IGNORED

England Manager

Calculus

Ht were drawing with world cup finalists under a clueless pearce without 5/6 first teamers, Loews Germany losing at home to france

In a friendly... a one off game...

He isnt even good enough to be a club manager.

He's so clueless, he puts Michael Mancienne in midfield for the under 21s - the fact he does that is bad enough, but the fact he has jack rodwell on the bench, shows how clueless he was.....

In a friendly... a one off game...

He isnt even good enough to be a club manager.

He's so clueless, he puts Michael Mancienne in midfield for the under 21s - the fact he does that is bad enough, but the fact he has jack rodwell on the bench, shows how clueless he was.....

But Loew is good enough to be a club manager? Look at his managerial record he has never been at a club longer than 18months. I'm not saying Pearce is tactical genius but he is far from useless. Give him the right help along side him and he could do as good a job as most

Edit - maybe he is a tactical genius who would think to get Cahill running off the centre halfs shoulder

Pearce would do at least as good a job as the previous prat.

2-2.

not a bad start, pulled it back well.

2-3 spoke to soon !

He might have had a bad time with england - but I still rather him than stuart pearce!

Mind you, the fact that anyone would compare the two, shows how downhill fabios career has gone!!

Rather have Pearce, an Englishman who is proud of it.

Not a foreigner who can hardly speak the language and who was totally uncomfortable in this country - good riddance to the vastly overpaid elderly prat. He did the barest minimum expected for 6m a year. 6m ! For doing what most managers before him did - naff all.

Tonight we suffered due to inexperience and some players being given a chance against a top team who wouldn't have got a sniff of a game with Capello. This is what friendly games are all about - to have a look at the younger and fringe players, not to play Rooney, Terry, Lampard, Cole etc.

Good game all things considered.

Being english would be great in a perfect world. Problem is, in recent years we havent had managers good enough to be england manager. I dont want someone to get the job because they are english (McLaren, Hoddle), I want them to get it because they have proven to be a quality manager at the top level - fortunately, we have one that is english this time round.

Being english would be great in a perfect world. Problem is, in recent years we havent had managers good enough to be england manager. I dont want someone to get the job because they are english (McLaren, Hoddle), I want them to get it because they have proven to be a quality manager at the top level - fortunately, we have one that is english this time round.

Hoddle was doing a good job before he got sacked

i still dont think harry is the man

Agree with this. In the past I am sure we have all wanted an English manager, but you can't just give it to a manager just because they are English. Until now there hasn't been an Englishman with the experience and know how for such a big job.

McClaren is the perfect example, an Englishman but he's crap. Appointing him cost us a place at the last Euros. I personally would rather have a foreign manager that qualified us for the major tournaments, rather than an Englishman that is completely out of his depth and would be unable to qualify us for major tournaments.

Harry is the man now, just about everyone's choice so give him a go. First Englishman in a long time that is worthy of a crack at it.

The FA messed right up with Capello. He was the best qualified at the time for the job, but Capello clearly made no effort what so ever to seriously learn the language. The FA should have made sure he improved the language for starters and not have gave him such a long contract. It should have been done over a 2 year period. Then if we progress in a tournament give them another crack at the next one.

Not renewing it just before the World Cup.

As much as I wanted an Englishman I understand why they employed him, and at the time got the best man for the job. They just went about the whole process completely wrong. Now it is Harry's time.

As far as English managers go, he's the only one at the top level that is good enough. There aint any better english managers than Redknapp.

The fact that stuart Pearce is even being mentioned, shows the quality of English managers we have.

Who would you go for?

keith m ofc.

Whoever gets the job is going to regret it, they're stuck with English players who are generally shite coupled with unrealistic fans expectations, by a country mile the most intrusive and dangerous media in the world, and a set of complete buffoons at the FA.

If 'Arry takes it he's mental, it's an impossible job and he's no need of it. And there's no transfer market to play.

Whoever gets the job is going to regret it, they're stuck with English players who are generally shite

Shite compared to what?

