997 John Ward 1997–1998 Benny Lennartsson 1998–1999 Tony Pulis 1999 Tony Fawthrop & David Burnside 2000 Danny Wilson 2000–2004 Brian Tinnion 2004–2005 Gary Johnson 2005–2010 Steve Coppell 2010 Keith Millen 2010–2011 Derek McInnes

2011–present

Coppell, Pullis and Hodgeson. Look how long they stayed with us. It's not rocket science to see where we have been going wrong.

I agree with you, that Millen should have no blame on previous managers signings.

But he should have had a head start when he took the job - because he knew the players.

A headstart that mcinnes didn't have

He sounds really dejected.

In all seriousness, bearing in mind he and his wife are probably debating whether or not they should uproot their family from Scotland, does anybody else think he might decide not to stay?

He tripled his salary coming here. Think thats your answer.

Would not be at all surprised if he left. LIke Coppell he had no idea what he was letting himself in for managing the shower of mercenaries we have. Everybody makes a big deal about all the fringe players we have got rid of or will be able to in the summer, ignoring the fact that those who are first team regulars and who may still be here next season (unless we or they can con somebody into taking them off our hands) are just as bad. With relegation and no money there is not a lot for a manager to look forward to. We are back where we were before Johnson cleaned out the stables and I'm not sure Del has the heart to do what he did.

Are you taking the piss??

And as he's posted it twice on this thread, let's use 2 sources to show it to be wrong.

http://www.bcfc.co.u...2437911,00.html

Well that ****** up my argument

Thanks guys, certainly know how to p155 on someones bonfire don't you :)

I would have sworn on my life i heard and read that he signed up for the rest of the season in December!

Well that ****** up my argument

Thanks guys, certainly know how to p155 on someones bonfire don't you :)

I would have sworn on my life i heard and read that he signed up for the rest of the season in December!

There was talk of Barnsley trying to take him off our hands in January, so your confusion could have stemmed from there.

This gets funnier by the minute.

Johnson - left us with a squad capable of finishing tenth.

Coppell - Millen had the summer to rectify any problems. Problem was - he could never see what our problems were!

Transfers - this is a myth that he had no money to spend. The guy blew nearly 2m quid in a year... All on wingers and strikers..

While Johnson did leave us with some good players he also left us with some rather poor ones and also a lot of debt for some that were paid off. Styver springs to mind. As a result there was not the money there and also a rather large squad which had to be reduced thus making KM job even harder.

There was talk of Barnsley trying to take him off our hands in January, so your confusion could have stemmed from there.

Coulde be, I remember somthing about them and us wanting to sign him permenantly and Del rated him.

More likely that I am going senile

• Admin

Coulde be, I remember somthing about them and us wanting to sign him permenantly and Del rated him.

More likely that I am going senile

Fortunately I don't think McInnes is a fan as he's dropped him a few times now. Only goes back to him when needs must due to injuries forcing his hand.

But with so few of our defenders being able to actually defend I wonder if it's worth going back to the playground and having a goalie & 10 people playing wherever the ball is.

28 all and next goal wins anyone?

Fortunately I don't think McInnes is a fan as he's dropped him a few times now. Only goes back to him when needs must due to injuries forcing his hand.

But with so few of our defenders being able to actually defend I wonder if it's worth going back to the playground and having a goalie & 10 people playing wherever the ball is.

Nearest to goalie, could dowith James height up top

Spot on, Mr Right-Leg! He can't have been that bad a manager, he went straight from us to manage a Norwegian club who knocked Chelsea out of the Uefa Cup.

I wonder what would happen if you actually did send 11 men out there to 'just play'. I often think football is over-complicated at professional level. Almost think it would be one of those Hollywood success stories - you couldn't set up a team to counter a team that has no instructions? Either that or we'd lose 6-0 each week! :P

He sounds really dejected.

In all seriousness, bearing in mind he and his wife are probably debating whether or not they should uproot their family from Scotland, does anybody else think he might decide not to stay?

I have a suspicion that he might throw in the towel and head back North.

:pray:

Hes dejected! What about those of us who have to pay to watch that crap week in an week out.

St Johnstone always ran a solid ship .No expensive signings, no dodgy deals. No Rangers crap. After a few years (not bloody weeks!!!) of Del being allowed to manage, he left a team punching way above weight in terms of budget. Why don't some of you watch the game last week against Dunfermline. Yes, SPL, but that's the general standard there. Sandaza was excellent, however. Anyhows, these things take time. Injuries, competition for players, attitude amongst existing staff aware of an iminent clear out.

Rome was not built in a day. Oh yes, what did the Romans do for us???

Sorry, too much wine.

As I said to my mate earlier, right man, wrong time. On reflection we should have got in an older experienced manager to see us to safety and got McInnes in during the summer. Still we've got to stick with him now. I hope he's a quick learner. Next season is the one to judge him in.

did not many people say that about km

St Johnstone always ran a solid ship .No expensive signings, no dodgy deals. No Rangers crap. After a few years (not bloody weeks!!!) of Del being allowed to manage, he left a team punching way above weight in terms of budget. Why don't some of you watch the game last week against Dunfermline. Yes, SPL, but that's the general standard there. Sandaza was excellent, however. Anyhows, these things take time. Injuries, competition for players, attitude amongst existing staff aware of an iminent clear out.

Rome was not built in a day. Oh yes, what did the Romans do for us???

Sorry, too much wine.

All very well but we have only a few weeks to save ourselves from relagation . Del has not the luxury of years because if we go down it will be a massive blow for this club and looking at the History of this club it will take a generation to get back to where we are and we good kiss goodbye to top flight footballl in my life time.

Yeah NEW players. He's brought is some good players - but you can't throw a set of players together and expect them to become a team overnight...

If we get relegated it will be Millens fault. If he did his job in the summer - we would be safe by now. But no, his obsession with wingers and strikers is costing us dear.

Should have invested in decent defenders.

+1

Archived