IGNORED

Things Going From Bad To Worse For Pompey

Riaz

The whole situation is absolutely scandalous, surely they should be deducted more points in the grounds of the original CVA failing?

If you were a local business owed £50,000 originally, that would have been reduced to £10,000 under the original CVA. Now that has failed, if another CVA is agreed at 20p in the pound then that local business will now only receive £2,000 of the original £50,000 debt.

However you look at it, it's just not fair and if the only sanction they face is a 10 point penalty then it's simply not a big enough deterrent.

News seems to be that they're really struggling to fullfill their fixtures... That could be really mixed news for us if they can't. I assume if they weren't able to finish the season, then all the points accumulated against them would be scrapped. That would mean that Ispwich lost 6 points, Peterborough and Watford 3, Us 1. Those clubs might be dragged back in slightly, but we'd lose ground on Doncaster and Coventry who haven't gained any points against Portsmouth. It would however guarentee one relegation place...

News seems to be that they're really struggling to fullfill their fixtures... That could be really mixed news for us if they can't. I assume if they weren't able to finish the season, then all the points accumulated against them would be scrapped. That would mean that Ispwich lost 6 points, Peterborough and Watford 3, Us 1. Those clubs might be dragged back in slightly, but we'd lose ground on Doncaster and Coventry who haven't gained any points against Portsmouth. It would however guarentee one relegation place...

They will still be here come end of the season. Their club is a disgrace, but the FA and Football league are just as big a disgrace! It's scansolous what they are getting away with

a rumour i hear from someone within the game is they will be wound up at the end of the season and a new AFC owned by the fans trust are to be offered a place in Conference or even league 2!!

Is there a precedent for a club failing to fulfill there fixtures? is it def that only 2 will go down and not an extra promoted or worse still 1 less relagation from the prem!!

Sad times for fans at Pompey but its high time football Clubs are held more accountable , IMO any club in Admin should be relegated 2 leagues and have to operate with a wage cap for 5 seasons to stop the quick fix that goes on nowadays with clubs like Leicester who a few years ago were in admin and know throw money around

a rumour i hear from someone within the game is they will be wound up at the end of the season and a new AFC owned by the fans trust are to be offered a place in Conference or even league 2!!

Is there a precedent for a club failing to fulfill there fixtures? is it def that only 2 will go down and not an extra promoted or worse still 1 less relagation from the prem!!

Sad times for fans at Pompey but its high time football Clubs are held more accountable , IMO any club in Admin should be relegated 2 leagues and have to operate with a wage cap for 5 seasons to stop the quick fix that goes on nowadays with clubs like Leicester who a few years ago were in admin and know throw money around

Be careful what you wish for ... there but for the grace of God and all that.

If it happened to us at Rovers then so be it and the same at City...

Clubs cannot be allowed to gamble like this and then not pay there way and accept proper punishment if it goes wrong,

Both Rovers and City are lucky that the chairman/owners cover the loses so bills are paid if there not then the club should be punished... players wages need to be lowered and clubs should be run within there means , the financial fair play rules are a step in the right direction and the wage caps in league 1 and 2 are a good thing IMO... infact if you lot go down it will be interesting to see how the wage cap would work at City ( not that i think you will go down , sadly i think there are at least 3 teams worse than you )

It can't carry on...for the good of football as a whole, things need to change. If it means Clubs being wound up, then so be it. Start all over again.

If it happened to City...and we had an owner who ran our Club inapproprietly, then i would have no problem if we were wound up and we had to start again.

Businesses we own or work for all have to abide by rules...why should Football Clubs get away with it?

It can't carry on...for the good of football as a whole, things need to change. If it means Clubs being wound up, then so be it. Start all over again.

If it happened to City...and we had an owner who ran our Club inapproprietly, then i would have no problem if we were wound up and we had to start again.

Businesses we own or work for all have to abide by rules...why should Football Clubs get away with it?

Turn it in Spudski !! If that happened you would explode !!

God willing...it will never happen. If we had owners that ran the Club poorly, then i hope the faithful down the Gate, would do something about it.

But...In general, football fans across the board are disgruntled with football and how it is being run.

How are things going to change for the better, if certain Clubs are continually allowed to run the way they do?

We have to look at the bigger picture...surely?

We all love our Clubs, but tbh...Fans are probably the biggest problem. They just go along with everything. Clubs know this. IMHO...it's misguided loyalty.

They'll have to Go to at least tier 5. They won't be allowed to the conference or conference south.

Not a problem if they can get a few thousand each week, they can near enough be pro and afford the best at each level.

I think Chester FC have had the highest placing as a 'Phoenix' club. Which was tier 8

I believe Aldershot were the last team to fail to complete their fixtures about 20 years ago. 1960ish Accrington folded and there's been a few over the years, Aberdare, Leeds City, Thames etc.

Anyone savey enough to work out the table if they were to not to play again and their points put back "if you get me"

Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts 1 Southampton 32 18 7 7 60 31 29 61 2 Reading 31 17 6 8 41 26 15 57 3 West Ham 30 16 7 7 46 29 17 55 4 Blackpool 31 15 9 7 55 41 14 54 5 Middlesbrough 31 14 10 7 36 32 4 52 6 Birmingham 31 14 9 8 50 30 20 51 7 Brighton 32 14 8 10 38 33 5 50 8 Cardiff 30 13 10 7 46 36 10 49 9 Hull City 30 14 6 10 30 25 5 48 10 Burnley 32 14 5 13 45 39 6 47 11 Leeds United 31 13 6 12 51 48 3 45 12 Leicester 30 12 7 11 41 35 6 43 13 Crystal Palace 31 11 10 10 33 30 3 43 14 Barnsley 31 11 6 14 43 50 -7 39 15 Derby 31 11 6 14 30 41 -11 39 16 Watford 31 9 10 12 34 48 -14 37 17 Peterborough 30 9 8 13 48 47 1 35 18 Ipswich Town 30 10 4 16 48 60 -12 34 19 Millwall 32 7 10 15 33 45 -12 31 20 Nottm Forest 31 9 4 18 28 47 -19 31 21 Bristol City 32 8 6 18 28 52 -24 30 22 Coventry City 32 7 7 18 28 44 -16 28 23 Doncaster 30 6 7 17 26 49 -23 25

:city: Not always happened like that the same get relegated and another gets promoted is how it has happened in the past.

I'd be very suprised if that happened. If 3 went down to League 1 and 4 came up, then League 1 would be one short - meaning that an extra club would have to be promoted from League 2 .... and so on all the way down the football pyramid. Completely unworkable - am sure that what will happen will be as has happened before - only two down (from our league).

:city: Not always happened like that the same get relegated and another gets promoted is how it has happened in the past.

Actually there is a lot of sense to that option as someone somewhere would have to make room for Pompey further down the food chain. The simplest way to deal with that is to allow an additonal club to be promoted from each of the leagues below. God I'm worried now if Pompey go and 3 still get relegated!

Archived