IGNORED

Minimum Point Requirement Next Weekend ?

foghornred

6 points.......??? Dreaming i know but what the hell, It's s*it or bust !

Dreaming yes, but it really is what we need without meaning to state the obvious. I have said 4, but considering cov have pboro, millwall and donny all at home I would imagine they would get 7 from those easy with the form they are on.

Hopefully we can drag Millwall back into it by the end of this weekend as I can see cov staying up comfortably even if we beat them.

Without being negative, you would imagine that out of our next four fixtures, the next two coming up are the only ones we are likely to get anything from. Anything less than 4 points this weekend and its over I am afraid.

Hi Cov fan here,

Most of your comments seem a tad pessimistic, after all Cov have the worst away record in the league, with one win all season and a run at one point of being beaten away 10 games running. That said the last 3 away games have been draws at Watford and Cardiff with the win at Hull.

As I see it, Bristol will start slight favourites but I think Cov will nick a point, giving both teams plenty to play for. We still have to play Millwall at home and I'm hoping both our teams can get above them to stay up, with Portsmouth and Doncaster going down with them.

Pity it's not the last game of the season with both teams needing a draw and Jimmy Hill as honourary guest !

Cheers

fair play to you mate. you've come a long way since we played you last. It's nice to see that as true football fans the passion for our clubs is deep.

Shame can't be said about some of the so called players who pull on a sky blue or red shirt though

The team need 6 points, nothing less. The cushion is needed to compensate for the next games after that which is Brum and Wham.

47 points has to be the aim due to our shite goal difference, 3 wins and a draw, not a chance in hell. We needed to beat Derby which I said was a must win game, we failed so it gives us far too much to do in our remaining games.

Sorry but, if you look at it in the cold light of day, our form, our performances, our lack of goals, a defence that leaks goals, it only points to one thing, relegation.

They can't suddenly become a great team 40 games into the season, we are here because we have been utter shite, not just this season but most of last too.

done some working out this is IF the players play with some passion

City

Forest Away - Draw

Cov Home - Win

Birmingham Away - Lose

WHam Home - Lose

Barnsley Home - Win

Burnely Away - Draw

that leaves a total of 8 points giving us finishing with 45 points. If results from Florest,Cov,Millwall and pompy go our way i think we will finnish 20th

But hey were are bristol city with players with no passion and things gone against us this season so i think more than likely it will go down to the last game of the season against burnley

ALWAYS BELIEVE!!!!

Cov fan here.

Understand where you are all coming from. At xmas we were 9 points from safety. There is nothing to say you won't suddenly start picking up points. We have played with passion all season, but it was not enough. We have suddenly started to pick points up. We recently managed a draw with Brum. WH are on a bad run. Their fans are now on their backs. Forest are either good or poor. The season is not over whatever happens this weekend, although the more points you get the better for yourselves.

Millwall are in more trouble than you think. We have them at home. Our home form is what has given us a chance of staying up. Our away form is very poor. We have just won our first away game of the season. That was our last game against Hull. It was their 4th defeat on the trot. Played them at the right time. We are all hoping for a point on Monday. Would be a massive point for us. If you beat Forest that would drag them into the relegation battle. There is a long way to go yet.

The season will come down to a ref's decision, lucky goal, or something not expected. We are very light in numbers of players available for the rest of the season. We are down to our last 5 defenders. Not all of them are experienced. Not all first choice either. Lose any more before the end of the season and we will have to play with a striker in defence. We are also under a transfer embago, so could not bring any loans in, unlike Pompey who have the league bending over backwards to help them to bring loans in although they are also under an embago.

Good luck the rest of the season. Other than monday that is :-) Donny, Pompey and Millwall to go down. Donny for bringing in players they do not own but to make a profit on, Pompey for cheating with the leagues blessing and Millwall because I don't like them and never have.

Millwall have a tough run in so if they go on a poor run of form we could escape relegation and send them down .... I don't think this will happen but it's possible if we pick up enough points. I must admit it does look bleak for us but there is still a chance we can survive!

3 points against Forest was absolutely terrific, unexpected and a bonus. Whilst the result last night was cause for celebration, I'd fail to go from high to leap if we drew with Coventry. Lets get behind the team, not behind the opposition

Archived