Top ten in the world. That isnt too shite is it. A nation that wins plenty more then they lose. If you mean shite becuase of the fact we get knocked out of tournaments no later then the quarter finals, then who is it that has high expectations.

Seems like you.

Many nations would kill to even qualify for a tournament.

Agree with the unrealistic expectations though. And the media which is largely to blame for the hype also. ******* hate this countries media often.

Rather have Pearce, an Englishman who is proud of it.

Not a foreigner who can hardly speak the language and who was totally uncomfortable in this country - good riddance to the vastly overpaid elderly prat. He did the barest minimum expected for 6m a year. 6m ! For doing what most managers before him did - naff all.

Tonight we suffered due to inexperience and some players being given a chance against a top team who wouldn't have got a sniff of a game with Capello. This is what friendly games are all about - to have a look at the younger and fringe players, not to play Rooney, Terry, Lampard, Cole etc.

Good game all things considered.

My view is always that we don't have to have an English manager, but we should at least have someone who is familiar with English footbal, has worked here, knows what he has to work with - and what he's up against - oh, and can speak the lingo. That helps.

Shite compared to what?

Shite in terms of skill compared to the players produced by other nations of a similar size whose grass roots coaching isn't 30 years out of date. Considering that we have by far the richest leagues in the world, we invest **** all in future players which is why more than half our first XI can barely control a ball or use their other foot.

Top ten in the world. That isnt too shite is it. A nation that wins plenty more then they lose. If you mean shite becuase of the fact we get knocked out of tournaments no later then the quarter finals, then who is it that has high expectations.

Seems like you.

Many nations would kill to even qualify for a tournament.

My expectations are about the organisation of the game in England, not that the current players will suddenly turn into skillful ones overnight. Do I really need to explain why FIFA rankings aren't a good gauge of player ability?

Agree with the unrealistic expectations though. And the media which is largely to blame for the hype also. ******* hate this countries media often.

I hope Levenson throws them all in jail.

I don't really remember the circumstances leading to Venables and Hoddle's appointments but Redknapp is so universally backed, and would come from a successful spell at Spurs, that anyone other than he would be a huge anti climax.

With that said, I'm not a fan of what Trevor Brooking has apparently suggested, which is the new man could 'parachute in' shortly before the Euro's. Clearly this is specifically directed at Redknapp in the eventuality, which is what I see as the likelihood, that he informs the FA he'll take the job in the summer, once the season is over.

Now personally I'm not a huge fan of that. I don't like the idea of Redknapp 'unofficially' advising on his squad, stepping into the breach days before, with his first game as England manager the first game of the Euro's. In that situation, if I was the FA, I'd tell Redknapp the job was his once the Euro's were over. As said, the media in this country are pretty cut-throat and a potential situation where Redknapp 'parachutes in' and then England falling at the first in the Euro's, which isnt unlikely, will result in a bloodbath.

If Redknapp wants it now, fantastic, get him in. If he wants it after the season ends, as long as it is a week before the Norway friendly, fantastic, get him in. If he cannot or will not do either of these then tell him the job is his after the Euro's as long as he does it full time.

The question then becomes who fills the void. Not a fan of Pearce and, I can't quite believe I'm saying this, but in this instance I would offer someone like Pulis a 4 month contract on the condition he took leave from Stoke and returned once the Euro's were done.

I'm gonna go find my tin hat . . . .

I cant see a welshman wanting to do it?!

The angle I was looking at was someone with a philosophy, not necessarily pleasing on the eye, who could come in short term and offer something different.

As much as it may seem that way I'm not trying to incite a riot, but Warnock would have been my first choice while he was unemployed.

Edit - Sorry, to clarify, first choice in the instance that Redknapp agrees to take it full time after the Euro's.

If 'arry won't play ball, I'd appoint the next best candidate ASAP.

The angle I was looking at was someone with a philosophy, not necessarily pleasing on the eye, who could come in short term and offer something different.

As much as it may seem that way I'm not trying to incite a riot, but Warnock would have been my first choice while he was unemployed.

