IGNORED

Bristol City Community Trust - Aka Bristol City Rip Off Merchants

redlandrebel

Bloody hell, I've seen some ridiculous criticisms of the club over the years but this takes the biscuit.

A chance for your kids to play on a pitch we've all dreamt of turning out on for less than the cost of a match day ticket in many stands. Absolute bargain and a dream come true for the kids (even if they don't know it yet!!)

Bloody hell, I've seen some ridiculous criticisms of the club over the years but this takes the biscuit.

A chance for your kids to play on a pitch we've all dreamt of turning out on for less than the cost of a match day ticket in many stands. Absolute bargain and a dream come true for the kids (even if they don't know it yet!!)

Too right! Good post

Exactly.

Some people truely want something for nothing. Has anyone ever seen or done Football Aid? your looking at £350 per person for a 90 minute game at somewhere like Derby...whcih I still think is great value.

£200 per team is great value for money....If I had a son who was playing at that level and his manager said £20 each and all the kids play at Ashton Gate"....I'd happily put my hands in my pocket

Sorry to go against the flow here but may be a few too many of the BCFC marketing brigade have had their say. Funny how the 'chance of a lifetime' posts start during office hours!!

I took my son and nephew to the football for fans at the gate last summer and we had a good day. It was a professionally run job and the boys all got a medal and met scotty murray. I didnt mind paying cos it was a professional job the steward and paramedic also helped my mates little boy who got a whack in the face. They do it all over the country.

Having had to sit through so much rubbish this season you would hope the community trust would actually give something back to the kids. come on i forked out for 3 shirts with their logo on and i am now getting nothing back. how can they be a charity when they are making a profit, it doesnt add up.

My boy has seen the email and wants to go again this summer but i strongly feel that this should be free of charge to the people who have put so much in to the club this year. I have spent over£1200.

I paid for Football for fans cos i knew that it was a proper company. why should i pay for something that is just making money to pay peoples wages, it is just taking advantage. In over 20 years i havent felt ripped off by this club but it now feels like i am being screwed all the time.

Just had an e-mail promoting the BCCT junior tournament. Now I've been given the task by my son's coach of entering the side in a load of tournaments this spring / summer so when this popped into my e-mail box I thought, how opportune. The entry fee for all of these tournaments - Bitton, Hanham, Yate etc, is £20 / £25 per team. So how much is the BCCY charging £25? No - they're charging £200 per team! I called them up expecting them to apologise for the mistake but no, apparently it's that much for the priviledge of playing at Ashton Gate.

Bristol City Community Trust - aka you can "trust" that Bristol City will shaft the local community...

... my faith in this club is ebbing away faster than the severn tide!

I've now got the e-mail as well. To me it's a bit of a mystery as to what the 'Community Trust' is all about. I would have thought that any money so far raised by this 'Community Trust' would be enough to pay for local children to play for free in any youth tournament at Ashton Gate. That written, it's my belief that this football club should concentrate all efforts on putting out a decent football team at Championship level and forget all peripheral projects.

This isnt the commuinity trust, but for the last 2 years I have rented the pitch out at ashton gate for the football team I play for - so we can have a match.

First year we all paid about £38 each and last year we all paid £44 each. (22 players)

This year they rang me and said they will be sending me "a flyer" by email - in previous years they just put it on the website - had a feeling they might be increasing how much we pay.

I get the flyer and its..... £120 each!

Now for that £120 each you get a ref, kit supplied, posh food, a presentation etc - but we dont want any of that.

And you can only enter 1 squad of 16 players - Which in total costs £1920 btw - and the club decide who you will play. But the football club I play for has 2 teams and we want to play eachother.

In total its gone from about £800 to rent the whole pitch out, to nearly £2000 and you dont rent the pitch anymore, just get to field a side. So, whereas before, I paid my £44 and got 90 minutes on the ashton gate pitch - your now paying the £120 and only guaranteed a hours playing time!

Looks like they want to bleed us for even more money.

We obviously aint going for it!

