IGNORED

Season Ticket Prices Announced

bcfc87

I've been fairly critical of the Club this week but I must admit I'm impressed with this offer. I think my ST has gone up 9 pounds but with 5 pounds off of CATS, 25 pounds worth of food and a tenner off the shirt that is a hefty saving right there.

One thing did cross my mind, should we go down do you think the prices will drop for others? Obviously the other incentives will not be available but if the ST prices were to take a hefty chop if we're to play L1 football next year some may want to wait...

I'm happy enough with all of that.

Nice to see the club trying things that involve the fans a bit more, even if some cynics will just label it as "spin"

If you missed out on early bird prices last year, then these prices are cheaper. If you didn't then there is a slight increase - but in fairness, season tickets have cost less year on year since we have been in the Championship. If next season we are in L1, then so be it - I for one will be there come what may.

As a final point - well done to the club for offering what looks like excellent value to families and making football as affordable as is reasonably possible in these tough times.

C.T.I.D!

I've been fairly critical of the Club this week but I must admit I'm impressed with this offer. I think my ST has gone up 9 pounds but with 5 pounds off of CATS, 25 pounds worth of food and a tenner off the shirt that is a hefty saving right there.

One thing did cross my mind, should we go down do you think the prices will drop for others? Obviously the other incentives will not be available but if the ST prices were to take a hefty chop if we're to play L1 football next year some may want to wait...

From what I understand , the prices announced today are it. Wether we stay up go down or buy it this week or the day before the season starts. The advantages of buying it in the next 3 weeks is all the add ons.

Give people some positives and if they can scrape the cash together they will go either with a season ticket or when they can money allowing, as pointed out by Somerset Sam off the cuff remarks like being reminded of why you love City has nothing to do with some special offers ,, i followed City because of Gow, Merrick, Tom, Big Cheese,Chris Garland,Dicky Rooks,The King John Galley, Alan Dicks....................... I've accepted that Premier League football is out of our scope at present but the Championship is interesting and even though we are bad at present i would sooner compete there than league 1 wilderness, if you can get a season ticket within your budget then you can miss a few games and its still good value i can't do that its expensive and watching this rag tag bunch of underperforming sub standard players plodding around is sad and frustrating to put it nicely...... The effort to stay in this league just isn't there watching from the stands certain players don't look concerned at all maybe crowds of 7or 8 thousand don't bother them .... The Leicester City game was 1 of the few games that i felt i got value for my season ticket so many others have just come and gone and i can't remember anything other than dull boring performances.

I'm delighted by the fact that I'll now get my own "Account Manager".

I want mine to be Brett Pitman. Or that nice Kalifa Cisse.

According to the blurb, they'll be responsible for for "queries. . . " so does that mean every monday morning the switchboard will be full of people ringing their individually allotted Account Manager to ask why we were so shit on saturday? Or why the Chicken Balti pies had all sold out by half time?

I think it's a brave approach that heralds the start of us really creating some fantastic new memories of our beloved (but, ulitimately, rubbish) Bristol City.

if you can get a season ticket within your budget then you can miss a few games and its still good value i can't do that its expensive

Not even with the DD opition?

and watching this rag tag bunch of underperforming sub standard players plodding around is sad and frustrating to put it nicely...... The effort to stay in this league just isn't there watching from the stands certain players don't look concerned at all maybe crowds of 7or 8 thousand don't bother them .... The Leicester City game was 1 of the few games that i felt i got value for my season ticket so many others have just come and gone and i can't remember anything other than dull boring performances.

Again it's the chicken and egg situation isn't it, we clearly need more quality in the squad and in the backroom staff which costs money. I know from your previous posts that you are going to drag up the mistakes that have been made in the past and we all hope they will learn from those and improve things but that takes time and money.

This is a difficult one. From the point of view of the club they are trying to encourage us all to pay championship prices for next season in advance of knowing whether we will see championship football or not. This is sensible from a commercial point of view - pull in the hardcore with incentives that are not really that impressive when you dig into them. the counterfactual is to recognise that the football this season has been awful and we may end up in League 1 and slash prices accordingly. I would assume the club have worked out that they will lose more ST holders through relegation than they would gain through lower prices.

