IGNORED

A Season Off

Betelgeuse

Me and my missus have been teetering on the edge of not renewing for a couple of seasons. As already mentioned, we both get up and do a full days work, rush around like mad to get changed in toilets at work and then I pick the missus up who then needs to get changed, before rushing down to the ground in time enough to get a parking spot and quickly grab something to eat, all in all, not getting home until 11pm feeling on edge.

Nothing is enjoyable about the day any more, you get grief at work and the football is meant to allow us to chill out from the stresses and enjoy it as entertainment, but it just winds us up even further, especially when clowns like David James gifts the opposition goals - where's the repercussions for his actions? We've got McInnes telling us it's a team game and we should all stick together, but in this instance James cost us a point and isn't the first time and I think he should be made to pay by losing his place in the team. I don't give a monkey's if Gerkin isn't classed better, if he isn't, then get someone on loan.

Grrr!

Oh and one final thing, this really winds me up, there is totally no need for all those double yellow lines on the dual carriageway! They could easily allow cars to park along there and still gets cars through. FFS, if you look at some of the side roads next to the Coopers etc.., there's no way an emergency vehicle would get down there is case of a fire, and yet those roads are deemed wide enough for two sides of parking !!!

Any season ticket holder who hasn't renewed by a certain date will receive a phone call from the club asking why not and prompting them to renew.

By the sounds of this thread the board will be in no doubt of people's feelings when the telesales team report back to them.

WHY NOT ???? BECAUSE a constant flow of crap football,effing useless loan and signed players eg Hunt,Campbell-Ryce,Gerkin,Foster,McGivern,WOOLSHITFORD,Davis,Nyatanga,McAllister,Spence,Bolasie,Clarkson the list goe's on over several seasons all taken on with the vast majority taking the wages and providing nothing we replace like with like ... Looking at the bench even accepting injuries who can say yes he's going to turn the match around we can't even put out a Captain without Carey i don't blame anyone for saying i've had enough not just of City but football in general ,it is corrupt and greedy from FIFA down to the leagues watching the Q.P.R 4 year plan programme showing the utter contempt for the fans by the then board summed up modern football..Seeing Tevez coming on as though nothing had happened at Manchester City and getting clapped on i wouldn't give one penny towards the club while he was there,,,,Get a result at Boro prove people wrong win the game get a dirty ugly 1-0 for heavens sake show some pride in your own performance even if you don't give a toss about the club or its fans.

My decision is already made not to renew and already spent season ticket money on an extra holiday for me and the wife at one of those country lodges.....i just dont enjoy the whole experience anymore and havent used my season ticket since Forest at home December 17th, live in emersons green and even though i wake up most saturdays saying to myself i am going, i have ended up talking myself out of it every time since.

I used to enjoy watching city under johnson, the siege mentality "Always believe" punching above our weight motivated players, it used to be a good day out, meeting the lads up the tasty stop for brekkie at 12, put some bets on, then off to bs3 for a few pints, then watching the team give their all, get results against all expectations and nearly get to the Prem. It was sad to see Johnson's demise and this club and its closeness with the fans has never been the same since, and every time i have gone down this season me and my mates just dont believe we will score let alone entertain.....its become an expensive chore

I am going to pick and choose the games i will go to next season, i really do hope that will be in the championship but i cant see us staying up....

Its funny how a few posters on here have mentioned how you would prefer to be following a team at the bottom of div 2 than our players at the moment, as i had a similar debate with another of the clueless Mcinnes mini mafia Lew-T the other week, during his "I just cant believe you lot" post, where he said if you think were bad try being a plymouth fan.......i replied and still stand by my comment that given everything their fans and players have had to put up with at least they are putting up one hell of a fight to stay up....the players were not getting paid, they had points deducted, but they have the spirit and motivation to get themselves out of the position they were in.

I would like to congratulate those who are trying to improve the atmosphere at ashton gate via forza eastend, i havent seen how this as been myself, but it sounds as though the players really are not deserving of the efforts you have shown as supporters and are certainly not replicating it on the pitch....

I was enthused by the appointment of Mcinnes at the start as thought he was just what we needed, young and hungry to succeed, but at the moment he couldnt deliver a plate of buns, and certainly has not put any fire in their bellies. Despite what the Mcinnes mafia may say they are clearly not motivated and i refute that this is totally the players fault. It is the manager who sets the team out and provides the pre match talk, and from what i hear they are just going through the motions.

I hope we can stay up but much like op i think a season off to get some love back for it is needed.

I've been watching City for 39 years, my dad is 78 and watching City for 70 years. On Tuesday he walked out early for the FIRST TIME EVER.

I did the same. I used to drum it into my kids that you stay until the end no matter what but I really don't care anymore. I could have left at half time, actually if I am honest I could have stayed at home and it would not have bothered me.

I could never afford a season ticket and always POTD. Also for many years took my old man down and he always helped towards the cost of getting in. We finally had enough under Osman and called it a day. To be honest can't say that back then we missed it very much and you soon find other things to do.

