IGNORED

Great Atmosphere!

Lew-T

My son was by the knowle pub and heard the roar when the second goal went in and a later rendition of COYR, so it must have been quite good. It's something I've only heard once when I didn't get to a match (Boro I think).

I thought the music at the start was amazing and got everyone up for it ( if you know what I mean) and once the game started and Cisse got in a couple of early tackles that really got us all going, I thought every player fought hard tonight, but, if I had to pick one player, it had to be Cisse, he was awesome, loved his determination and got the whole crowd on their feet, well done U Red Boys !!!!!!!

I thought the reaction to conceding each goal was key. Usually when we concede we get a mixture of negativity and nervousness from the crowd. I think the players pick up on this and also become very nervous. But tonight, the crowd didn't turn negative and Ashton gate didnt feel nervous. (even though I was)

A very determined performance from the players and fans.

Definitely right Riaz. When AG is rocking just after the visitors have scored (as it was tonight) OF COURSE the players pick up on this and they want to put the damage right, so to speak.

Just hope we can keep this support up to that level on Saturday.

Here's a thought. Best atmosphere this season from one of the smallest attendances this season ??

Could it be that the "fair weather" supporters just don't pick up on the vibe and so it is harder to get it going ?

Definitely right Riaz. When AG is rocking just after the visitors have scored (as it was tonight) OF COURSE the players pick up on this and they want to put the damage right, so to speak.

Just hope we can keep this support up to that level on Saturday.

Here's a thought. Best atmosphere this season from one of the smallest attendances this season ??

Could it be that the "fair weather" supporters just don't pick up on the vibe and so it is harder to get it going ?

Yes totally agree, some of the fair weather fans (not all) are very quick to get on the players backs. Not tonight though i didn't hear anyone slagging the players off. Apart from me having a go at Foster for not closing his man down (second goal)

Atmosphere tonight was great. I recorded a small clip of the crowd at the final whistle which im going to kick Thursdays BCFC Podcast off with so for a reminder of just how good everyone sounded then make sure you download it on Thursday!!

If you dont already follow the podcast on Twitter then get following.... @BCFCPodcast and be the first to download and hear it!!!

Hopefully last night proved to some fans that the support actually does affect the team and make them play better. We as fans should be like that 90% of the time rather than waiting for something to happen to start getting noisy. GJ said as much during his time here...

Sounded good on the radio, had to work last night, so missed it. I am sorely tempted not to go on Saturday in the hope superstition kicks in and we win again. If I don't go, I wonder if watching them on TV will count as watching them?!

The best moment of the night by miles when was the Leceister sub Jeffery Schlupp came on.

Our announcer made it sound like Jeffery "Slut" and the whole stadium went "WHOOOOOOOO"

Seriously funny

Did I?!? I tried hard to make sure it sounded like Schlupp as Ive got a cold at the moment and I knew that announcing it wrong would be naughty! haha

If the Ballboy survives, it would be good to give him a little mention on Saturday....something like 'we've got the best behaved Ballboys in the land'???

He was great, when the three jobsworths in high-vis were getting stroppy one of them gestured towards the Ballboy probably saying to his 2 mates..'But he threw it back to them'.....The Ballboy just sat on his little stool, shrugged and put his arms out as if to say....'It wasn't me'.

Great moment....then came 'Sacked in the morning' Brilliant! That was probably when James had a look over his shoulder and chuckled.

Also in the game when we were hanging on for dear lives, James went to get the ball by him, they were having a bit of a 'tactic' conversation on how they could best waste a bit of time, and I'm sure the lad was saying and gesturing to James to slow down and take your time. The Ref gave James a shout to hurry it along and James pointed at the Ballboy and blamed him (but was laughing). Brilliant! Partners in crime them two!

I hope he survives!

What I liked was how we booed whenever Leicester had the ball.

When the atmosphere is like it was last night, we rarely lose....

Keep it up everyone

Totally agree with this! We need to make AG a horrible place for the away side. Because we all know on its day, AG can be a hostile ground.

I love booing

Last night was like our first season back in championship, hostile as hell, when every other week managers would say how they hated coming here (pulis, warnock, holloway, simon jordan etc)

Hoping for more booing against cardiff

Group of young lads started the booing after only a couple of minutes,our group followed suit and so on and so forth.OLD SCHOOL SUPPORT.

I said before the the game, we needed to get horrible, and boy, last night were we horrible, the crowd were unbelivable, we were in the A block, and we never stopped all game. Yeah we were shouting, singing and swearing, but it felt like being back in the 80s/90's. I have pulled muscles in my lower back and neck, through the sheer strain of shouting, singing and swearing all night, but it was F##king worth it. COYR

Archived