IGNORED

Ynwa

Lew-T

Was looking at old videos of the 70s and 80s and numerous times I heard the city fans singing the chant. Didn't know we ever did! Although I'm probably younger than some of you. Just wondered how it came about?

Yeah now you mention it, I seem to remember it being sang by loads of different clubs back then.

It was just a well known football terrace song, then Liverpool kinda claimed it, rightly so I suppose, as there own. Plus in the mid early/mid 80's Liverpool went right out of favour with the football world and nobody wanted to be associated with them, so wouldn't dream of singing it.

Was looking at old videos of the 70s and 80s and numerous times I heard the city fans singing the chant. Didn't know we ever did! Although I'm probably younger than some of you. Just wondered how it came about?

Awful song. Makes me cringe every time I hear it, if I happen to accidently turn over to a Liverpool game.

Instanbul 2005 absolutely amazing.

Problem is, everytime I hear it, it just makes me think of all the sad no-marks I know from Bristol that claim to support the European city of self indulgence, despite not coming from there, having no family ties to there and, most of the time, never having even been there let alone having actually been to a game. The same no-marks that spend all their facebook lives posting updates about how "we" (Liverpool) are the best, and goading Man Utd "fans" of a similar ilk who wouldn't know what actually supporting a team means if it smashed them in the face.

For balance, it's also worth saying I have nothing against genuine Liverpool fans, who are from Liverpool or have ties to the city, and go and watch them play.

In case anyone wondered - children running around Bristol wearing Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea tops etc infuriates me like you wouldn't believe. You watch, there will be an ever increasing number of Man City tops appearing now, along with fully grown adults, who should know better, claiming to support them. *PUKE!*

Problem is, everytime I hear it, it just makes me think of all the sad no-marks I know from Bristol that claim to support the European city of self indulgence, despite not coming from there, having no family ties to there and, most of the time, never having even been there let alone having actually been to a game. The same no-marks that spend all their facebook lives posting updates about how "we" (Liverpool) are the best, and goading Man Utd "fans" of a similar ilk who wouldn't know what actually supporting a team means if it smashed them in the face.

For balance, it's also worth saying I have nothing against genuine Liverpool fans, who are from Liverpool or have ties to the city, and go and watch them play.

In case anyone wondered - children running around Bristol wearing Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea tops etc infuriates me like you wouldn't believe. You watch, there will be an ever increasing number of Man City tops appearing now, along with fully grown adults, who should know better, claiming to support them. *PUKE!*

My Dad's from Liverpool so am I allowed to support them as second club? Plastic Mancs are the worst... being in the pub for a super sunday when Wanc-hester are on is just awful...

My Dad's from Liverpool so am I allowed to support them as second club? Plastic Mancs are the worst... being in the pub for a super sunday when Wanc-hester are on is just awful...

I don't understand "Second clubs" either. Never have, but what you do is up to you.

I don't understand "Second clubs" either. Never have, but what you do is up to you.

Well, it seems pretty simple to me... Infact, I have favoured clubs in quite a few leagues... Celtic and Motherwell in Scotland are teams I like to look out for, MSV Duisburg in Germany and Real Madrid in Spain. I like football and having a preferred team makes it more enjoyable.

My Dad brought me up as a liverpool fan but as he moved here when he was a kid he chose City as his new club to watch. He watched the club through the darkest days and worked for the club post '82 when it was all hands on deck. I've been going to Ashton Gate since I can remember and City are my club. But when Liverpool won that final in Istanbul it meant as much to me as any other Liverpool fan.

Well, it seems pretty simple to me... Infact, I have favoured clubs in quite a few leagues... Celtic and Motherwell in Scotland are teams I like to look out for, MSV Duisburg in Germany and Real Madrid in Spain. I like football and having a preferred team makes it more enjoyable.

My Dad brought me up as a liverpool fan but as he moved here when he was a kid he chose City as his new club to watch. He watched the club through the darkest days and worked for the club post '82 when it was all hands on deck. I've been going to Ashton Gate since I can remember and City are my club. But when Liverpool won that final in Istanbul it meant as much to me as any other Liverpool fan.

Good for you then.

Good for you then.

Don't really understand this apparent misunderstanding of second clubs. I don't claim to have one personally but would look out for certain results over others mainly due to connections with family/friends supporting those teams.

Loads of people have a premier league team and a lower division one, I think people are just arguing vs Jordan as he has a reputation for speaking his mind on Otib! Almost as if it's arguing with him for the sake of it, I see what he's saying, loads of people have more than one team they look out for.

Don't really understand this apparent misunderstanding of second clubs. I don't claim to have one personally but would look out for certain results over others mainly due to connections with family/friends supporting those teams.

Loads of people have a premier league team and a lower division one, I think people are just arguing vs Jordan as he has a reputation for speaking his mind on Otib! Almost as if it's arguing with him for the sake of it, I see what he's saying, loads of people have more than one team they look out for.

A couple of things: Firstly, I don't know anything about Jordan. Never met the bloke. Secondly, you're confusing arguing with disagreeing.

I stated it was up to him what he does. It is. I have my opinion, he has his. Not sure there needs to be any confusion or blurring of boundaries there?

A lot of clubs used to sing YNWA . I remember singing in the Eastend with my scarf held above my head.

The song was always most associated with Liverpool but I think after Hillsbrough it took on an all new meaning for Liverpool fans and also the Shankly Gates have "you never walk alone" above it.

So that why other clubs stopped singing it.

A couple of things: Firstly, I don't know anything about Jordan. Never met the bloke. Secondly, you're confusing arguing with disagreeing.

I stated it was up to him what he does. It is. I have my opinion, he has his. Not sure there needs to be any confusion or blurring of boundaries there?

Apologies if this is the case, it was the seemingly flippant "good for you then." that made it seem slightly more argumentative.

Apologies if this is the case, it was the seemingly flippant "good for you then." that made it seem slightly more argumentative.

Not a problem. Understandable as you have the likes of Bangers on here who are just argumentative for the sake of it. I just give a view. I don't expect anyone to agree with it.

Archived