As to the offer:

Your seat for the season - hardly a surprise - it is an ST after all!

- Your own Account Manager: for queries & extra tickets - nice move - but minimal - if you are an ST your main business with the club will have been concluded - but good customer relations (although capacity might be a problem if 3,000 of us all ring the same 'account manager' at the same time) so unless staff numbers are upped this is a bit smoke and mirrors

- £10 off Home and Away Shirt - not new - and works on the basis that the shirts are full price in the first place and requires you to spend more money to 'save'

- £25 off Food and Drink to spend at the new kiosks - maybe i am being cynical - and the food at the Gate is poor quality - but the branded offering touted on the flyer (which looks good quality wise) is likely to be more expensive - so again you sare 'saving' by having to spend more money. I would need to see the small print on this one - £1 discount per game on an overpriced burger?

- Bring a Friend for Free: to one league game - sounds good - but I wonder how many will use it (particularly in League 1)

- Free Programme: for one league game - a saving of £3 - not to be sniffed at - but still £3

- One month free for BCFC Player - little more than the usual marketing incentive for Player - which is fine - but hardly an ST bonus

- Free access to Dolman Exhibition Hall - not new but welcome on cold days!

- Community Trust discount on coaching courses - good - but hardly more than marginal interest for most

- £5 off official away coach travel - good - more of a discount than now - but by maybe £2?

- Free ground tour - i thought we had those through the community trust anyway - so not new - if true unfair to bundle with the ST

- £1 return on all match-day travel with Abus - sounds good for those not near the ground

so If I do my maths properly:

My ST will cost me 399. If I take advantage of the offers I can (I walk to the ground so ABus is out)

Assuming the new food costs me a fiver - I get £25 quid off a £110 spend (for example)

I save £3 on the programme

I spend £30 quid on a shirt for my son, rather than £40 (like many I am too embarrassingly unfit to wear the shirt for any reason other than a dare!)

Assuming there is a profit margin above the discount I am spending £542 to save £38. So to get all the advantages I might use I get I have to spend over £100 more than the ST. This does not include Player.

I am trying not to be cynical - I split the offer into two parts - good deals and marketing fluff

Good deal

ABus

Discount on (full price) shirt

Friend for Free

Free Programme

Dolman Entrance

Away Coach discount

Fluff

Player discount

Account manager

coaching discount

Ground tour

On balance I would have rather had a discount on the ticket - even if just a token amount - to recognise how gawdawful this season has been - and next season might be. I recognise that the club have to package a commercial decision in this way and some of the 'incentives' are good value - but a fair number are of marginal interest or simply up front discounts that require you to spend more money - and some are unknown quanitities. the one that worries me most in that regard is the £25 discount on food. My fear is that the revamp will see prices go up markedly so the £25 discount will simply soften the blow. Hope I am wrong.

Sorry, misread the family ticket part. What if I want to renew and move from the atyeo to the EE? Can I do this straight away or do I have to wait for people currently in the EE to renew first and see what's left?

Also, I would rather they add up the costs of all the incentives and take the price away from the season ticket. Would be much more beneficial.

I'm doing the same I rang the club this morning they said yes

For anyone who's committed to renewing already I'm sure any added goody bag no matter how sparse will be gratefully received. However I suspect a sizeable number will now be waiting to see which Div we end up in as there's nothing in that list which will adequately compensate the same or slightly higher prices for league 1 football.

grove park there will be no reduction the club don't make money on match days thats why we lose 12 million quid a season,

We would still be on par with alot of league one clubs with our prices hell are prices are cheaper then the gas in some sections and they are in league two,

You pay 8 quid to watch Potishead play and there are in tier 9 or 10 for god sake

For anyone who's committed to renewing already I'm sure any added goody bag no matter how sparse will be gratefully received. However I suspect a sizeable number will now be waiting to see which Div we end up in as there's nothing in that list which will adequately compensate the same or slightly higher prices for league 1 football.

there will still be at least 8000 season ticket holders if we are in league 1

It is interesting that in the pdf "poster" one of the added benefits of the early sign up is "Your choice of seat anywhere in the ground". So does that mean If I get in before someone else then I can grab their seat? I doubt it. But what about after the 21st of Feb when the added benefits are not available, does that mean that if you haven't renewed by then you could lose your existing seat if someone else has asked for it? What I am saying is, is the 21st April the last date now to secure your existing seat ( provided it's not in Atyeo B & C of course).

