IGNORED

Williams Happy Clappers

Rossineri

Its up to people themselves if they want to clap the most successful Bristolian manager of all time.

People are saying its everything against forza revolution but I thought FR was to get people backing the team, not a hate thing against Holloway

Positive support for our team - not the opposition

Ashton gate should be intimidating.. Not welcoming.

Positive support for our team - not the opposition

Ashton gate should be intimidating.. Not welcoming.

I don't think clapping Holloway instantly means you won't positively support our team.

It wasn't like they were singing "come on blackpool" they were just clapping to show their respect to the best bristolian manager.

I don't think clapping Holloway instantly means you won't positively support our team.

It wasn't like they were singing "come on blackpool" they were just clapping to show their respect to the best bristolian manager.

no, but it's not a poisonous atmosphere that it could be.... Which would be uncomfortable for his team

holloway knows this affects his teams - that's why he says nice things about us - don't be fooled

no, but it's not a poisonous atmosphere that it could be.... Which would be uncomfortable for his team

holloway knows this affects his teams - that's why he says nice things about us - don't be fooled

I clap him when he comes out, and back my team when the whistle blows.

Only really affects the players if they are singled out, not if their is hate for a manager.

I clap him when he comes out, and back my team when the whistle blows.

Only really affects the players if they are singled out, not if their is hate for a manager.

As red knowle says - it takes the edge off the crowd...

when he came here with qpr - the atmosphere was venomous - really loud and pure hatred towards him - his team didnt turn up and we won...

Oh well - seems as though the middle classes have succeeded in diluting our game..

As red knowle says - it takes the edge off the crowd...

when he came here with qpr - the atmosphere was venomous - really loud and pure hatred towards him - his team didnt turn up and we won...

Oh well - seems as though the middle classes have succeeded in diluting our game..

But the QPR game was a completely different situation/

Different teams, managers, league etc!!

Can't say singing "cheer up holloway" affects the players much

But the QPR game was a completely different situation/

Different teams, managers, league etc!!

Can't say singing "cheer up holloway" affects the players much

It was still holloway. he defines the gas.

I understand the admiration/respect etc

But I can't understand any Bristol City fan clapping Mr Bristol Rovers before we are about to play his team...

Does it not bother you that the guy you are clapping, detests us?

It was still holloway. he defines the gas.

I understand the admiration/respect etc

But I can't understand any Bristol City fan clapping Mr Bristol Rovers before we are about to play his team...

Does it not bother you that the guy you are clapping, detests us?

Its not Mr Bristol Rovers it's Ian Holloway.

He loves Rovers, Hates Us, but you can still have respect for him as a Bristolian.

Do you wonder why he detests us?

Its not Mr Bristol Rovers it's Ian Holloway.

He loves Rovers, Hates Us, but you can still have respect for him as a Bristolian.

Do you wonder why he detests us?

respect fine... But clap? What's he ever done for Bristol city to deserve a clap??!

It makes you question what's the point in football when rivalries aren't relevant anymore. Ian Holloway is as gas as they come so why applaud him? All his disgraces aside (his comments towards us etc.) an ex-gas player would be booed (Hoskins at Brighton for example) so why not him? F ** king unbelievable.

It makes you question what's the point in football when rivalries aren't relevant anymore. Ian Holloway is as gas as they come so why applaud him? All his disgraces aside (his comments towards us etc.) an ex-gas player would be booed (Hoskins at Brighton for example) so why not him? F ** king unbelievable.

Did you boo Stewart when he played for us?

Another terrible example of the gentrification and feminisation of football. I bet holloway came away laughing at the mugs who clapped him. Not only did he take 3 points off us, he also took the clappers' self-respect.

Two top posts - my feelings exactly

What is football coming too? We'll be cheering the oppositions goals soon!

Another terrible example of the gentrification and feminisation of football. I bet holloway came away laughing at the mugs who clapped him. Not only did he take 3 points off us, he also took the clappers' self-respect.

This bloke hates city and yet he's treated like some sort of hero by some, I can't get my head round it, he's managed in the prem and got his team relegated so let's give the gas **** a round of applause!

Unbelievable, this would never of happened a few years back, it's all gone wrong since we have not been playing them very often, people who think Cardiff are a bigger rival than Gas on match day quite frankly don't have a clue.

This bloke hates city and yet he's treated like some sort of hero by some, I can't get my head round it, he's managed in the prem and got his team relegated so let's give the gas **** a round of applause!

Unbelievable, this would never of happened a few years back, it's all gone wrong since we have not been playing them very often, people who think Cardiff are a bigger rival than Gas on match day quite frankly don't have a clue.

Rovers aren't my rivals, Cardiff all day long.

So funny people are so upset over absolutely nothing .

Some people just don't get involved in the whole rivalry thing, and remember holloway hasn't been at the gas for a very long time.

I didnt personally clap him but so a few did, am I bothered? Absolutely not !!

I doubt this thread would even exist had we not been so shite and lost .

What a lot of fuss over nothing !

Not everyone who goes to football wants to get angry shout, scream and call everyone a @!@!.

So they clapped a Bristolian manager who's done well for himself and the usual suspects start making out its crime of the century.

Each to their own.

Exactly. It's only a ******* game, don't take giving a guy a clap too seriously.

'Feminisation'? What a crock of shit.

I know, let's all shave our heads and shout abuse and start fights and be real men at football.

What are the Happy Clappers in the Williams doing giving Holloway a hero's welcome.

Part of the problem at Ashton Gate.

The team have gone soft and so have the fans.

Ashton Gate on Matchday is no place for a Gas Lov'in.

Time to get it sorted, on and off the pitch.

Ho hum. It's how Ashton Gate has become conditioned over the years. The slightest bit of unfriendliness, never mind outright hostility, is met with official messages of condemnation.

The days of Alan Curbishley calling Ashton Gate the most intimidating ground he'd ever been to, chasing Rovers down the tunnel, and letting Holloway have some, are gone, and will remain gone so long as passion is discouraged.

Archived