IGNORED

Arsenal V Spurs

Super

Been a great game and summed up the Prem this season. Lots of goals but terrible defending.

Which is why PL teams have been so bad in the Champions League this season. Players who cost and earn millions who have no concept of the basics of defending. Perhaps we should not be so hard on our own dreadful defending. Or perhaps not.

Ah, that's why theyre ten points behind real then?

Yep and that's why they always beat Madrid and have won the champions league twice in the last 3 seasons. I love Real Madrid and am delighted they look like winning La Liga but I hate to admit but Barcelona as a side are the best i've ever seen.

Also may I add Guardiola has won the league every season he's been there. In 4 years as manager he's only lost 19 games in 226 in charge, conceding 164 odd and scoring 577.

Say no more.

Guardiola has got them playing their way. Rijkaard played a differant style of football, Guardiola has tactically turnt them into the best team in history.

Not sure about that. Real Madrid in the 50's and late 90's , Ajax & Bayern Munich in the 70's , Liverpool 70's & 80's , AC Milan in the 80's. They're a great side dont get me wrong , but the best in history?

Not sure about that. Real Madrid in the 50's and late 90's , Ajax & Bayern Munich in the 70's , Liverpool 70's & 80's , AC Milan in the 80's. They're a great side dont get me wrong , but the best in history?

I believe they are the best in history. The standard of football now is extremely high and what makes it alot better is the majority of their team, they have created themselves. Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi. Also there is Pedro who is a good player.

The way they keep the ball and score so many goals is incredible, I loved the Real Madrid side 10 years ago when they had Zidane and the gang but this team are on a whole new level.

Brazil in the 70's

They are a very good side, Best in History? could be, can't really judge as rules have changed ablot over the years as well as fitness etc etc. They do look unplayable at time, much the way the dutch side and ajax side playing total football.

Got to say I enjoyed the Dutch total football the most. Not saying they were the best, but best to watch for me, closely followed by the brazil team of the 70's

I believe they are the best in history. The standard of football now is extremely high and what makes it alot better is the majority of their team, they have created themselves. Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi. Also there is Pedro who is a good player.

The way they keep the ball and score so many goals is incredible, I loved the Real Madrid side 10 years ago when they had Zidane and the gang but this team are on a whole new level.

The standard of football is high because you can't pass back and can't tackle in todays game, I would like to see some of the great sides of yesteryear playing with so much help from the ref and the ability to chase down a goalie rather than ave the defence pass it back to the keeper.

Can't argue that Barca have created well from their youth system

Ah, that's why theyre ten points behind real then?

Barcelona current team is the best ever in my life time of watching football, the special one has played against this side a lot in the last few years and beat them once the Spanish Cup Final, respect to him for being ten points in front of them but you know Jordan they are a special side and a pleasure to watch.

Fair enough , you're entitled to that opinion. For me though , the European cup was a lot harder to win than the Champions league and all the sides I mentioned won multiple European cups. I suppose if Barca win the Champions league again this year they can be considered as one of the best club sides ever.

Barcelona current team is the best ever in my life time of watching football, the special one has played against this side a lot in the last few years and beat them once the Spanish Cup Final, respect to him for being ten points in front of them but you know Jordan they are a special side and a pleasure to watch.

Dont forget the Champions league semi when he was at Inter.

Chelsea fans are giving avb sick

because there blind to the real problem at their club(player power)

The sooner they get rid of JT and the like the better

Absolutely. Terry and his clique have been running the club for their owm benefit since Mourinho left. They tell Abramovich to sack a manager and he does. Still there are some signs he is beginning to see that power should be returned to the manager where it belongs. Can you imagine Man Utd allowing the players to lord it over Ferguson?

Brazil in the 70's

They are a very good side, Best in History? could be, can't really judge as rules have changed ablot over the years as well as fitness etc etc. They do look unplayable at time, much the way the dutch side and ajax side playing total football.

Got to say I enjoyed the Dutch total football the most. Not saying they were the best, but best to watch for me, closely followed by the brazil team of the 70's

I'm inclined to agree. And the current Barca way of playing started with Cruyff, who of course was a member of that great Dutch team and learned from the great Rinus Michels, the father of so called total football.

Fair enough , you're entitled to that opinion. For me though , the European cup was a lot harder to win than the Champions league and all the sides I mentioned won multiple European cups. I suppose if Barca win the Champions league again this year they can be considered as one of the best club sides ever.

They've won it twice in the last 3 seasons and this season I think they'll be the first club to defend the Champions League successfully. Real Madrid are a brilliant team and this season they've been great but Barcelona are still a better team imo. All that's let them down this season is their away form which is why the league now looks lost. They have the best centre midfielders in world football in Xavi and Iniesta and the best player ever to play the game in Messi. I'm not a fan of Valdes, Busquets or Abidal but they even look brilliant at times the other players are so good.

They've won it twice in the last 3 seasons and this season I think they'll be the first club to defend the Champions League successfully. Real Madrid are a brilliant team and this season they've been great but Barcelona are still a better team imo. All that's let them down this season is their away form which is why the league now looks lost. They have the best centre midfielders in world football in Xavi and Iniesta and the best player ever to play the game in Messi. I'm not a fan of Valdes, Busquets or Abidal but they even look brilliant at times the other players are so good.

