IGNORED

A Season Off

Betelgeuse

I’m going to renew – but I haven’t a clue why. Everything is poor and football is supposed to be about entertainment. How often have we been entertained by players giving 100% this year? Even the half-time entertainment at Ashton Gate is conference standard.

A better bet is going to Forest Green Rovers – cheaper and they occasionally score some goals.

I totally understand everything that's being said in this thread. I would not blame anybody if they chose not to renew, I certainly wouldn't say they weren't being 'proper' fans.

I will be renewing but only because I stand in the East End, and at £260 that I paid this season (they can't increase surely?) I would still get my value for money (ok, so maybe not in the entertainment stakes) even if I pick and choose my games rather than POTD. Certainly wouldn't look to pay £400 for a season ticket in another stand, so for me it's not that I wouldn't find other things to do its just cheaper to have one if I fancy going than not have one and be put off by the POTD price

than not have one and be put off by the POTD price

Why is it that POTD is so expensive, I could understand if we had full houses and tickets were sparse but they aren't. An extra £4 per ticket against ST prices may actually increase the walk up on match day, and hopefully they wont try and screw an Admin charge on top just to piss even more fans off.

The Club has been taking supporters forgranted for many years now!

The tide is turning, time to wake up and smell the coffee Mr. Lansdowne/Sexton.

You now need to be paying a bit more attention to us long suffering fans.....and a bit less to the pampered, overpaid 'footballers'. And not just...."Come down and buy our overpriced rubbish food, then shout yourselves horse or the players won't try very hard" sort of stuff.

We may still be here long after they have disappeared over the horizon in their flashy new cars!!

Time to get a grip!!!

We know bcfc monitor the forum and I hope they begin to realise the depth of feeling as regards season ticket renewalsare, the days of high ticket prices are over and the sooner the senior board members realise this and try to reconnect with the fans the better it will be for all. At the moment the silence is deafening from our board and owner.

Key word highlighted there.

Start from the top.

We have a board comprised of just one life long City fan and thats a lad, albeit I hasten to add, a good lad, of 27 years with little experience of anything and qualified primarily by family association.

A manager plucked from the obscurity of a football outback whose qualifications appear to be his nationality and the fact he managed a team inherited from a now Premier manager from the equivalent of the conference to the equivalent of league one.

A car park rammed with expensive vehicles driven by kids who are likely to be sending us to relegation.

Lack of passion and commitment from I would say around half the players - which is hardly surprising given most of them are here on loan. Today we have signed 3 more nothing players with exotic sounding names from 3rd rate countries who are unable to get into their teams and who will in all probability add sweet fa to ours.

The young local lads in the academy system might as well give up for all the encouragement they are given and interest shown by the first team set up.

The stewards are jobsworths trained by jobsworths and the match day announcer appeared from nowhere with an apparent remit through a blog to instruct life long fans how to behave.

Compare with the days of Des Williams or Scott Davidson with red City blood in their veins.

Terry Cooper who was an outsider but became so emotionally attached I sometimes thought he was heading for a nervous breakdown.

City teams of the 70's and the 80's and the 90's, all with a core of Bristol born lads who lived Bristol City and arrived for work in Ford Cortinas.

A time when injuries to first team players meant an opportunity for young reserves to be thrown in and given their chance.

Stewarding was a bloke in a blazer outside the Supporters Club.

The supporters club was above the changing rooms and all the players would come in to mingle with the fans.

Beryl Fudge in the programme shop and John Cox the farmer on the mic at half time roaring away in Brizzle.

Then you have the factors outside of our control but oh so wrong with football in general.

As someone has said, players like Tevez taking the piss and then being welcomed back with open arms.

Legions of foreign nobodies stifling the progress of young lads.

Owners and chairmen in it for their egos.

Genuine tackles outlawed and punished with straight reds.

Players booked and sent off for taking a shirt off.

All seat stadiums and most games ticket only for away fans; restrictions on numbers of away fans with stadiums half filled by home fans.

Dictatorial policing and acquiescence by the clubs and other authorities.

I read that lot back and wonder why I still go. I always will and I will renew my ST and for my family, especially my youngest because unlike other posters he hasn't yet been tarnished by the negatives and is still keen as mustard, but I can fully understand why others wouldn't. City and football in general has a real job on its hands retaining the numbers required for the new shiny stadiums to break even.

I know a lot of people who have turned to watching Western League football recently after becoming so disillusioned with watching City. I sometimes wander down if City are away and I can see the attraction, the players want to play (and quite often go home in a transit not a Bentley), you can have a beer whilst watching and you still have change in your pocket.