I dread to think how much it will be if we get a new stadium.

It's just some bunch of kids trying to grab our cash - I HAVE NO MORE CASH.

Apart from John Lansdowne and David L I don't know any of these people any more - tell me one person who is a proper city person who works at the club. And please don't mention sexton

still around

It's just some bunch of kids trying to grab our cash - I HAVE NO MORE CASH.

Apart from John Lansdowne and David L I don't know any of these people any more - tell me one person who is a proper city person who works at the club. And please don't mention sexton

Super Scotty has been known to make a few phone calls and do what he can for our club; Cheese is, as no doubt are other ex players but most are indeed just passing through.

Sorry to go against the flow here but may be a few too many of the BCFC marketing brigade have had their say. Funny how the 'chance of a lifetime' posts start during office hours!!

Well that's a quite embarrassing accusation to make isn't it? Deary me.

I took my son and nephew to the football for fans at the gate last summer and we had a good day. It was a professionally run job and the boys all got a medal and met scotty murray. I didnt mind paying cos it was a professional job the steward and paramedic also helped my mates little boy who got a whack in the face. They do it all over the country.

Having had to sit through so much rubbish this season you would hope the community trust would actually give something back to the kids. come on i forked out for 3 shirts with their logo on and i am now getting nothing back. how can they be a charity when they are making a profit, it doesnt add up.

Who's choice was that? I mean to buy the shirts? I don't think you did so under the impression you would receive anything free did you? I'm pretty sure the community trust is aimed at charitable work within the community... Not providing your kids with a free day out. Do you really think your kids and yourself deserve charity? another ridiculous point.

My boy has seen the email and wants to go again this summer but i strongly feel that this should be free of charge to the people who have put so much in to the club this year. I have spent over£1200.

Well done you. Did the club force you? I never understand people moaning about how much they've spent. It's your choice. I spend a ridiculous percentage of my income on football too, but that's my prerogative. There is absolutely no justifiable reason why this should be provided free at all. If anything, when you look at the prices for adult teams, this has been massively subsidised by the club already...

I paid for Football for fans cos i knew that it was a proper company. why should i pay for something that is just making money to pay peoples wages, it is just taking advantage. In over 20 years i havent felt ripped off by this club but it now feels like i am being screwed all the time.

E-mail David Lloyd and ask him what the community trust do, and what the money raised through things like this will go towards... I will put my house on it not being "peoples wages".

If paying £25 for your son to do something I wish I had been given the opportunity to do as a child is a "rip off" then I must clearly have no grasp of the value of money at all. £25 to play in professional facilities on its own represents fantastic value, then add to it the fact it's your sons team.

Some crazy criticism again...

Jordan, you really do not have a clue. £25 I alot for some of us... What if you have 2, 3 or even 4 kids?? It really starts to add up.

Not all of us are middle class warriors with money coming out our ears. Or parents we can turn to whenever we get short of cash.

Raisng kids is an expensive business and 25 quid for one child, for one day is alot. For alot of people who live week to week, worrying about giving our kids everything we can - with EVERYTHING getting more expensive all the time, 25 quid per child is on the expensive side, for something that would usually cost about a fiver max.

Community Trust? Not saying I could not afford it, if my kids were older - but low income families could not afford it. Surely this community trust "charity" is exactly for them? Or is a money making scheme for the club which is tax free?

Well if you can't afford it then your kids can't do it.

No disrespect intended but i'm with Jordan. For crying out loud it is a great opportunity for kids to play at AG for a very reasonable price.

The trust isn't there just to provide kids with free days out (and it would seem they are subsidising this tournament).

It amazes me what people will shoot the club down for just because of the shit on the pitch.

Well if you can't afford it then your kids can't do it.

No disrespect intended but i'm with Jordan. For crying out loud it is a great opportunity for kids to play at AG for a very reasonable price.

The trust isn't there just to provide kids with free days out (and it would seem they are subsidising this tournament).

It amazes me what people will shoot the club down for just because of the shit on the pitch.