The better team wins the league, the better looking team don't always win, which we may see this season with these two, the table doesn't lie

Messi is not the best player to have ever played, not by a long shot. As much as it pains me to say it, there is only one person I have known that won two championships for a team pretty much on his own. Maradona, yep napoli had a couple of good players, but not good enough to win that championship 2 years running, maradona was the vulcrum for that. He also won world cup and performed at a international level.

Messi at the moment cannot be compared to him. along with a handful of other players. Yeahe is very very good, but best ever, not a chance

The better team wins the league, the better looking team don't always win, which we may see this season with these two, the table doesn't lie

Messi is not the best player to have ever played, not by a long shot. As much as it pains me to say it, there is only one person I have known that won two championships for a team pretty much on his own. Maradona, yep napoli had a couple of good players, but not good enough to win that championship 2 years running, maradona was the vulcrum for that. He also won world cup and performed at a international level.

Messi at the moment cannot be compared to him. along with a handful of other players. Yeahe is very very good, but best ever, not a chance

Messi for me is the best player ever. His record speaks for itself, consistently scoring 50 goals a season in this day and age is ridiculous. I think the only thing he will not achieve is a world cup. He will become european cups top ever goalscorer and break all the other records.

Messi for me is the best player ever. His record speaks for itself, consistently scoring 50 goals a season in this day and age is ridiculous. I think the only thing he will not achieve is a world cup. He will become european cups top ever goalscorer and break all the other records.

You have to perform on the biggest stage, he may do that and become the best ever seen, but he is not there yet. He has done it in an exceptional team which creates for him. I'd be intereseted to see him do it in a lesser team asother have done. He has through his whole career played in a team set up for his skills.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is great, he still has a way to go for me, to be considered the greatest ever

That's probably true , but they play a lot more games in the competition now than years ago , when it was a proper champions trophy and it had the straight knock out format.

That's probably true , but they play a lot more games in the competition now than years ago , when it was a proper champions trophy and it had the straight knock out format.

Thats the truth, when it was a proper competition, not just an extended euro league to make Money, Messi and the like would not have even been playing in it as Real had won the league and vice versa. These records are not all they are cracked up to be as they are very very lopsided nowadays and easier to break

Messi scores a goal in every 3.5 games for Argentina, so he isn't a bad international player!

Club level Messi is the best ever player, his record of 146 goals in 200 games for Barca is incredible!

You also have to remember football is now a lot fitter and players are arguably technically better. If Maradona was around these days would he be as good as Messi? In my opinion no.

Messi scores a goal in every 3.5 games for Argentina, so he isn't a bad international player!

Club level Messi is the best ever player, his record of 146 goals in 200 games for Barca is incredible!

You also have to remember football is now a lot fitter and players are arguably technically better. If Maradona was around these days would he be as good as Messi? In my opinion no.

If Maradona was around now he would be better protected, he would also be fitter as he would be training with current training methods. He would p1ss all over messi at his current level. Not saying Messi wouldn't eventually be better than Maradona as he is still developing

If Maradona was around now he would be better protected, he would also be fitter as he would be training with current training methods. He would p1ss all over messi at his current level. Not saying Messi wouldn't eventually be better than Maradona as he is still developing

If he was around now he would be banned from football for taking drugs.

To add to the discussion best ever player, what do you class as the best ever footballer? Attacking ability, defensive ability? the ability to be the best goalkeeper? it is all very subjective.

If you take it all into account, Messi or Maradonna would not be my best footballer, that would go to a guy that could play: Full back, Centre back, Defensive midfield, Wing, Center midfield, attacking midfield and center forward. And could play at all these positions at a very high level. Somthing neither messi or Maradona could dream about.

Step forward

Ruud Gullit

only the latter stages of his career when it all fell apart and the fame and money went to his head

That we know of anyway. Could of been taking them for a while?

But what about Pele. International record is the best of all time. 77 goals in 90 odd games?

That we know of anyway. Could of been taking them for a while?

But what about Pele. International record is the best of all time. 77 goals in 90 odd games?

I doubt he was taking much at the height of his powers, if anything, he couldn't have performed the way he did, as he waned I am sure drugs played a large part in it.

Pele of course. But take a look at the Iranian dudes record Ali daei or somethig like that, now he has got a good international scoring record :)

I think he has scored more international goals than league goals! haha

I doubt he was taking much at the height of his powers, if anything, he couldn't have performed the way he did, as he waned I am sure drugs played a large part in it.

Pele of course. But take a look at the Iranian dudes record Ali daei or somethig like that, now he has got a good international scoring record :)

Well there is an England international who has scored in EVERY game he has played for England..... David Nugent!

Best player to watch and best player to play the game at walking pace:

Zinedine Zidane.

You also have to remember football is now a lot

fitter and players are arguably technically better. If Maradona was around these days would he be as good as Messi? In my opinion no.

Out of interest how does christiano ronaldos goal scoring record for Madrid compare to messi's for Barcelona?

Archived