IGNORED

Joe Bryan

redmelsh

2 bloody footed for a start!!!

Composed with the ball, made good use of it, good passing,good positional awareness(for the most part).

A good debut. 7/10

This is the most interesting comment of the night. In an age where players cant even shoot with both feet a guy who can play with both feet is at a real asset. Have we had an offer yet?

We used the academy again at last! Hurrah!

Been saying along, the academy players can't do any worse than some of the players that have been consistently used in the squad. Nothing to lose by giving them a chance.

Well played Joe, nothing spectacular but played tidily and smartly.

We used the academy again at last! Hurrah!

Been saying along, the academy players can't do any worse than some of the players that have been consistently used in the squad. Nothing to lose by giving them a chance.

Well played Joe, nothing spectacular but played tidily and smartly.

I'd rather play an Academy lad than that numpty Kilkenny. Honestly, what exactly is Kilkenny supposed to bring to the team?

Had the pace when needed (like getting that player booked early on), was composed, and to make him stand apart from the likes of other wingers (Bolasie and C/R) he has an end product. Some great vision and then decent balls over the top.

He seemed very capable, though to be honest didn't seem too good defensively. Cant have it all though!

Great debut, lets see what else the youth side have to offer...

Thought he did great and had pace to burn but was very cautious with his attacking.

Good for him. We we are a side fighting relegation that played 2 strikers and a very narrow back four. If he'd stood on the touchline waiting for the ball we'd have been wide open. He clearly has a good football brain. I was very impressed by his positioning both in attack and defence and he looks to have a calmness about him. It was good to see the other players clap him off when he was substituted. That said an awful lot.

I'd keep 10 of the 11 who started I'd bring Albert back in if fit thats all,

Robbo Teflon did give bobby ried his debute 15 minutes in a meaning less game,

as for the GJ and Riberio comment to be perfectly fair to Johnson Ribs was injured 90% of the time during Gary's time at the club including 1 18 month spell on the side lines

I'd keep 10 of the 11 who started I'd bring Albert back in if fit thats all,

Robbo Teflon did give bobby ried his debute 15 minutes in a meaning less game,

as for the GJ and Riberio comment to be perfectly fair to Johnson Ribs was injured 90% of the time during Gary's time at the club including 1 18 month spell on the side lines

Last night proved to me that we can't afford Alberts lack of defensive discipline if we're to play two up top.

Last night proved to me that we can't afford Alberts lack of defensive discipline if we're to play two up top.

sorry your wrong Albert is the only midfielder who tracks back all match unlike Kil(Johnson)Kenny or Bal(Headless chicken)sie

He had a solid game apart from being drawn inside on a couple occasions leaving McAlister a bit exposed - but that would bs being over critical to focus on that. As others have said he kept it simple and helped to maintain a proper shape. Other posters have mentioned 'pace to burn' but I can't say I saw evidence of that last night. Perhaps they've seen him in reserve games? Promising debut though and I hope he kicks on from here.

Height...? :whistle:

A whinging Aussie gob on legs from what I have seen.

Bryan to keep his place if he keeps performing, Hope Del sees it that way to, from what he has said (he has been knocking on the door for a while now) he could be a fixture for a few games.

sorry your wrong Albert is the only midfielder who tracks back all match unlike Kil(Johnson)Kenny or Bal(Headless chicken)sie

Disagree, he over commits which is fine when we have one up front... The reason we were successful yesterday was the discipline provided by Bryan and Foster meant we weren't over ran in midfield with two up front. I couldn't see Albert having the discipline to play the role Ricky played yesterday. Albert is our best player, but sometimes you have to sacrifice your best player to find a more solid formation that offers goals. Let's be honest here, Alberts had a shocker for the last couple of months anyway.

You can't change that team for me. It was balanced, made sense and had the whole team working as a unit rather than just playing it wide and hoping Albert would create something.

Disagree, he over commits which is fine when we have one up front... The reason we were successful yesterday was the discipline provided by Bryan and Foster meant we weren't over ran in midfield with two up front. I couldn't see Albert having the discipline to play the role Ricky played yesterday. Albert is our best player, but sometimes you have to sacrifice your best player to find a more solid formation that offers goals. Let's be honest here, Alberts had a shocker for the last couple of months anyway.

