IGNORED

Minimum Point Requirement Next Weekend ?

foghornred

Hi Cov fan here,

Most of your comments seem a tad pessimistic, after all Cov have the worst away record in the league, with one win all season and a run at one point of being beaten away 10 games running. That said the last 3 away games have been draws at Watford and Cardiff with the win at Hull.

As I see it, Bristol will start slight favourites but I think Cov will nick a point, giving both teams plenty to play for. We still have to play Millwall at home and I'm hoping both our teams can get above them to stay up, with Portsmouth and Doncaster going down with them.

Pity it's not the last game of the season with both teams needing a draw and Jimmy Hill as honourary guest !

Cheers

Hi Cov fan here,

Most of your comments seem a tad pessimistic, after all Cov have the worst away record in the league, with one win all season and a run at one point of being beaten away 10 games running. That said the last 3 away games have been draws at Watford and Cardiff with the win at Hull.

As I see it, Bristol will start slight favourites but I think Cov will nick a point, giving both teams plenty to play for. We still have to play Millwall at home and I'm hoping both our teams can get above them to stay up, with Portsmouth and Doncaster going down with them.

Pity it's not the last game of the season with both teams needing a draw and Jimmy Hill as honourary guest !

Cheers

i wouldn't say we are favourites. If you come down here to win the game you probably will, your away form has picked up in recent weeks.

We (Cov) don't have the ability to sit back and play for a draw. I therefore expect us to go for the win in the hope that we end up with nothing worse than a draw. I think Saturday's results are critical, if we come to Bristol with a 4 pt advantage then I'd expect all the pressure to be on you which could then play into our hands. I still think that the most likely result is a draw, which should suit us. Both teams can stay up as anything can happen at this stage of the season and all teams in this league are beatable.

We (Cov) don't have the ability to sit back and play for a draw. I therefore expect us to go for the win in the hope that we end up with nothing worse than a draw. I think Saturday's results are critical, if we come to Bristol with a 4 pt advantage then I'd expect all the pressure to be on you which could then play into our hands. I still think that the most likely result is a draw, which should suit us. Both teams can stay up as anything can happen at this stage of the season and all teams in this league are beatable.

i think Milwall are the only other team involved.

A win against Coventry is a must and we could really do with a point against Forest. If we lose at Forest and beat Coventry though we're still involved and will just have to hope Coventry drop points saturday. If we get less than 3 points we're in serious trouble and probably relegated.

Never in a million years are we going to get 6 points this weekend. I am sorry but it will never happen. Our best hope is to nick a point at forest which is incredibly unlikely, given their current form and our dreadful record at their place. But even so a point would still not be great, considering cov are at home to pboro this weekend and with their up turn in fortunes that is a game I would 100% expect them to win.

Baring in mind, after this weekend we have Brum away and West Ham. Can't see points rushing our way after those games. This weekend really is the most important of our season but even hoping beyond hope I just can't see how everything is all of a sudden going to fall into place for us.

Anything less than four points, baring an absolute miracle will see us relegated.

Never in a million years are we going to get 6 points this weekend. I am sorry but it will never happen. Our best hope is to nick a point at forest which is incredibly unlikely, given their current form and our dreadful record at their place. But even so a point would still not be great, considering cov are at home to pboro this weekend and with their up turn in fortunes that is a game I would 100% expect them to win.

Baring in mind, after this weekend we have Brum away and West Ham. Can't see points rushing our way after those games. This weekend really is the most important of our season but even hoping beyond hope I just can't see how everything is all of a sudden going to fall into place for us.

Anything less than four points, baring an absolute miracle will see us relegated.

You never know at Forest, when most say we have no chance is normally the time we turn up. Ask Southampton and further back Arsenal,Liverpool and super Leeds etc;

Without doubt by this time next week our fate will be sealed; but it aint over till its over :fingerscrossed::city:

You never know at Forest, when most say we have no chance is normally the time we turn up. Ask Southampton and further back Arsenal,Liverpool and super Leeds etc;

Without doubt by this time next week our fate will be sealed; but it aint over till its over :fingerscrossed::city:

True, and I am clinging onto points you have just made. But how long have we been saying 'you never know' over the last few months? Unfortunately 'never know' and to the constant hoping that comes with it has got us to this, and I really am struggling to see how things are just suddenly going to change for us!

Convinced we'll get max points. Forest are a nervous team at home and the fans don't take long to turn on them. Their home record is worse than ours ! Coventry have beaten Portsmouth at home who are doomed and Hull away who have now lost 4 on the bounce. The pressure is on them now to keep out of the bottom 3. See how they like it. We will stuff them Both. Pitman and steady will run riot. Cant wait.

6 points is an absolute must! I can't stress that enough. If we want to get out of this, then we must beat both Forest and Coventry. Not only will we be out of the drop zone, but the confidence for the players will be sky high.

Still all to play for... ... I see the key, us getting at least a point against Nott's forest, Peterborough playing well and Coventry and Millwall not winning any games but picking up losses or draws.... if this happens we can nick a pass into the Championship for another year (of course we can also just win all our games ourselves.... but... well).

+1 - Like your optimism. It is still possible. Can Del pull it off? Let's pray!

I'm not saying we will beat forest away but just because we haven't since 1955 Does that mean we will never ever beat them again? No it doesn't. Ridiculous comment

Was just going to say the exact same thing! we have got to beat them sometime!

Archived