IGNORED

Nimby's Now Claiming 'coruption'

BS15_RED

It's called perverting the course of justice, IF some individual (s) were offered or accepted what effectively is a bribe

It does have to be proven, so if true, evidence has to be provided

it needs to be a crimnal case for it to pervert the course of justice not a civil case

In all seriousness, I think whoever's made this latest 'allegation' should be named, and if the said individual has no evedence to back it up then SL and co should sue them for slander.

Couldn't agree more.If allegations like this are made they must be contested in a court of law. :violin:

1 It would surpreise me if some kind of bribe was offered at some point.

2 There will always be fans that will set out to intimidate those who are preventing the club from moving forward. Moving onto...

3 I cant see the club being involved in any 'intimidation' ie. Lansdown and Sextoy

4 I have no doubt that Crispin and co will be involved in intimidation of their own, the poor old bloke who withdrew him claim went missing. Probably because Crispin would have been on his back.

5 Im glad people like this dont find their way into politics or we'd still be hunter gatherers.

6 Cant they just all fall into a big pit

If you read through the comments on Anthony Butcher's blog (Long Ashton councillor), somebody called The Bristol Blogger says that the businessman is named in the court papers and is not an obvious candidate. Presumably this means no-one directly connected to City is involved and the mystery deepens.

http://anthonybutcher.com/2012/03/accusations-of-bribery-in-the-judicial-review-case/#comments

I hope we don't have this much fun with our stadium application.

5 Im glad people like this dont find their way into politics or we'd still be hunter gatherers.

Goodness me, you have a lot of faith in politicians.

I would argue that the majority of politicians are self-righteous know-it-alls. Humility and compassion are not top of list when it comes to their credentials.

I may be being a bit thick here, but, what happens if the TVGers win and the land is designated as a Village Green? Who will own the land? Will the landowners get their money back? Who are the legal costs down to?

If they win then SL will own a worthless piece of nothing.

The ultimate winners though might be the travelling commuity as the rest of us invite them in to make use of it :) (joke, before the nimbys suggest its intimidation)

Let hope it doesn't come to that and the right result is reached.

I may be being a bit thick here, but, what happens if the TVGers win and the land is designated as a Village Green? Who will own the land? Will the landowners get their money back? Who are the legal costs down to?

If they win the JR it goes back to the PROW commity and the same call is made only he paperwork is filled out correctly, its just a delaying tactic

You only have to go back and view the video of the Public Rights of Way and Greens Committee about 31mins in.

http://www.bristol.p...teractive/59654

The person from the Ashton Vale Heritage Group no showed, after correspondence with Cllr. Abraham. In which was claimed he was being paid off, to see how easy they make these claims, then withdraw them when challenged.

You only have to go back and view the video of the Public Rights of Way and Greens Committee about 31mins in.

The person from the Ashton Vale Heritage Group no showed, after correspondence with Cllr. Abraham. In which was claimed he was being paid off, to see how easy they make these claims, then withdraw them when challenged.

Unbelievable. Some people ....

If you read through the comments on Anthony Butcher's blog (Long Ashton councillor), somebody called The Bristol Blogger says that the businessman is named in the court papers and is not an obvious candidate. Presumably this means no-one directly connected to City is involved and the mystery deepens.

http://anthonybutche...-case/#comments

I hope we don't have this much fun with our stadium application.

Anyone else think "James" is also "BCFC Finker" some cracking posts made by James on Anthonys site.

My favourite Butcher quote is the one regarding the % of people against the stadium in a vote in 2006 99% he claims?. Wait a minute 2006?

Thanks for this link. Am off work at the mo and decided to watch the whole thing again. I must be mad. The behaviour from the anti crowd is appalling. How can these people be holding this up still. The telling point is that BCC justify not going back to the inspector as both sides indicated clearly they wanted a quick decision. It seems clear once the decision was made to split the site they then wanted to go back to Ross Crail.

