IGNORED

Williams Happy Clappers

Rossineri

If Tinnion turned up in the away dugout at the Mem (or any ex City), he would get endless abuse... One of your ex players (Myrie Williams?) was so effected by the abuse he got he had to be subbed at half time.

The difference is that all Gasheads appear to be completely obsessed with City where as we have a sizeable portion of our fanbase who don't even consider Rovers to be our rivals anymore. Applause for Holloway would have been unthinkable 10 years ago, since then our clubs have gone in different directions, every Gashead I know has become even more bitter and too many of our fans have mellowed towards you (In my opinion, of course).

Holloway knows full well that if he went on the radio before playing us and said what he really thinks of BCFC he would create the sort of poisonous atmosphere that could work against his team and make Jamie Cureton think he got off lightly. Perhaps he isn't as dumb as he looks although, paradoxically, he would get more respect from me if he was honest.

That's what I reckon anyway.

Holloway hates City, the fact that he's from Bristol and managed in the prem is totally irrelevant to me. Am I supposed to like everybody just because they're from Bristol?

Not at all, do what you like!

That's kind of the point everyone is different and will do things differently .

I just object to others trying to dictate on how we should support and react.

Mind your own and do as YOU please.

Ho hum. It's how Ashton Gate has become conditioned over the years. The slightest bit of unfriendliness, never mind outright hostility, is met with official messages of condemnation.

The days of Alan Curbishley calling Ashton Gate the most intimidating ground he'd ever been to, chasing Rovers down the tunnel, and letting Holloway have some, are gone, and will remain gone so long as passion is discouraged.

+1

I personally didn't hear anybody clapping in the Williams? If true, just shows how soft football has become, and you can even see how soft we are in the players. Ian holloway a gas legend who destests us, said the only good city fans were the ones that are dead!? And you clap him? We needed to win Saturday and make AG the most hostile place it can be! The past few years, we've been too soft as a club.

The way I see it is our fans just aren't vocal in general. We have some small number who are but when I go to the Gate I often find if I sing I'm the lone plonker in a sea of non singers.

I don't think the club is the only issue, I think the fans en mass are just as much a part of the problem. The best fans any team can have are the ones who are never quiet and always keep pushing the team, we don't have that and it's not changed in the past 20 years.

I wouldn't be surprised if so many of our new signings are flops because they feel deflated when they get out on the field and hear a lackluster crowd. When we were doing great and the season we challenged for promotion into the Prem our crowds were deafening, now the only time you hear that kind of noise is if we score and take the lead.

Newcastle are a prime example of the fans pushing the team, even when they were relegated, even when they are losing they are vocal to the very end, I'm glad they went back up because I'd be ashamed if they came to the gate as they would out cheer us massively.

Not at all, do what you like!

That's kind of the point everyone is different and will do things differently .

I just object to others trying to dictate on how we should support and react.

Mind your own and do as YOU please.

I will do what I like/ what I please, you're quite right. I'm certainly not telling anyone what to do. All I'm saying is how I feel about it all.

Sorry, but cant see how anyone can call themselves a city fan and clap mr bristol rovers....

And that sums up how I feel...

Riaz were you even about when IH played/managed Rovers?

Yes I was. I was ball-boy on the day he got assaulted by citys on the pitch. And I saw his reaction in the tunnel....

Point is, no gas legend should ever get any sort of positive reception at the gate.

If they do, whats the point of city and rovers? Might as well merge the two clubs and call us Bristol United.

Surely the club can identify the clappers on CCTV and ban the lot of them? After all, inciting violence at a football match is a crime, and I for one wanted to sprint from the Dolman and give you all a gurt big slap round the chops.

City fans clapping Skeletor at AG. Never thought I'd see the day.

I agree that clapping him does nothing to help create a hostile atmosphere.

However, for all those who want to make it intimidating by directing abuse at him, well, I think that's misplaced. Direct it at the players and fans and we might be on to something.

I agree that clapping him does nothing to help create a hostile atmosphere.

However, for all those who want to make it intimidating by directing abuse at him, well, I think that's misplaced. Direct it at the players and fans and we might be on to something.

The only abuse being directed now is too out own fans on here.

Archived