It's not a charity then - nor is it for the "community"

Jordan, you really do not have a clue. £25 I alot for some of us... What if you have 2, 3 or even 4 kids?? It really starts to add up.

Not all of us are middle class warriors with money coming out our ears. Or parents we can turn to whenever we get short of cash.

Raisng kids is an expensive business and 25 quid for one child, for one day is alot. For alot of people who live week to week, worrying about giving our kids everything we can - with EVERYTHING getting more expensive all the time, 25 quid per child is on the expensive side, for something that would usually cost about a fiver max.

Community Trust? Not saying I could not afford it, if my kids were older - but low income families could not afford it. Surely this community trust "charity" is exactly for them? Or is a money making scheme for the club which is tax free?

Fiver max? are you having a bubble? This is professional sports facilities, not a lumpy bumpy field on the downs. Christ. It's also no compulsory... If it's too much, then DON'T DO IT...

Also, I bloody well wish I was middle class and had money coming out of my ears. My dad probably wishes he could subsidise me too.

£25 = less than a match day ticket. Less than a day out to Alton Towers/Thorpe Park. Less than a trip to the zoo for a group. And it will represent a dream come true for most City supporting boys and girls....

I wish I had the chance.

So, what exactly is this 'Community Trust' for if it's not to help local children ?????!!!!!!

My brother bought the yellow team shirt with the 'Community Trust' logo on it, got in the team photograph wearing it....but when I asked him what this 'Community Trust' is for he didn't seem to know !!!!! Seems to me that there are a hell of a lot of other BCFC supporters that have blindly followed this 'Community Trust' project without knowing what it is for.

Fiver max? are you having a bubble? This is professional sports facilities, not a lumpy bumpy field on the downs. Christ. It's also no compulsory... If it's too much, then DON'T DO IT...

Also, I bloody well wish I was middle class and had money coming out of my ears. My dad probably wishes he could subsidise me too.

£25 = less than a match day ticket. Less than a day out to Alton Towers/Thorpe Park. Less than a trip to the zoo for a group. And it will represent a dream come true for most City supporting boys and girls....

I wish I had the chance.

I've no problem with the club trying to make money.

Just don't think they should claim they are "doing it for the community"

These community things should be for all kids - not just the ones who's parents can afford it.

Clearly this community trust is not a charity it claims to be.

What so it's not a charity just because it isn't giving your kids a free day out?!

I don't actually know the exact aims of the trust or who their priorities are but i am sure giving your kids a free day out isn't it's number one aim. Perhaps a subsidised day out is?! And that is what they are doing.

It may be unfortunate but it is simple, if you can't afford it then you can't do it. Same as alot of things in life. I am sure there will be alot of interest at that price though.

Also RIaz, for what it's worth, the price hike on the pitch hire at the end of the season is shocking. Rises like that are so disappointing to see as it is such an unrealistic rise and will alienate so many more than £20 or so for your kid to play at the gate.

Here you go boys... Take a look to see what they do. If you think it's a worthy cause, give them your money. If you don't think it's a worthy cause or you can't afford to give them money, don't!

http://www.bristolcitycommunitytrust.org.uk/

I often wander what greenpeace do and they get on my nerves. So I don't give them Any money.

Simples!

I've no problem with the club trying to make money.

Just don't think they should claim they are "doing it for the community"

These community things should be for all kids - not just the ones who's parents can afford it.

Yeah, I suppose considering for you it was over a grand each and for these kids it'll be £25 each it shows the poorer families just aren't getting any value from this scheme... :facepalm:

Well written Riaz. The 'Community Trust' project seems more and more like the 'charity' that the top public schools claim to be - like Eton where the top Toffs like David Cameron get their education.

Indeed, "these community things should be for all kids - not just the ones who's parents can afford it."

So, what exactly is this 'Community Trust' for if it's not to help local children ?????!!!!!!