I understand the final ruling was put back from Friday to today, are we expecting news today or has it been delayed again? This has had more delays than Heathrow in the snow!

Tomorrow at the earliest.

I don't buy it that 'this new info is good news for us' as some were hoping. It's bound to be from the NIMBYs. They'll get their J R, no doubt. What happens in May is anyone's guess. I doubt this J R is a 24 hour-type effort either. How long is the J R once underway before a decision is made? Days? Weeks? Months? Longer? And then what? You can be just as sure the ruling will go against BCC, so how long will it then take for a new process to be drawn up and approved, disapproved and then appealed again, as it will be. It's all about delaying. We are years away from even scratching the ground at Ashton Vale, let alone having a new stadium there, imo.

Hypothetical situation.

1. The JR process is allowed to proceed only because of the evidence intimidation, violence and cash offers.

2. JR Hearing finds in the claimants favour.

3. Council conducts the process again and decides that the whole site is a TVG.

4. At a later date the evidence used to facilitate the JR continuation is proved to be unsound.

Hypothetical Questions.

1. Is a decision made at a JR hearing, which was only allowed to proceed on suspect evidence of intimidation, violence and cash offers, still an enforceable decision?

2. If the answer to 1 is that this is not an enforceable decision, does that mean that the original TVG decision would be reverted to?

3. Could the claimants be pursued for costs and damages?

4. Or would the whole process just start all over again?

The NIMBYs can't appeal BCC's decision to split the site, all they can do is appeal against how the decision was made and if the correct procedures were applied.

If the NIMBYs win the JR, it will go back to BCC council's PROW committee who will probably decide to get our new evidence tested officially by the 'unbiased' (yeah right) inspector (Ross Crail) and she will make a decision (TVG it is then).

Then BCC can just ignore here advice (like they did on the landfill site) and split the site like they have done now. The NIMBYs could appeal a split decision again but it is unlikely IMO, that they would succeed as all procedures would have been followed to the T.

BCC DO NOT have to follow Ross Crail's decision/advice, IT IS JUST A RECOMMENDATION.......the NIMBYs can't and won't understand/accept that, they think her decision is final.

BCAGFC

Can the council use a different inspector? seeing as the inspector was not really independent.

Probably not a good idea as it would give the NIMBYs a chance of an appeal, better to let Ms TVG make a decision and then ignore her recommendation.

We have to reduce any loopholes that the NIMBYs might/will use to delay things any further.

BCAGFC

The NIMBYs can't appeal BCC's decision to split the site, all they can do is appeal against how the decision was made and if the correct procedures were applied.

If the NIMBYs win the JR, it will go back to BCC council's PROW committee who will probably decide to get our new evidence tested officially by the 'unbiased' (yeah right) inspector (Ross Crail) and she will make a decision (TVG it is then).

Then BCC can just ignore here advice (like they did on the landfill site) and split the site like they have done now. The NIMBYs could appeal a split decision again but it is unlikely IMO, that they would succeed as all procedures would have been followed to the T.

BCC DO NOT have to follow Ross Crail's decision/advice, IT IS JUST A RECOMMENDATION.......the NIMBYs can't and won't understand/accept that, they think her decision is final.

BCAGFC

Absolutely correct - and unless the appellant was subjected to some illegal coercion (which he says he hasn't been - police aren't going to investigate if there's no victim) it's up to him as to why he decided to withdraw from proceedings. If it was a financial decision, that would be up to him - that would be no more corruption than it would be to settle a motor insurance claim in cash with someone, rather than take it to the insurance company.

Reading previous comments it sounds so gloomy for the city, Football club and the stadium.

Every time we make one step forward, Its two back!!

Does anyone know how long this can be dragged through the courts for?

BCC must have cocked it right up IMO.

The judge and NIMBY lawyers must clearly think there's solid evidence that BCC have made a mistake, And that its enough to grant and maybe even win the JR...

Not looking good...at all.

Could we be looking at a Brighton time scale?

Archived