Years back due to work commitments, finances etc, I used to regularly watch Wellington in the Western League and loved the experience and passion at that level. I incidentally saw the best goal I have ever seen, at a 'live' match, a volley from the touchline, on the half-way line dip over an opposition keeper's head, at a Western League game, and it was intended!! A pint at halftime in a proper glass, a raffle ticket etc and a great atmosphere, I miss those days and am seriously thinking about buying a s/t to watch Taunton Town next season, I will not be renewing at AG. Other posters have already given their views which eloquently cover the reasons why I am disillusioned. I want to fall in love with football again if possible, after the last 3 years at City and England's disgraceful showing in South Africa in 2010 almost destroyed my lifelong love of the game. Will I be back? Time will tell. At least 6 of us in the EE feel the same and between us we have supported City for an average of 35+ years!!!

the new guy in charge of season tickets is Kev Smith and is on twitter as @Kev_a_Smith

I am sure him and David Lloyd (@dave_blackwell) would be very interested in this thread as it sums up the general feeling around the club at the moment and it isnt good reading...

He has been very good at answering fans questions on there and already stated in an interview that the club wont be doing the early bird deals and stated reasons why

I really wish I could reply to the emails the club sends me, "Todays game is a massive game and the club needs your support".... Really?! How many fans go to every match, sing their hearts out and what are they treated to.... a bunch of guys who don't want to wear a shirt half of the fans would cut off their own arm to wear!

I honestly would love to send an email back saying "you'll get support when you can give us a single reason other than blind loyalty to be there!!"

I'm fed up of the "let's pull together" crap, it's starting to remind me of the band on the titanic who played until they sunk with the ship instead of saying "screw the music, it's time to get off this boat and live for another day". I think the fans are better off expressing how they feel by not turning up!! Ok this doesn't help financially but why should the fans put their money into a failing venture? Because they like the venture itself? At what point are the fans allowed to say "enough is enough and until you sort yourselves out I'll enjoy my weekend instead!"

Slightly different for me travelling around 170 miles for a home game, Of 23 home games only 13 will have been a Sat 3pm kick off this season, ..... And much as I like the amosphere at evening games, working all day then driving that distance on an evening, is proving to be to much as you get older.

At present I will probably get a Members card and buy tickets for just the Sat normal kickoff games ...... but it will seem strange not having a ST after all these years

This will happen regardless of which league we are in next season

Key word highlighted there.

Start from the top.

We have a board comprised of just one life long City fan and thats a lad, albeit I hasten to add, a good lad, of 27 years with little experience of anything and qualified primarily by family association.

A manager plucked from the obscurity of a football outback whose qualifications appear to be his nationality and the fact he managed a team inherited from a now Premier manager from the equivalent of the conference to the equivalent of league one.

A car park rammed with expensive vehicles driven by kids who are likely to be sending us to relegation.

Lack of passion and commitment from I would say around half the players - which is hardly surprising given most of them are here on loan. Today we have signed 3 more nothing players with exotic sounding names from 3rd rate countries who are unable to get into their teams and who will in all probability add sweet fa to ours.

The young local lads in the academy system might as well give up for all the encouragement they are given and interest shown by the first team set up.

The stewards are jobsworths trained by jobsworths and the match day announcer appeared from nowhere with an apparent remit through a blog to instruct life long fans how to behave.

Compare with the days of Des Williams or Scott Davidson with red City blood in their veins.

Terry Cooper who was an outsider but became so emotionally attached I sometimes thought he was heading for a nervous breakdown.

City teams of the 70's and the 80's and the 90's, all with a core of Bristol born lads who lived Bristol City and arrived for work in Ford Cortinas.

A time when injuries to first team players meant an opportunity for young reserves to be thrown in and given their chance.

Stewarding was a bloke in a blazer outside the Supporters Club.

The supporters club was above the changing rooms and all the players would come in to mingle with the fans.

Beryl Fudge in the programme shop and John Cox the farmer on the mic at half time roaring away in Brizzle.

Then you have the factors outside of our control but oh so wrong with football in general.

As someone has said, players like Tevez taking the piss and then being welcomed back with open arms.

Legions of foreign nobodies stifling the progress of young lads.

Owners and chairmen in it for their egos.

Genuine tackles outlawed and punished with straight reds.

Players booked and sent off for taking a shirt off.

