IGNORED

Ynwa

Lew-T

My Dad's from Liverpool so am I allowed to support them as second club? Plastic Mancs are the worst... being in the pub for a super sunday when Wanc-hester are on is just awful...

I have favoured clubs in quite a few leagues... Celtic and Motherwell in Scotland are teams I like to look out for, MSV Duisburg in Germany and Real Madrid in Spain. I like football and having a preferred team makes it more enjoyable.

So are you a plastic Scouser, Scot, Deutscher and Spaniard?

back to the topic i'ver heard ynwa at old city games on you tube, but we weren't the only ones, see the below the man city v derby match from the 70s, I guess it could be the derby fans having a dig at the mancs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMmQk2lK_Ks

Also watch it right to the end for the best bit of football commentry ever heard, its not long but is worth another thread alone!

Stupidity. Funny at times, I guess.

Apologies if I am stupid. Was asking a genuine question - you seem to take issue with someone supporting Man U who isn't a Mancunian (plastic?) so was asking if you tar yourself with the same brush?

Awful song. Makes me cringe every time I hear it, if I happen to accidently turn over to a Liverpool game.

Awful song?

Not a Liverpool fan, but I remember going to Anfield during our glory days. Got into an almost empty ground at about 1.40pm. I said "Almost empty" because at the opposite end there must've been 5,000 or more "Kopites" crammed into the small section of the Kop directly behind the goal. Either side of the goal was still empty terracing.

And when it had filled, and they bellowed out "You'll Never Walk Alone" by God, my neck and arm hairs stood to attention.

Fantastic footballing anthem.

Who are we to call this an awful song, especially when all we have to offer is

"Bouncing around" ..........

Apologies if I am stupid. Was asking a genuine question - you seem to take issue with someone supporting Man U who isn't a Mancunian (plastic?) so was asking if you tar yourself with the same brush?

Well, a clear inability to read an argument might be considered a sign of stupidity. In this case I believe it serves as clear indication.

My issue is with those who support Manchester United and only manchester united. Those who have never been to manchester and will laud it in the pub that 'their' side is superior despite not really knowing who the players are.

I support Bristol City and have family connections to a second club. I've been to Liverpool, I've been to Anfield. I said I have teams who's results I look out for in several countries because it makes it more interesting to have an interest in a particular club (I've been to Parkhead too, and My Grandad had a huge soft spot for Motherwell.) the German club is simply because I was them on a game once (sad isn't it, but I look to see if Dies Zebra's have got a result every week.

I think that's quite obviously different and really didn't require me to spell it out to you. But there we go.

I think you can only genuinely love and support one club but you can of course favour others. I have a soft spot for both Arsenal and Everton and also look out for Exeter and Accrington results. As a big Mourinho fan I like to see him enjoy success but that does not mean I have any feelings towards Madrid.

I disagree with you Jordan saying Istanbul meant as much to you as any other Liverpool fan, how could it? If City are your favoured club then there will be Liverpool fans where Istanbul was the greatest moment of their life, which I'm assuming it wasn't yours!

I think you can only genuinely love and support one club but you can of course favour others. I have a soft spot for both Arsenal and Everton and also look out for Exeter and Accrington results. As a big Mourinho fan I like to see him enjoy success but that does not mean I have any feelings towards Madrid.

I disagree with you Jordan saying Istanbul meant as much to you as any other Liverpool fan, how could it? If City are your favoured club then there will be Liverpool fans where Istanbul was the greatest moment of their life, which I'm assuming it wasn't yours!

Right up there with the Hartlepool and Palace play off wins and the rotherham game.

Well, a clear inability to read an argument might be considered a sign of stupidity. In this case I believe it serves as clear indication.

My issue is with those who support Manchester United and only manchester united. Those who have never been to manchester and will laud it in the pub that 'their' side is superior despite not really knowing who the players are.

I support Bristol City and have family connections to a second club. I've been to Liverpool, I've been to Anfield. I said I have teams who's results I look out for in several countries because it makes it more interesting to have an interest in a particular club (I've been to Parkhead too, and My Grandad had a huge soft spot for Motherwell.) the German club is simply because I was them on a game once (sad isn't it, but I look to see if Dies Zebra's have got a result every week.

I think that's quite obviously different and really didn't require me to spell it out to you. But there we go.

I understand completly. I was born in Manchester and have family that still live there. I moved to Bristol when i was 2. When i used to visit my cousins as a kid in th 80's id get taken to Old Trafford. My Grandparents lived in Crewe so my Grandad would take me to Gresty rd to watch the mighty Alex.

I dont see any problem supporting more than 1 club, not everyone is born and have family all in the same place

Right up there with the Hartlepool and Palace play off wins and the rotherham game.

How could it though Jord? For me, you cannot have the same Passion as someone who goes week in week out, or someone who at some point in their life, been going to watch a team week in week out.

This is the same whether your a Liverpool fan, United fan, Bristol City fan.

For example, people who have only watched City 10 or 15 times in their life live, will not have the same passion as someone who at some pOint in their life been going regularly.

On another note, what do you make of Kenny? I personally can't stick the bloke and find the King Kenny/Liverpool live in almost as cringe worthy as the Keegan / Newcastle love in.

How could it though Jord? For me, you cannot have the same Passion as someone who goes week in week out, or someone who at some point in their life, been going to watch a team week in week out.

For example, people who have only watched City 10 or 15 times in their life live, will not have the same passion as someone who at some pOint in their life been going regularly.

On another note, what do you make of Kenny? I personally can't stick the bloke and find the King Kenny/Liverpool live in almost as cringe worthy as the Keegan / Newcastle love in.

I suppose having had the benefit of growing up in the Premier league era, despite not physically attending games I have watched hundreds. It's obviously not the same and in a match between Liverpool and City there would only be one team for me. Infact, I remember in 97? We played a friendly against them and as a 6 year old I cried because city didn't win.

I was brought up on those Liverpool Videos "team of the decade" and all that... So Liverpool were almost as big a part of my footballing upbringing as City. The emotion of seeing my team 3-0 down in the biggest match in my lifetime was intense, not to mention manx supporting friends ripping the living shit out of me. The win was simply one of the best feelings I've had.

I don't really see how I can explain it, but that's how I feel. You might not have the capability to feel similar ways about two football clubs but I've had it instilled in me since birth.

On Kenny, I think he's a legend. He loves the club and as a player and manager he has done it all with aplomb. I think he's done a stirling job as well after the Hodgson debacle and Rafas last season.

Just my opinion though :)

I suppose having had the benefit of growing up in the Premier league era, despite not physically attending games I have watched hundreds. It's obviously not the same and in a match between Liverpool and City there would only be one team for me. Infact, I remember in 97? We played a friendly against them and as a 6 year old I cried because city didn't win.

I was brought up on those Liverpool Videos "team of the decade" and all that... So Liverpool were almost as big a part of my footballing upbringing as City. The emotion of seeing my team 3-0 down in the biggest match in my lifetime was intense, not to mention manx supporting friends ripping the living shit out of me. The win was simply one of the best feelings I've had.

I don't really see how I can explain it, but that's how I feel. You might not have the capability to feel similar ways about two football clubs but I've had it instilled in me since birth.

On Kenny, I think he's a legend. He loves the club and as a player and manager he has done it all with aplomb. I think he's done a stirling job as well after the Hodgson debacle and Rafas last season.

Just my opinion though :)

This 'Bluenose' agrees with you, Mr. Tansley.

Agree with every word.

Dalglish has got Liverpool 7th in a 6 team league. He's doing great.

Quality, so true!

Archived