IGNORED

Surfer Flag Design: VOTE NOW! See current position!

thatcham red

OK, let's get this thing started.

Design

• The design for the flag should be agreed ahead of any big push for fundraising
  • The design should be simple, iconic and instantly recognisable as City so that the majority of fans adopt and own it
  • The process is for potential designs to be emailed to info@bristolcityst.org.uk by 5pm on Friday 23 March 2012.
  • Design ideas must either use own images or ask permission of the owner in advance
  • An online vote and possibly a match day vote at the Derby County game will determine the winner
  • The vote will be set up in a way, so that in the event of enough eventually being raised for 2 flags, we have some steer on both designs

Fundraising

• Sufficient funds should be raised before purchasing the flag(s).
  • Having a financial target to aim for before flag production gives us fans an incentive to donate.
  • The Supporters Club & Trust Paypal facility already up and running for when we fundraise
  • Bucket collections around pubs (and the ground hopefully)
  • Any dedicated fundraising events would significantly boost the total.

Cost

To give some idea of cost, the following quotes inclusive of VAT were requested. Two images were used purely for quoting purposes:

12m x 8m £2,127

15m x 10m £3,300

Another firm quoted less for one of the images because it was much simpler and it can be sewn rather than printed.

12m x 8m £1,200

15m x 10m £1,800

The Vote is Now online, you pick your best 3

Email from the link

http://www.bristolci...co.uk/vote.html

Text Vote:

You can also vote for your favourite design(s) by text. Simply send a text message to the usual Man of the Match number, i.e. 60060, with the word CITY followed by the letter D (for design) and the numbers of your three favourite designs. For example, if your favourite design is number 3, your second favourite number 6 and your third favourite number 9, you should text CITYD369. To vote just for one design, simply add that number after CITYD, e.g. for number 5 text CITYD5. Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate. All profits go to John Atyeo Statue Fund.

Paper Vote:

Traditional paper voting forms will also be available in the Dolman Exhibtion Hall and the Supporters Club Bar at the game on Saturday 31st March vs Derby County.

How about the players donate £100 each....? can't force them to, but it would be a nice sign of their appreciation for our support this season.

I actually nearly urinated myself then, that's the funniest thing I've heard in years, imagine those overpaid mugs actually giving a toss, no chance!

(Hoping one of the players reads this and proves me wrong).

Banksy would really make this thing fly, however, we have some really good artists amongst us, undoubtedly inspired by the great anonymous one.

Players donating to a flag fund or maybe for away travel to crucial games, now there's a thought............... :cool:

I would be interested in helping towards cost for the dearer flag.

Or maybe fully funding the cheaper flag.

But i would like my company logo on the flag.

Hope this helps. Northville Access Scaffolds Ltd

Can't PM you, so can you drop me an email at stu@bristolcityst.org.uk as I have some thoughts on how this might work a bit differently.

just got back from Nice and caught a game against Nancy whili i was there. They had 4 surfer flags!! And the crowd was onl;y just over 8,000. Was very impressive when the players came out. I have donated to the fund!

They also had 2 crowd conductors at either end connected to a PA standing in raised bird nest type platform. Would never happen in England but again, very impressive!

I just uploaded this rough drawing for a badge and just wondered what you guys thought of the design? Could go on the flag, or the new city badge. I'd love to see the city players wearing this design.

Not too sure about the BC on the bottom though. Is it possible one of you guys could do it professionally? so I could see what it looked like. If I like the design i might make my own flag.

Please let me know what you think? maybe different colours or without the BC?

Hope the upload works.

post-9138-0-63830300-1331751138_thumb.jp

I just uploaded this rough drawing for a badge and just wondered what you guys thought of the design? Could go on the flag, or the new city badge. I'd love to see the city players wearing this design.

Not too sure about the BC on the bottom though. Is it possible one of you guys could do it professionally? so I could see what it looked like. If I like the design i might make my own flag.

Please let me know what you think? maybe different colours or without the BC?

Hope the upload works.

revamp4.jpg

revamp2.jpg

revamp.jpg

Which, if any, should I include in the final vote please?

I would think that is for Threshing Red to decide as they were re-drawn from his scan design so it's his shout.

Also people don't forget if you wish to design a surfer flag for Bristol city then you have just got till 5pm today (march 23rd) to get your designs submitted. Email to info@bristolcityst.org.uk

http://www.bristolcitysurferflags.co.uk/gallery.html

Archived