IGNORED

Celtic Joining The English League?

Super

I can also see these teams breaking away from fifa one day and starting there own big money league running out side of what we know at present. A multi europe type league for the big 20 clubs

No matter how great the teams in such a League would be, someone's got to finish bottom.

Would the same 20 continue playing each other in perpetuity or would the bottom team have to revert to their national league?

If 120 years ago the origiinal 12 league teams decided no expansion, PNE v Accrington might still be the top game on Sky!

It won't happen any time soon. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but you have to give 3 years notice to leave a league

To start the English Prem, the clubs in the then Football League Div 1 only gave 12 months notice as that was the requirement then. Has it increased?

"The day before the 1991/92 season kicked off, all 22 clubs in the first division registered their resignations with the Football League so as to form a F.A. controlled Premier League the following season".

I can't see how the English FA would even consider it...

A team whose supporters wave a "Foreign" flag to that of their own?

A team whose supporters allegedly sing pro "IRA" songs.

A team whose supporters refuse to stand silent for rememberance day.

For a team, whose support appears to be so anti UK, why would the English heirachy even think about considering to think about it?

But an independant Scotland can do so much better on its own, apparently? If Celtic do join our league at least it should wipe the smile off that smug chubby face of Alex Salmond. On second thoughts no thanks, you can keep Celtic, 10% of the north seas resources and about 10% of the national debt. Mind how you go.

Archived