My brother bought the yellow team shirt with the 'Community Trust' logo on it, got in the team photograph wearing it....but when I asked him what this 'Community Trust' is for he didn't seem to know !!!!! Seems to me that there are a hell of a lot of other BCFC supporters that have blindly followed this 'Community Trust' project without knowing what it is for.

MISSION, VISION AND VALUES

Mission: A club based at the heart of its community

Vision: Improving lives through football and learning

Values: Dedicated, innovative and inspirational.

Like you i didn't know what it was for. Clearly it is to help local people, not just children.

Giving local children a free day out isn't the best way they could use money, is it?! Instead they are subsidising the day, making it an affordable experience, and i just fail to see how people can't see this is fair.

Like you i didn't know what it was for. Clearly it is to help local people, not just children.

Giving local children a free day out isn't the best way they could use money, is it?! Instead they are subsidising the day, making it an affordable experience, and i just fail to see how people can't see this is fair.

+1

The 'Mission, Vision, Values' could have been copied from an 'A' level business economics text book. It's all empty rhetoric because no way do I believe that the children that need - and would benefit from - this Ashton Gate tournament the most would be able to afford £25. It's all very middle class and yet another example of middle class values being forced down our throats by money men prawn sandwich eaters. Why not go the whole hog and sell Champagne at the tournament ??!!!!

The 'Mission, Vision, Values' could have been copied from an 'A' level business economics text book. It's all empty rhetoric because no way do I believe that the children that need - and would benefit from - this Ashton Gate tournament the most would be able to afford £25. It's all very middle class and yet another example of middle class values being forced down our throats by money men prawn sandwich eaters. Why not go the whole hog and sell Champagne at the tournament ??!!!!

listen to yourself, man.

What child 'needs' this tournament?!

There is not one child in the world that needs this tournament. As a result the trust are subsidising it to a fair price, making it affordable, to give children in the local community a chance to play at AG.

Unfortunately there will be alot of parents who can't afford the £20 or so, and as a result their child wont be able to take part. It is as simple as that.

I'm not into prawns or champagne but if it's a few thorns and a hot dog I'm in. My kid is too small to play though. I'm rubbish at football, you think I could play? £25 is steep but I if i get a free hot dog!

IF YOU DON'T lIKE IT DONT PAY IT!

If you do then have a nice day! :D

What child 'needs' this tournament?!

There is not one child in the world that needs this tournament. As a result the trust are subsidising it to a fair price, making it affordable, to give children in the local community a chance to play at AG.

Unfortunately there will be alot of parents who can't afford the £20 or so, and as a result their child wont be able to take part. It is as simple as that.

'needs' as in the sense of the 'Community Trust' being a charity - so say. So, the 'Community Trust' is in effect a 'charity' for the children of middle class parents that excludes poorer children on the basis of the £25 cost?

Ain't it nice to know that in your words........."alot of parents who can't afford the £20 or so, and as a result their child wont be able to take part. It is as simple as that".........what a delightful charity that any Toff should be proud of.

'needs' as in the sense of the 'Community Trust' being a charity - so say. So, the 'Community Trust' is in effect a 'charity' for the children of middle class parents that excludes poorer children on the basis of the £25 cost?

Ain't it nice to know that in your words........."alot of parents who can't afford the £20 or so, and as a result their child wont be able to take part. It is as simple as that".........what a delightful charity that any Toff should be proud of.

In the grand scheme of things, £25 isn't that much. If YOU can't afford it YOUR child can still play in the tornenments in yate or hanham for a fiver. It's life, if you can't afford something, you don't have it.

But providing a free football tournament isn't going to be the priority for the charity. Instead of making it free they can then spend the money saved, in areas and on priorities that are more worthwhile and are actually going to make a difference to childrens lives. This tournament, whilst it might be great on the day, is hardly going to have any lasting impact and therefore spending enough money on it to make it free would be a complete waste.

Instead they have set up the tournament at a fair price and yes, if you can't afford to send your child then so be it. Instead, hopefully your child will benefit from something that has a greater and longer lasting impact than a day of free football can supply.

Archived