All seat stadiums and most games ticket only for away fans; restrictions on numbers of away fans with stadiums half filled by home fans.

Dictatorial policing and acquiescence by the clubs and other authorities.

I read that lot back and wonder why I still go. I always will and I will renew my ST and for my family, especially my youngest because unlike other posters he hasn't yet been tarnished by the negatives and is still keen as mustard, but I can fully understand why others wouldn't. City and football in general has a real job on its hands retaining the numbers required for the new shiny stadiums to break even.

+1 :clapping:

Just making the point that if we go down it doesn't mean that we will suddenly become a good team. There are some strong sides in L1 and I see no evidence to suggest that if we go down we will be one of them.

A good example being the sags. Barcelona of L2, yeah right.

Had a season ticket 9 years running myself including this season. Sadly though I've only been to 5 games this season and not seen us win a single game, and one of those was away. I'll probably renew, but I doubt I'll attend much.

What do you do with your ticket when you dont go?

Whilst I'm here someone mentioned a POTD price of £15-18 and £20 for the Dolman. I think that is spot on, I don't see why the club don't see the value of packing the ground especially if we can lift the players, and get 3 points, especially at this stage of the season.

That said I have noticed in the past that when the attendences are higher the crowd is full of journeymen who go down for a good old bitch.

FFS stay at home alone or in your car where no one has to deal with you - maybe the club fear packing the gate full of negativity so keep the prices high, I guess what they don't realise is that some poeple will pay the £30 just to go in and moan about it!

For you die hards on here contemplating giving up your STs for next season I have nothing but respect for your endurance and wouldn't blame you for keeping money in yer pocket, but for these last few games please give it your all, we and the players need you :worship2:

COYR!

It might be best for all parties (the supports and the team) if those who no longer want to go or feel they are not getting value for money etc have a break. At times like this the players need people who are going to get behind them and support them however bad things are, the majority of teams in the league will have bad/awful seasons, bigger clubs than us have been through it and will go through it in the future. If people decide they want to be entertained then there is always Manyoo/Barecelona/Real Madrid on Sky Sports, that is not a criticism of anyone just an alternative.

Personally I will watch City and renew my Season Ticket if we stay up or go down, but that is personal choice. I have seen a lot worse City teams including the 80's, to be honest I think things a pretty good compared to then.

It might be best for all parties (the supports and the team) if those who no longer want to go or feel they are not getting value for money etc have a break. At times like this the players need people who are going to get behind them and support them however bad things are, the majority of teams in the league will have bad/awful seasons, bigger clubs than us have been through it and will go through it in the future. If people decide they want to be entertained then there is always Manyoo/Barecelona/Real Madrid on Sky Sports, that is not a criticism of anyone just an alternative.

Personally I will watch City and renew my Season Ticket if we stay up or go down, but that is personal choice. I have seen a lot worse City teams including the 80's, to be honest I think things a pretty good compared to then.

I think you're missing the point slightly. It's not because we're crap, it's because of the total lack of effort and desire shown by the team and the way they roll over. If we were showing some fight I think a lot of us wouldn't be saying these things.

It's City or no-one for me, I couldnt give a flying whatsit about ManYoo or any other plastic team.

I think you're missing the point slightly. It's not because we're crap, it's because of the total lack of effort and desire shown by the team and the way they roll over. If we were showing some fight I think a lot of us wouldn't be saying these things.

It's City or no-one for me, I couldnt give a flying whatsit about ManYoo or any other plastic team.

I think you are right. I have seen a lot worse football on offer in the last 30 or so years. You can put up with bad football if you know the players are poor. But what you cannot put up with is a complete lack of effort and belief.

Anything that goes against these bunch of mugs and the heads are down, the effort drops off and the whole team visably drop back 5 or 6 yards. the whole attitude stinks. Not good enough.

Ayway I hope my enforced absence for 1 or 2 years invigorates my love for city again. I wonder though if I find something else to do if I will ever come back. Now that is worrying!

I'll probably get hammered for saying this but...I've always thought Bristol City was a good barometer for the game. When we were decent (80's / 90's) so was England, then over the past few years we've lost our way. I have a lot of respect for those considering renewing, and I'm sure you won't be alone as other loyal fans at other clubs (some in better league situations than us right now) will still be considering the same things. For me the game has less passion now and yes is more 'plastic' and both for England and Bristol City it's tricky to see any real direction being followed or progress being made, and without either, fans will become nervous and anxious.