Dad's no longer around, and it took me about 10 years to get the bug again during the Wilson era and I was able to afford a ST.

Another eight or so years on and I'm getting the "Osman" feeling again!!

I can afford a SC now, but whether I really can be arsed any more is another matter. Important end of season run-in ahead. Not only in whether we stay up but in my view how the team applies itself in fighting to avoid the drop. Much more of the type of performance at Pompey( didn't go but read what those who did wrote) and Tuesday will make it an easier decision for me.

I know a lot of people who have turned to watching Western League football recently after becoming so disillusioned with watching City. I sometimes wander down if City are away and I can see the attraction, the players want to play (and quite often go home in a transit not a Bentley), you can have a beer whilst watching and you still have change in your pocket.

I stopped my season ticket last season and i dont regret it one bit. It all comes down to value for money its as simple as that.

I have a Season Ticket at Cheltenham Races which costs me £150, where i get 4 hours of entertainment and i can have a drink while enjoying the racing.

I also have membership at Somerset c.c that costs £200. I get to watch 6 hours of cricket a day rain permited and enjoy a pint in the sun. Value for money at somerset is top notch i get to watch 3 or 4 England players and 2 top class overseas players. At Cheltenham im watching grade 1 and 2 racing.

£400 at Ashton Gate doesnt represent value for money. 90 minutes of poor footaball with players not giving 100% isnt going to draw me back at all.

In the current economic climate I have better and more important places to spend my cash.

Sorry all!

This was a post so long overdue. Season ticket lapsed 2 years ago as we headed downhill. Travelling from home in Berkshire (most of the neighbours, work colleagues, and relatives support Reading, so that DOES NOT help) for home matches has become increasingly expensive, that my attendance at Ashton Gate has had to be selective, though I do try to make a few away games also.

The job, money, bills, family demands etc mean constant hard work to juggle things, and Ashton Gate was a great outlet for my sanity. However, time and time again in the last few years, I make that M4 journey home feeling really low, out of pocket, feeling cheated, turning my thoughts to Monday morning again, and comments from my friends and colleagues - it gets very wearing.

Given how much hard earned cash individuals, mums and dads pay out for matches, it is almost cringing to see the range of over the top motor cars in the players car park. It is quite obscene, especially in the light of performances. I, if a player, would be ashamed, and try to turn up in a normal family-type car, and not rub peoples noses in it.

We do need to get our wage bill down, and contracts expiring in the summer should help financially and present an opportunity for new blood. We do have some good youngsters to bring in, so we must speed up their introduction to the first team. They will be so self-motivated.

I do fear for the club. I thought it was a bit rich last week at Fratton Park our fans singing "We've got lots of money...!" - with BCFC club losses at £30M plus over the last 3 years, we really have nothing to sing about. (A BIG BIG thank you Steve...without you, I shudder to think what might befall us.)

One last gripe. Why do so many stewards at AG look so sternly at you when you move around - going in/out, going to the loo, or queueing past them. It's my club - for the past 53 years - not theirs. Troublemakers are so very few and far between, but we all get the poor body language, and look, off many of the stewards - as if we are being allowed only to move around the exercise yard before we are told to go back to our cells.

I didn't renew this season, the first season since I moved back from Spain in 2006. I am so glad I didn't as well. The last game I went to was Southampton at The Gate. Have I missed it? Not at all.

Does this make me a fair weather fan? Nope. Just want to watch players play for the club and the shirt.

However, I will be getting a season ticket for next season, regardless of whether we stay up or go down. ( I think we will go down. )

I cant really make my mind up at the moment the last two games were terrible, been following city for 40 years and this is probably the worst team i have ever seen. I dont blame the manager, the club is to blame for buying too many lower league players so we will end up in the lower league. Why cant the club spend the money on championship players? All this bad luck started when they announced the new stadium. I think we upset too many ghosts at ashton gate.

I know a lot of people who have turned to watching Western League football recently after becoming so disillusioned with watching City. I sometimes wander down if City are away and I can see the attraction, the players want to play (and quite often go home in a transit not a Bentley), you can have a beer whilst watching and you still have change in your pocket.

You know what, this is the first year in many many years that i have not had a season ticket, and i for one have immensely enjoyed wandering down to my local western league side, paying £2.00 a pint, and paying £4.00 to get in to watch 22 blokes fight for their cause. (plus i can stand there having a fag!)

I thought i would miss my weekly fix of the eastend and the whole matchday experience, but it saddens me that i dont. I will be back, but not until im ready.

I started like that, then the number of ad hoc games dwindled. Then the odd non league game (real footy, you get to stand up and it's cheap), family stuff on Saturdays. Then you only really see the Reds on the idiot box.

That's how 22 to 25k in Div 1 becomes 12 to 14k in Div 2 in a generation.

I'm not sure what I'll do yet, I'm waiting to see how the club can tempt me. And it has to be a really good deal.