Edit - Sorry, to clarify, first choice in the instance that Redknapp agrees to take it full time after the Euro's.

If 'arry won't play ball, I'd appoint the next best candidate ASAP.

I can see why you would suggest it, taking my BCFC hat off, you got to say he's done terrific at stoke.

But there is a clamour for an englishmen..... so for that reason, it wont happen IMO

Shite in terms of skill compared to the players produced by other nations of a similar size whose grass roots coaching isn't 30 years out of date. Considering that we have by far the richest leagues in the world, we invest **** all in future players which is why more than half our first XI can barely control a ball or use their other foot.

My expectations are about the organisation of the game in England, not that the current players will suddenly turn into skillful ones overnight. Do I really need to explain why FIFA rankings aren't a good gauge of player ability?

I hope Levenson throws them all in jail.

I think we can blame having the richest league in the world as a reason that we are lacking in producing the quaility of players as other nations. Teams buy foreign imports. At the end of the day, why would they care what nationality the player is? So long as they are winning.

I dont disagree about the way the FA is run, and the lack of organisation of the game at grass roots in this country. There are many many issues.

I just wanted to say that we arent that shite tbh. Will never win anything the way everything is run in this country of course, but we arent terrible by any means.

I think we can blame having the richest league in the world as a reason that we are lacking in producing the quaility of players as other nations. Teams buy foreign imports. At the end of the day, why would they care what nationality the player is? So long as they are winning.

I dont disagree about the way the FA is run, and the lack of organisation of the game at grass roots in this country. There are many many issues.

I just wanted to say that we arent that shite tbh. Will never win anything the way everything is run in this country of course, but we arent terrible by any means.

Fair enough - when I say shite I'm really saying shite relative to where we could be if the game wasn't run by greedy halfwits.

I assume SJC is on a wind up. Else he's a fool.

There's a reason why England only ever go so far and that is mainly because the high-octane game that prevails in England doesn't occur in tournament football. Those pesky foreigners allow our brave headless chickens to see little of the ball by focussing on keeping it themselves. Yet here you are putting forward Warnock and Pulis as viable managerial options. It would be like watching Howard Wilkinson's England, but without the quality.

Everyone knows there aren't any English managers up to the job, and that is why I hope that everyone clamouring for one gets their own way. You deserve it.

Pearce would do at least as good a job as the previous prat.

2-2.

not a bad start, pulled it back well.

2-3 spoke to soon but you can't stop class !

Good entertaining game though, makes a change.

You realise we went 2011 unbeaten under Capello yeah? Beat Spain in his penultimate game. Pearce did bhetter than I thought last night, but even so vs Spain I could not have seen us winning under Pearce. Pearce v Capello comparison a bit ridiculous really- one is one of the top managers of his era, perhaps any era- one has limited club experience and presided over group stage elimination in U21s 2011. Though he did well before.

From what I heard of Germany-France analysis today,experimental Germany side. Much like an experimental England side here. Pearce I suppose could work but only wioth the right tactican alongside him- even in 06 under Klinnsman, he was just a motivator, figurehead Loew did all the tactics etc.

I assume SJC is on a wind up. Else he's a fool.

Not on a wind-up at all.

As a short term measure, if we were waiting on Redknapp, attempting to beat the top European sides with an alternative method rather than a half assed regurgitation of something they ultimately do better anyway makes decent sense to me.

My view is always that we don't have to have an English manager, but we should at least have someone who is familiar with English footbal, has worked here, knows what he has to work with - and what he's up against - oh, and can speak the lingo. That helps.

Thing is we get foreign managers then we get shot of them for not winning anything even though we did ok under them (erikson) or they manage how they want to manage (capello). If all the FA want to do is keep the ragtops happy then 'arry it is. His verbal diarrhea will keep many a newsless day's backpage full with his tripe.

Not on a wind-up at all.

As a short term measure, if we were waiting on Redknapp, attempting to beat the top European sides with an alternative method rather than a half assed regurgitation of something they ultimately do better anyway makes decent sense to me.

You aren't remembering Graham Taylor's reign then?

Archived