IGNORED

Cardiff Lose At Wembly Again

CiderHider

On the contary, I have some fantastic memories of big occasions to show for it. You have two bottling episodes against Hull and BHA to look back on fondly.

I share your fantastic memories. Yesterday was a great day. I laughed at every one of your pathetic penalty fails and went out a very happy man last night. How we mocked at the pub. Good times

Let's look at the facts rightsaidfred regarding recent results in big games. Our record

- Two cup finals when we were clearly second favourites. Two excellent performances and two expected losses.

- Against our peers in playoffs - one win v QPR and one loss v Blackpool.

Now let's look at your record.

- Zero meaningful cup finals.

- Two losses in playoff finals.

Let's face it freddy bach, your only enjoyment in recent years has been your rivals' failures. Very sad, very sad. :cool:

On the plus side, I am sure I heard one of your fans saying Lee Gwan is coming. Is he any good?

So to summarise; Cardiff City reaches a lot if finals only to lose them - bar QPR where you had the distinct advantage of playing in your home city. Plus there was the added advantage of one of Sam Hammam's cronies setting off the fire alarm in the middle of the night at QPR's hotel. So basically you needed all those advantages to claim your only victory!

Perennial losers - except when you cheat a victory!! Nice way to be thought of!!

Says the man whose team have bottled their last two playoff finals. Obviously it's been a very long time since you got to a major cup final. Did you win a trophy for the LDV Comedy Cup or was it book tokens?

Good luck with the relegation fight. And the new stadium.

Hey get it right, we bottle all our play offs, be it at the semis or the final.

I share your fantastic memories. Yesterday was a great day. I laughed at every one of your pathetic penalty fails and went out a very happy man last night. How we mocked at the pub. Good times

Fair enough, enjoy what little pleasure you can get out of life, all for it.

Personally wouldn't wish away our recent domestic cup finals, as a fan of a Championship club my club have given me three fantastic days out at Wembley in the FA Cup semi and final and LC final, the Blackpool play off is the only one I would happily blank from my memory if possible.

Liverpool were the better team of course and so they should be but I thought we competed very well and never gave up, missed a couple of sitters too. In my opinion this wasn't a bottle job at all, far from it.

I wouldn't lose much sleep if you guys went down, but my mate in work is a ST holder at yours and he is a good guy so don't mind you staying up as long as you are below us.

Fair enough, enjoy what little pleasure you can get out of life, all for it.

Personally wouldn't wish away our recent domestic cup finals, as a fan of a Championship club my club have given me three fantastic days out at Wembley in the FA Cup semi and final and LC final, the Blackpool play off is the only one I would happily blank from my memory if possible.

Liverpool were the better team of course and so they should be but I thought we competed very well and never gave up, missed a couple of sitters too. In my opinion this wasn't a bottle job at all, far from it.

I wouldn't lose much sleep if you guys went down, but my mate in work is a ST holder at yours and he is a good guy so don't mind you staying up as long as you are below us.

I thought you did well. If only Kenny Miller took his chance at the end

I thought you did well. If only Kenny Miller took his chance at the end

Yes if only, if he had put his penalty away after Gerrard missed theirs it may well have ended differently too, but wasn't to be.

How are you feeling with regards staying up? Think you have some games coming up which are quite winnable including us, derby games are seldom straightforward affairs.

Yes if only, if he had put his penalty away after Gerrard missed theirs it may well have ended differently too, but wasn't to be.

How are you feeling with regards staying up? Think you have some games coming up which are quite winnable including us, derby games are seldom straightforward affairs.

Unfortunately our losing mentality has well and truly set in.

The sad thing for me watching your game yesterday, wasn't even the fact you were in the final....it was the fact you had a squad of players who genuinely seemed to give a sh*t and want to fight for each other.

When you're 3-1 down at home, and you're going home alone, you can't bare to watch the football league show, but one thing that makes you smile, is their botting it in style, now you better put the banner on the m4 bridge, ohhhhh wwwwee'rrrrreeeee always piss on the Welsh side the bridge, du du du du du du. Altogether now .....

It's all very well having a little laugh about Cardiff. I'd be laughing at Bristol City if you'd just lost the Autowindscreens final, or the Gloucestershire cup final, or whatever.

The fact remains that there is not a single Bristol City fan out there who wouldn't swap almost every aspect of your club for almost every aspect of ours.

To me, Bristol City fans laughing at Cardiff is a bit like Vicky Pollard mocking Catherine Zeta Jones because she only got second prize in a beauty pageant.

We did us, our league and our sport proud yesterday, so laugh all you like, you know it's true.

Unfortunately our losing mentality has well and truly set in.

The sad thing for me watching your game yesterday, wasn't even the fact you were in the final....it was the fact you had a squad of players who genuinely seemed to give a sh*t and want to fight for each other.

Probably the most pleasing thing about this season for us has been the general feeling of togetherness around the club and the fantastic work ethic from the players. I think in this division work ethic and team spirit goes a long way, add in a few match winners and anything is possible.