You can't change that team for me. It was balanced, made sense and had the whole team working as a unit rather than just playing it wide and hoping Albert would create something.

Agree (!!!!)

Agree with this, even though I wasn't there. Albert leaves acres of pace in behind him, always has done, and is guilty of overplaying near his own area, which he does alot. I still love the bloke as a player, but really needs to work on the defensive side a bit more. granted he chases back and does make some good challenges. Hope the nasty boring side of his game gets a little better to offer our right back a little more protection.

As i have said consistently on this forum, those who have trashed our academy boys have probably not even done them the respect of going to Failand once.

Joe Bryan broke a leg v Westham just over a year ago, i am thrilled for him........ what a change of fortune.

Trust me there are more like him waiting for the end of season clear out, i said as much yesterday Morning

Involve Joe Bryan Aaron Holloway and Bobby Reid, or at least have them in the 15 this season.

Waiting Below them, go and watch Lewis Hall (winger) George Rigg (Defender) and Wes Burns winger and striker, for the U18s ( two of them regularly play in the reserves)

None of these guys will cost a penny and are performing week in week out.

They will put some of the pros to shame and already do on the training ground.

As i have said consistently on this forum, those who have trashed our academy boys have probably not even done them the respect of going to Failand once.

Since you've seen more of him that most please can you tell me if you think Bryan is quick? Didn't think he showed pace as others suggest last night. Not that I'm comaining, thought he did well, just don't think pace was his key asset.

Joe Bryan broke a leg v Westham just over a year ago, i am thrilled for him........ what a change of fortune.

Trust me there are more like him waiting for the end of season clear out, i said as much yesterday Morning

Involve Joe Bryan Aaron Holloway and Bobby Reid, or at least have them in the 15 this season.

Waiting Below them, go and watch Lewis Hall (winger) George Rigg (Defender) and Wes Burns winger and striker, for the U18s ( two of them regularly play in the reserves)

None of these guys will cost a penny and are performing week in week out.

They will put some of the pros to shame and already do on the training ground.

I'm glad we are learning to play without albert - its something that might actually help albert's game. I've been saying for months that we give him the ball and expect him to do ALL our attacking - instead of playing like a team.

I disagree that he's been shocking - maybe he has by his own standards, but he's still been playing better than most.

I'd like us to go with the same 11 and give albert a rest for a short while - use him as a super sub.. and when he gets back he'll be rejuvanted and hopefully have a spring in his step again.... and the team will have learnt not to rely on him

Not wishing to rain on the parade, but I thought that although he did well for his debut in what was a highly charged atmosphere, he was a bit anonymous at times and didn't always get as involved as much as he might have. For a young player it was an impressive start against quality opposition, but assuming Davies is fit, I would leave out Bryan and play Davies, with Pearson on the left against the Welsh.

I thought including Bryan was a masterstroke by DMc. I felt buzzing when i saw the team at 7pm that he was in there. Got me and a few lads in the pub to leave that little bit earlier where usually it may of been the case of leaving it to the last possible moment to leave. I also felt he gave a very solid '7/10' performance. He didn't attack like ive seen him for the reserves but he kept the ball with simple 5/10 yard passes, was solid in his support of McAllister and was very disciplined positioning wise.

Not wishing to rain on the parade, but I thought that although he did well for his debut in what was a highly charged atmosphere, he was a bit anonymous at times and didn't always get as involved as much as he might have. For a young player it was an impressive start against quality opposition, but assuming Davies is fit, I would leave out Bryan and play Davies, with Pearson on the left against the Welsh.

I don't see why anyone would want to change a team that won in that manner. We showed far more passion and fight than we have in recent months and it was easily our best perfomance since the Southampton game. Dropping Bryan would destroy his confidence and playing Pearson left would lose the balance that the team had last night.

Yep your right on two points, i have watched Joe play regularly for some time now and yep right again he is not overly blessed with pace, but he is no slouch either.

technically very sound and two feet, which has already been picked up on.

Joe is a committed and creative midfielder but can play elsewhere, but to me is wasted wide as that will expose his slight weakness'.

He needs pace in front of him and a clever striker who will work the channels and open up even more space for him

Archived