If you look at the England team we lack depth (like City), the necessary quality to compete (like City), have had to deal with unstable management over the past decade (like City), and I can't see them challenging for a title for the next 4/5 years (like City). England will struggle this Summer because we have too many foreigners playing in the top flight for the top teams and it stifles growth of home grown talent. I think this has slowly trickled down the leagues over the past 10 years and now the lack of talent at clubs like ours is really beginning to bite into our passion, our finances and our future potential.

Yes, I expected more from McInnes, but I didn't expect us to charge up the league. I was looking for him to exert influence, control, and to inject passion into his players and I haven't seen it yet.

I'll now run for cover...

I'll probably get hammered for saying this but...I've always thought Bristol City was a good barometer for the game. When we were decent (80's / 90's) so was England, then over the past few years we've lost our way. I have a lot of respect for those considering renewing, and I'm sure you won't be alone as other loyal fans at other clubs (some in better league situations than us right now) will still be considering the same things. For me the game has less passion now and yes is more 'plastic' and both for England and Bristol City it's tricky to see any real direction being followed or progress being made, and without either, fans will become nervous and anxious.

If you look at the England team we lack depth (like City), the necessary quality to compete (like City), have had to deal with unstable management over the past decade (like City), and I can't see them challenging for a title for the next 4/5 years (like City). England will struggle this Summer because we have too many foreigners playing in the top flight for the top teams and it stifles growth of home grown talent. I think this has slowly trickled down the leagues over the past 10 years and now the lack of talent at clubs like ours is really beginning to bite into our passion, our finances and our future potential.

Yes, I expected more from McInnes, but I didn't expect us to charge up the league. I was looking for him to exert influence, control, and to inject passion into his players and I haven't seen it yet.

I'll now run for cover...

The only thing I disagree with here is seeing England challenge over the next 4/5 years. I think nearer 25/30 years if truth be told at international level. or longer depending how training methods and bringing through English players at the highest level is concerned

I think you are right. I have seen a lot worse football on offer in the last 30 or so years. You can put up with bad football if you know the players are poor. But what you cannot put up with is a complete lack of effort and belief.

Anything that goes against these bunch of mugs and the heads are down, the effort drops off and the whole team visably drop back 5 or 6 yards. the whole attitude stinks. Not good enough.

Ayway I hope my enforced absence for 1 or 2 years invigorates my love for city again. I wonder though if I find something else to do if I will ever come back. Now that is worrying!

I was young back then and obviously cannot remember everything but I would imagine the supporters were saying very similar things only the internet was not around to voice their opinions? It is natural that players and supports will come and go and at times like this that is obviously a good thing. I guess if we go down and then had a good season next season (no guarantee of either though) then many of the same people on here, not all but many will be back on here singing the praises of the team. Very few clubs have it good all the time and as annoying as the performances have been I think you have to take the rough with the smooth.

I was young back then and obviously cannot remember everything but I would imagine the supporters were saying very similar things only the internet was not around to voice their opinions? It is natural that players and supports will come and go and at times like this that is obviously a good thing. I guess if we go down and then had a good season next season (no guarantee of either though) then many of the same people on here, not all but many will be back on here singing the praises of the team. Very few clubs have it good all the time and as annoying as the performances have been I think you have to take the rough with the smooth.

IWe have taken plenty rough with smooth, the irratating thing now is effort. this should be the most basic element of any team.

Osman's teams waspoor, but everyone knew that, half of them we bought in from non league!, but htey put effort in.

Pulis team was on paper okay, but they had determination and were hard to beat, even if unappealing on the eye.

Ward/Bennys team had skill but the organisation was lacking which Benny was turning and the grass roots were showing.

In the 80's we had some crap and some young kids but the application was there, you could see the effort.

At the moment we have no application, no organisation, very little skill, nothing pretty to watch and a total lack of guts and lots of apathy when the slightest set back happens.

There, as far as I can see no redeaming feature to our team at the moment. You have about 4 triers in the whole squad, and that is not a team.

I’m going to renew – but I haven’t a clue why. Everything is poor and football is supposed to be about entertainment. How often have we been entertained by players giving 100% this year? Even the half-time entertainment at Ashton Gate is conference standard.

A better bet is going to Forest Green Rovers – cheaper and they occasionally score some goals.

Pretty much sums me up. You renew because it's your Club and you love it dearly, but it's hardly enjoyable! I've not been to as many games as usual this season due to being at Uni in Birmingham now and the prices of trains and time of travel makes the matchday experience that much more painful. Still, I'll be renewing again and come August will no doubt be buzzing for the new season after England have inevitably let us down in the Euro's.