A lot of the complaints about last seasons debacle was the lack of fight amongst the team, as soon as we went behind they would usually let their heads drop, this season that doesn't happen, we don't always get the equaliser or the winner but they keep going to the final whistle and that's the minimum we ask for as fans.

Been a few mentions here of us bottling yesterday, this season I have no seen no such thing.

Oh freddy cariad, you've forgotten to include your recent successes in your summary.

Oh hang on, no you didn't....

And your recent success is.......? Success is winning something by the way, not being losing finalists. With that being the case we are factually more successful as we won the LDV Vans trophy in 2003. Mock it all you like but it's more than you've won in recent years.

Please feel free to mention the play off final of 2003 and I will trump it with automatic promotion in 2007.

Toodle pip x x x

And your recent success is.......? Success is winning something by the way, not being losing finalists. With that being the case we are factually more successful as we won the LDV Vans trophy in 2003. Mock it all you like but it's more than you've won in recent years.

Please feel free to mention the play off final of 2003 and I will trump it with automatic promotion in 2007.

Toodle pip x x x

So Luton Town (Johnstone Paint winners 2008/09) have had a more successful last 5 years than Arsenal?

What is in the water in Bristol?

Toodle pip x x x

Banter between rival clubs or not, this is truly embarrassing. I would rather be in their position now than ours. No trumping that I'm afraid.

I can perfectly understand you being happy we lost. I'd probably feel the same if you had been in a similar position. But to claim that reaching two major finals is not a mark of success for a second tier side is idiotic.

If that's the case then we've had as much success as you reaching two finals. There's no place for second best..

I can perfectly understand you being happy we lost. I'd probably feel the same if you had been in a similar position. But to claim that reaching two major finals is not a mark of success for a second tier side is idiotic.

I totally agree with you here.

I respect that achievement(s), no doubt.

Are you French?

Wow what a witty retort! No I am a realistic city fan that finds it embarrassing fans like you genuinely believe we have been more successful than Cardiff. Please take your blinkers off.

Giving banter is all well and good, but when you genuinely believe we are more successful than them, it probably explains why we have such ridiculous expectation levels at this club!

Wow what a witty retort! No I am a realistic city fan that finds it embarrassing fans like you genuinely believe we have been more successful than Cardiff. Please take your blinkers off.

Giving banter is all well and good, but when you genuinely believe we are more successful than them, it probably explains why we have such ridiculous expectation levels at this club!

Surrender monkey...

It's all very well having a little laugh about Cardiff. I'd be laughing at Bristol City if you'd just lost the Autowindscreens final, or the Gloucestershire cup final, or whatever.

The fact remains that there is not a single Bristol City fan out there who wouldn't swap almost every aspect of your club for almost every aspect of ours.

To me, Bristol City fans laughing at Cardiff is a bit like Vicky Pollard mocking Catherine Zeta Jones because she only got second prize in a beauty pageant.

We did us, our league and our sport proud yesterday, so laugh all you like, you know it's true.

Ignore any of the mockery, mate, I suspect the majority of Bristol City fans would agree with me that you were fantastic on Sunday and deserved to win, if only for the passion you displayed in extra time. To raise your game as you did in the second of half of extra time was really incredible stuff. I was willing you to win on penalties, but a shame that Reyna wasn't even tested...

Probably the most pleasing thing about this season for us has been the general feeling of togetherness around the club and the fantastic work ethic from the players. I think in this division work ethic and team spirit goes a long way, add in a few match winners and anything is possible.

A lot of the complaints about last seasons debacle was the lack of fight amongst the team, as soon as we went behind they would usually let their heads drop, this season that doesn't happen, we don't always get the equaliser or the winner but they keep going to the final whistle and that's the minimum we ask for as fans.

Been a few mentions here of us bottling yesterday, this season I have no seen no such thing.

Absolutely, and this was key to our success in our first season in this league. Our work ethic that year was unreal, and this and this alone dragged us through many games. We had a little bit of quality to, in the form of Noble, Trundle, Carle and Elliott. Where we failed and failed miserably, was failing to add to this little bit of quality, and add REAL quality. We were top of the league that January, and we should have gone and signed the top class striker we desperately needed. Ebanks Blake for example...instead, we went for Dele Adebola (bless his cottons)

Unfortunately now, the players we have here, are nothing short of shambolic. McGivern, utterly dreadful, Nyatanga is dreadful, Fontaine is over rated (some people say he is destined for the Prem - laughable!! Caulker was destined for the Prem, Fontaine isnt a patch on him), Carey is way to old, Skuse is a passenger, Elliott lost form 3 years ago....accompany this with utter players like Clarkson, Ryan Taylor, Campbell Ryce, Damion Stewart and Woolford draining our coffers, it points to one thing...relegation.

One thing I've learnt with Bristol City in my time, is we are ran like an amateur club. This season we are finally going to get caught out as we are stuck with a bunch of gutless losers.

Behave boys. We all hate Cardiff, but there is no doubt we'd be glowing with pride if we'd achieved what they have in the last few years on the pitch (forget the money spent, threat of admin etc).

Can we just leave it at that? - we're looking like a bunch of jealous whinging kids.

Archived