IGNORED

Nimby's Now Claiming 'coruption'

BS15_RED

I'd throw this 'evidence' out without a second thought.

Suely there is no proof whatsoever and without a police investigation and subsequent trial everyone is innocent anyway. Have they even reported it to the police?

That could delay things even longer, exactly what they want maybe?!

I'd say that false statements and the liability that such issues cause are extremely serious, if they are unfounded then this could prove a costly mistake for someone, if not say goodbye to the stadium for a while and possibly more.

This does seem to be slander or whatever term you care to throw at it. With no evidence of any of this harrassment, intimidation or violence to throw this in the pot with zero evidence surely must be the final straw? These claims are outrageous and totally unproven, how they are allowed to throw these things into the public domain is beyond me.

That could delay things even longer, exactly what they want maybe?!

I'd say that false statements and the liability that such issues cause are extremely serious, if they are unfounded then this could prove a costly mistake for someone, if not say goodbye to the stadium for a while and possibly more.

tbh, if someone is causing intimidation/violence then that should be looked at separately in a court at a separate hearing. Can't see why it should have to slow down the process

Any anyway, if it was to be tried in court then there needs to be a defendant. So who is being accused?

Sounds like they're getting ever more desperate and nothing is too low for them to stoop too.

Makes you wonder what's next. BCFC has been developing a dirty bomb? Its all part of SL's evil plan to take of the world.

[Menacing chuckle to fade ......]

Makes you wonder what's next. BCFC has been developing a dirty bomb? Its all part of SL's evil plan to take of the world.

[Menacing chuckle to fade ......]

In all seriousness, I think whoever's made this latest 'allegation' should be named, and if the said individual has no evedence to back it up then SL and co should sue them for slander.

In all seriousness, I think whoever's made this latest 'allegation' should be named, and if the said individual has no evedence to back it up then SL and co should sue them for slander.

If they want to make a formal accusation then their name would be in the public domain.

So the plan is, "say what the hell you like behind a cloak of anonymity."

You'd think a judge would know that courts should deal with evidence and not hearsay. So lets have the evidence please.

Our courts don't seem terribly robust, do they?

I imagine the delay from Friday is probably so evidence can be submitted to corroborate this. Looking at it objectively, none of it adds up. Why are they only now providing evidence of this? Why not report any incidences of 'violence and intimidation' to the police? That would surely only strengthen their claims down the line? This does seem to be a final roll of the dice for them and a rather dangerous path to tread. If they can't back it up it would surely weaken their claims and leave them open to civil action? I just hope a City 'fan' hasn't been coming home from the pub one night and thought it would be helpful to throw a brick through a window or something...

As an aside, would it even be illegal to pay off a private individual to drop a case? I dOn't think for a second that the club did anything of the sort, but I can't see what would be illegal about it. 'Out of Court Settlement' springs to mind...

I just hope a City 'fan' hasn't been coming home from the pub one night and thought it would be helpful to throw a brick through a window or something...

I agree with this. But lets say that did happen, why does it need to be integral to the issue?

Any act of unlawful behaviour by some idiot indivisual should be dealt with properly and separately....and we move on.

This does seem to be slander or whatever term you care to throw at it. With no evidence of any of this harrassment, intimidation or violence to throw this in the pot with zero evidence surely must be the final straw? These claims are outrageous and totally unproven, how they are allowed to throw these things into the public domain is beyond me.

On the other hand, perhaps it's true. I have no idea either way, and I doubt anyone else here has either.

They havn't named SL or his partners or implied in any way it's down to him - so he can't react.

They claim a"businessman with an interest in the develoment" made the approach.

That could mean anyone from a contractor hoping to get work on the site to a security firm hoping to get the contract to secure the site when it starts. Or it could mean they made it all up.

They kept it deliberately vague so no one can repudiate their claim.

CR

It's called perverting the course of justice, IF some individual (s) were offered or accepted what effectively is a bribe

It does have to be proven, so if true, evidence has to be provided

I'm not convinced of that.

Surely using your logic then an out-of-court settlement would amount to the same thing? i.e. drop the court action and we'll pay you £600k, a la News International.

Archived