IGNORED

Minimum Point Requirement Next Weekend ?

foghornred

Simply need to match Cov's result on Saturday and beat them on Monday. No more no less.

With west ham and Birmingham to come, simply matching Coventry result may not be enough.

Is there a possibility that the league can exploit some loophole and award us 27 points for keeping the scores below cricket level?

Unfortunately, I simply cannot see any points next weekend against an in form Florist and Coventry.

Want six. Need six. Will get one, if we're lucky, against Cov. One win in thirteen with the two teams we're playing hitting form and battling (unlike us) to stay up. I'm afraid we're down and out unless the players suddenly develop some form of passion for the club and pride in the shirt they're pulling on.

Still all to play for -

Nott's Forest have us and then three promotion chasing teams - so even though they are scoring at will atm they will have some tough games ahead, if we can get a point or beat them then we pull them back into the relegation fight..

Millwall have to play 2 promotion playing teams and to relegation contenders - so they too could find themselves in trouble rather quickly if results around them go badly and they do not win

Coventry - well they have us, Millwall and Doncaster - last game against a Southampton (destined for the Premier League)

I see the key, us getting at least a point against Nott's forest, Peterborough playing well and Coventry and Millwall not winning any games but picking up losses or draws.... if this happens we can nick a pass into the Championship for another year (of course we can also just win all our games ourselves.... but... well).

We need 6, not only mathematically, but also for confidence, we need some belief in the team, confidence is vital to our survival.

Ok, now back to reality, we will get humperdincked against the Robin Hoods, and probably scrape a consolation point against Cov.

I never thought I'd say this but I think we would have been better off keeping Millen, at least he's had experience in this situation before!

(ducks, weaves and throws a flurry of haymakers)!!!!

As has been said 6 points would really see us motoring clear but 4 points and we're still in the fray albeit needing a bit of a miracle. Under 4 and I think we're as good as down.

Unfortunately, I can't see us getting anything in Nottingham and I can see Coventry beating Peterborough.

Archived