I've read loads of threads on here in the past with people saying how they are going to renew whatever, as somehow it makes you 'not a proper fan' if you don't. Obviously I don't want my club to lose support, but I don't what them to think we will just renew like sheep.

Money is tight and spending hundreds on a hobby has to be justified and considered.

Personally i'd rather the club sell St's dirt cheap and sell out every game.

It's interesting to see that the whole season ticket marketing machine is being held off. By now we'd normally have had the early birds out and the deluge of emails and mailshots. Shows the club are aware that asking fans to stump up now would be a farking disaster.

If we can get through to the end of the season in this division even if it's more through the ineptitude of other clubs than our own merit then I'll be giving Derek McInnes a clean slate in the summer to rebuild on his terms with his players.

I'll buy another season ticket in the summer when the club has shown the wasters the door more because of the group of people I go with than any real expectation of enjoying 90 minutes. Maybe if the manager gets the chance to do it his way I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'll be interested to see what the POTD prices come out at for next season. I don't get why the ST prices are so far apart from the POTD prices, they never used to be. The POTD prices should be sat around the £20 mark for the better seats in the Dolman, other parts of the ground should be nearer £15 -£18. In the past buying a season ticket was the way you guaranteed your seat, with so many empty spaces around the ground the demand for your seat isn't so great so why price it so high.

The pricing structure needs to be right before we get the new stadium because at these current prices being in a half full stadium would be a bonus at AV.

The ironic thing is, if we get relegated, the fans that are at AG will be happier than this year. I know....it took nine years to get out & all that. But top 8 finishes, play offs, LDV finals. Not so bad is it?

I want to leave the Gate happy, I'm starting to get less concerned about which division we are going to be in next season.

The ironic thing is, if we get relegated, the fans that are at AG will be happier than this year. Not if they are being served up the same old dross, they won't.

I know....it took nine years to get out & all that. But top 8 finishes, play offs, LDV finals. Not so bad is it? What makes you think that the club will be a force to be reckoned with in L1?

I want to leave the Gate happy, I'm starting to get less concerned about which division we are going to be in next season. You will not be leaving happy if we are still struggling at the next level down.

Just making the point that if we go down it doesn't mean that we will suddenly become a good team. There are some strong sides in L1 and I see no evidence to suggest that if we go down we will be one of them.

First off I don't want to make this sound like a whiney "I'm not playing anymore, I'm taking my ball home" type thread.

Next season, me and 2 others have decided not to renew our season tickets

can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread

but don't come crying on here when you can't get jpt final tickets or tickets to brentford awayon the last day of next season when we will league 1

Just making the point that if we go down it doesn't mean that we will suddenly become a good team. There are some strong sides in L1 and I see no evidence to suggest that if we go down we will be one of them.

Half the first team would be gone & DMc will rebuild. I'm an optimist :winner_third_h4h:

but don't come crying on here when you can't get jpt final tickets or tickets to brentford awayon the last day of next season when we will league 1

Wow! The JPT! 100% getting my ST now.

Can't miss a JPT final!!

Yes brentford away tickets for £450! what a deal. If you can't be bothered to read the whole thread then why bother to make stupid comments?

First off I don't want to make this sound like a whiney "I'm not playing anymore, I'm taking my ball home" type thread.

Next season, me and 2 others have decided not to renew our season tickets. We've had them since 1997. There are many reasons, including cost, entertainment, match day staff, parking etc but the main factor is the players. We agreed that every City team we've watched over the years, however poor, always had some fight and passion in them. Yes we've seen bad games during seasons but the players always seemed to respond to a bad game. This season they just haven't shown any interest or passion. Tuesday night will go down as the game that made our decision. I remember a simliar scenario when GJ took over. We were tumbling to the foot of league 1 and we had Bradford at home. We lost 1-0 but every single player that night gave their all and looked totally devistated after that defeat. Tuesday had a similar feeling about it before the game but quite the opposite after. Maybe 3 players came out with any credit and none of them have a contract past this summer!

We are Bristol City fans and we will come back. We just need a break from it before we start hating the team and the club! Next season we will be visiting other grounds and other countries to watch football, just to get the love for the game back! People will say "you have to get behind your team, especially during the bad times" which is true but this season has been so hard to watch, almost a chore.

I'm backing Del to rebuild over the summer, what ever league we're in and obviously I'll still follow the results and come to some games. I wonder how many other fans will be put off after this season?

I'm really hoping I regret my decision and start missing it badly when the season starts, I really do, but at this moment in time, I feel I can't put myself through this again next year.

I can execpt bad players, bad games and crazy tactics. I can't execpt gutless over payed players with no heart or fight for our club. I just need a break from it.

I found last season hard, but like a fool i had to renew my season ticket.

This season i have missed the last 6 home games, and fully expect to not renew my season ticket.

I have followed this team for 60 years, and each season is becomming harder.

Having to leave my home in Thornbury early to get a reasonable parking space, then sitting around

for the game to start.

I will also cancell my City Foundation Membership.

Archived