IGNORED

Leicester Match Thread

Josh93

I can't imagine how tense that was for you that were at ashton gate. I was at work very close to vomiting in injury time.

An Amazing result. That should galvanise the teams confidence.

GET THE HELL IN!!!! COYR!!!

It's worse when u listen on the radio, glad i was there. Superb night great atmosphere and the boys played their hearts out.

Has Pitman shagged your mother or something?

No, but at that point in the game Kilkenny was brought on to replace Pitman because he was struggling to continue running. We needed fresh legs and as Derek alluded to in his post match interviews he substituted those struggling most at each point.

I thought that was pretty self explanatory.

No, but at that point in the game Kilkenny was brought on to replace Pitman because he was struggling to continue running. We needed fresh legs and as Derek alluded to in his post match interviews he substituted those struggling most at each point.

I thought that was pretty self explanatory.

I have to say I thought it was a very risky substitution. Even an ambling Pitman, (not that I thought he was as shot as Stead) is a lot more of a goal threat than our mouthy antipodean, who offers very little and gives the ball away far too often for a midfiled player.

Anyway a brilliant performance by all the players. Same again Saturday please! :):fingerscrossed:

I have to say I thought it was a very risky substitution. Even an ambling Pitman, (not that I thought he was as shot as Stead) is a lot more of a goal threat than our mouthy antipodean, who offers very little and gives the ball away far too often for a midfiled player.

Anyway a brilliant performance by all the players. Same again Saturday please! :):fingerscrossed:

I thought it was an inspired substitution. Kilkenny covered plenty of ground in the last ten minutes and put his foot on the ball on a couple of occasions when his team mates would have panicked and cleared there lines despite not facing any immediate pressure to do so. He took the sting out of the barrage of Leicester attacks that we had been facing and gave us an extra body in midfield. We didn't need a goal threat (and pitman at that point was a threat to nobody) we needed to make sure we got through to the final whistle with 3 points.

I think I'd agree that Kilkenny kept the ball a bit longer and was directing the players to go to the far corners of the pitch which did help calm for a few short periods.

Although having said that I don't think DM had much choice he had not defenders on the bench! Which is worrying if one of our defenders get injured before cardiff game or in the game itself.

That said I think his subs all worked okay and he did great to wait that big longer until stead scored. Only Wood came on and didn't give the same passion as stead but maybe he just isn't used to this role or have the same pace as stead.

Archived