I was born in Bristol and brought up in Leicestershire. I moved back to the south west 8 years ago. Since the age of 10 I have been to as many City matches as possible, travelling huge distances and even flying 4500 miles each way for the Freight Rover final once. I used to go with family, but for various reasons most can't make it now. I have been waiting until my son is old enough to come with me, but have a few years left as he's just turned 4. I am not sure I can hang on...........

I remember saving all my pocket money to come down on the train to see City attempt (and manage) to overturn a 0-2 deficit in the Freight Rover v Hereford decades ago. We were a league down from now, but I loved it and loved the passion of the players.

After working hard all week I am missing out on time with my son on Saturdays and there's so little to compensate me for this apart from years of investment and a fear that I might miss out on the odd good game. I must mention that coming from Leics I have had two great nights seeing us take 6 points from them; but there have been hardly any other highlights this season.

I can only go to home games for the rest of this season and if we go out with a whimper, not fighting and not playing some football then I might do the unthinkable and not renew. Like the first poster, this will just be a break. I'd probably pay for my car park just to keep it for when I come back. After the Leics game I had new optimism and thought maybe I'll renew, but after Tuesday I am 60% likely not to renew. I think the remaining games could make a huge difference to the club in many ways and not just in terms of league status...........

A lot of people are on the fence at the moment and the disparity between a footballers privileged lifestyle versus effort, commitment and ability displayed is turning a lot of people off. I am not sure I can face league one again, but it's the commitment, endeavour, fight, spirit and pride that will make me renew. Over to you City.

i've been folowing them long enough when city were 2nd in the old 1st division and i was part of a 1500 crowd against aldershot in the old 4th division you have goo seasons and you have bad seasons just a time of renewal on the the pitch but do wonder how much time and energy the ashton vale episode is taking up

Excellent topic, well done OP for getting this started

For me, it's not just City, it's football in general now. The players are so detatched from real life that I feel there's no connection between 'them' and 'us' anymore. They are idols, who deserve to be worshipped because they have all of our dream jobs and get paid a small fortune for being that fortunate. I think Scott Murray was the last City player I felt a connection to, smile on his face, but a winner, gave a flying **** about OUR shirt. I see this lot now, I'm not so sure, give or take 1 or 2 of them. I go to watch City very rarely now, I'm divorced so only see my daughters every other weekend - you think I'm going to waste my other one paying through the nose to watch these primadonnas? Not a chance. I still love City, always will, but I choose not to spend my money on them anymore. I'm 40 next year, 20 years ago I spent every penny I had following City all around the country, I've done my share. There's been times this season when I'll wake up on a Saturday and have to work out who we are playing, how sad is that? I'd have known the fixture list off by heart not so long back. Maybe it's just me getting older, maybe I realised a long time ago that there is far more to life than football - my Dad dropped dead on 5th Sep 1991 at 51 years old, look up what City were doing the night before.....doesn't seem to matter so much anymore. I'll save my money and spoil my daughters, coincidentally my eldest has gone to school with her City shirt on today for Sport Relief. I've already condemned those two poor little girls to a lifetimes disappoint by making sure they are City fan's, and if they ever come home and tell me they support someone else there will be hell to pay!

Like so many others, I stopped feeling entertained a while back. I have no urge whatsoever to get back down the Gate in a hurry. I can get free tickets for Gloucester Rugby whenever I want, so I'll go there. Free, can drink all through the game and I'm watching world class players - there really is no choice

Come on City, win me back. Win all of us back - God knows that you need us a lot more than we need you right now

The ball is firmly in your court (although will no doubt get hoofed back towards us any second........)

For me, it's not just City, it's football in general now. The players are so detatched from real life that I feel there's no connection between 'them' and 'us' anymore. They are idols, who deserve to be worshipped because they have all of our dream jobs and get paid a small fortune for being that fortunate. I think Scott Murray was the last City player I felt a connection to, smile on his face, but a winner, gave a flying **** about OUR shirt. I see this lot now, I'm not so sure, give or take 1 or 2 of them. I go to watch City very rarely now, I'm divorced so only see my daughters every other weekend - you think I'm going to waste my other one paying through the nose to watch these primadonnas? Not a chance. I still love City, always will, but I choose not to spend my money on them anymore. I'm 40 next year, 20 years ago I spent every penny I had following City all around the country, I've done my share. There's been times this season when I'll wake up on a Saturday and have to work out who we are playing, how sad is that? I'd have known the fixture list off by heart not so long back. Maybe it's just me getting older, maybe I realised a long time ago that there is far more to life than football - my Dad dropped dead on 5th Sep 1991 at 51 years old, look up what City were doing the night before.....doesn't seem to matter so much anymore. I'll save my money and spoil my daughters, coincidentally my eldest has gone to school with her City shirt on today for Sport Relief. I've already condemned those two poor little girls to a lifetimes disappoint by making sure they are City fan's, and if they ever come home and tell me they support someone else there will be hell to pay!

Like so many others, I stopped feeling entertained a while back. I have no urge whatsoever to get back down the Gate in a hurry. I can get free tickets for Gloucester Rugby whenever I want, so I'll go there. Free, can drink all through the game and I'm watching world class players - there really is no choice

Come on City, win me back. Win all of us back - God knows that you need us a lot more than we need you right now

The ball is firmly in your court (although will no doubt get hoofed back towards us any second........)

Cracking post Woodsy, pretty much sums up the way i feel, but better written

Top post.

First off I don't want to make this sound like a whiney "I'm not playing anymore, I'm taking my ball home" type thread.

Next season, me and 2 others have decided not to renew our season tickets. We've had them since 1997. There are many reasons, including cost, entertainment, match day staff, parking etc but the main factor is the players. We agreed that every City team we've watched over the years, however poor, always had some fight and passion in them. Yes we've seen bad games during seasons but the players always seemed to respond to a bad game. This season they just haven't shown any interest or passion. Tuesday night will go down as the game that made our decision. I remember a simliar scenario when GJ took over. We were tumbling to the foot of league 1 and we had Bradford at home. We lost 1-0 but every single player that night gave their all and looked totally devistated after that defeat. Tuesday had a similar feeling about it before the game but quite the opposite after. Maybe 3 players came out with any credit and none of them have a contract past this summer!

We are Bristol City fans and we will come back. We just need a break from it before we start hating the team and the club! Next season we will be visiting other grounds and other countries to watch football, just to get the love for the game back! People will say "you have to get behind your team, especially during the bad times" which is true but this season has been so hard to watch, almost a chore.

I'm backing Del to rebuild over the summer, what ever league we're in and obviously I'll still follow the results and come to some games. I wonder how many other fans will be put off after this season?

I'm really hoping I regret my decision and start missing it badly when the season starts, I really do, but at this moment in time, I feel I can't put myself through this again next year.

I can execpt bad players, bad games and crazy tactics. I can't execpt gutless over payed players with no heart or fight for our club. I just need a break from it.

I hope that those running this football club read your post and take note of it because there are a great many others that share your sentiments. This season has been rubbish and I'm fed up with this club bombarding my e-mail inbox with bullshit about needing my support at home games when they can't manage to assemble a decent side that can compete at Championship level. I, like a great many others, wont be renewing my season card next season as I don't want to be helping to finance the 'can't be arsed players' that currently infest this club. As per usual we've been knocked out of the cups at the earliest levels - so what's the point in having a season card that'll guarantee you a seat at cup matches in the later rounds ????!!!!!

I listened to a Yeovil fan this morning explaining why he no longer went and I have to agree with him that when we were in leagues lower down and one of the bigger fish with winning seasons every year it was more enjoyable and beating Chesterfield was just as good as beating Southampton this year.

We have been spoilt as we have had winning seasons (win more than lose) for a decade until last year !

I listened to a Yeovil fan this morning explaining why he no longer went and I have to agree with him that when we were in leagues lower down and one of the bigger fish with winning seasons every year it was more enjoyable and beating Chesterfield was just as good as beating Southampton this year.

We have been spoilt as we have had winning seasons (win more than lose) for a decade until last year !

What is irritating to me is the fact that this football club is now so badly run. There are well over 30 professional footballers at this club and out of that lot we can't put out a decent side to compete with the likes of Watford. Nothing much has come out of the BCFC academy recently - apart from Joe Bryan and he hasn't had a start since the Leicester game. Next season I'll pick and choose the games depending on how well the first team performs. If the team are up for competing then I'll be up for watching them again.

But they don't need us. The only people who probably need us are the people who work part time stewarding or in the bar in the Dolman or in the ticket office. They have something to lose when we're relegated. Their jobs. The biggest fear I have is of a side with too many players in it who don't have a stake in whether we stay up or not. On Tuesday, only 4 of our starting line up will definitely be with us next year.

Archived