It is interesting that in the pdf "poster" one of the added benefits of the early sign up is "Your choice of seat anywhere in the ground". So does that mean If I get in before someone else then I can grab their seat? I doubt it. But what about after the 21st of Feb when the added benefits are not available, does that mean that if you haven't renewed by then you could lose your existing seat if someone else has asked for it? What I am saying is, is the 21st April the last date now to secure your existing seat ( provided it's not in Atyeo B & C of course).

if it follows last season and the usual then after the 21st April you will still be able to have 'your' seat but without the added extras.

last season "The current set of prices expire on May 13th 2011 after which all unclaimed seats will be released."

if it follows last season and the usual then after the 21st April you will still be able to have 'your' seat but without the added extras.

last season "The current set of prices expire on May 13th 2011 after which all unclaimed seats will be released."

But will it follow last season, that is my point. Just seems a strange thing to include as an added benefit, particularly if it carries on after the end date for the offer. Think about it. Dolly, if you read this do you know what the intention is?

Its too expensive in my view for what looks like L1 footy all the add ons are a smoke screen for a price rise most of the discounts will never be claimed and to claim them means spending more money! season off for me I'm afraid. L1 potd prices will only be 20 quid or so

they will be the same as this season potd will not go down

My Ateyo has gone up 7.5% since last season. Works out about £1 per game extra for what will prob? be 1st div football. Plus I become a concession during next season but get no allowance for that. I just go for the football so the add ons are of no advantage to me. I,ve been advised to wait until Christmas and get a half season ticket at a concession but by doing that, I won't be able to get the seat I have now. Will I renew? Sounds selfish but if we go down..maybe not. Been supporting City for over 50 years and am a shareholder as well as a season ticket holder. I have never felt so negative about the Club overall as I do now, both on and off the pitch. Survival could sway me but I need to see and hear more encouragment from the boardroom about the plans for the future regardless of the stadium issue.

Its too expensive in my view for what looks like L1 footy all the add ons are a smoke screen for a price rise most of the discounts will never be claimed and to claim them means spending more money! season off for me I'm afraid. L1 potd prices will only be 20 quid or so

But surely you can pay £20 on the day for each game or pay around £25 a month DD for all the games? I know which looks more enticing. It's worth pointing out that the East End prices for League 1 next season are on a par with those paid by Swindon Town fans for this seasons League 2 campaign.

I've been criticial in the past of price increases and with the offers being made very early so that to get the best price you have to pay for something nearly 6 months before you get it. This year I think the season ticket prices are a good offer overall and that now is about the right time to roll it out.

Reducing prices would be difficult given the financial situation of the club so offering additional benefits that give supporters some value and get them slightly more involved with the club is a good choice I think.

The only improvement I'd suggest could have been made was to publish two sets of prices, one for the Championship and one for League one. However this would be logistically difficult (managing refunds in the event of relegation) and would show a lack of faith in our ability to stay up.

Second positive thing in a week from the commercial department of the club, well done.

there will still be at least 8000 season ticket holders if we are in league 1

i think so too. If we do go down and start off well playing some exciting attacking football along the way, i see no reson why we won't hit around the 12k mark every week.

they will be the same as this season potd will not go down

potd fans are small in number as it is, proven by the fact that it takes an offer of a tenner ticket to generate interest in the Coventry game, if the price remains the same for next season if we are in league one then potd will be non existant.

potd fans are small in number as it is, proven by the fact that it takes an offer of a tenner ticket to generate interest in the Coventry game, if the price remains the same for next season if we are in league one then potd will be non existant.

the thought of nearly £30 to watch Bury.

Regardless of what division we are in I dont think we will get more than 8,000 season ticket holders next year, average price of a season ticket is £350 which comes to £2.8 million.

Reduce ticket prices so the avarage is £250 and get 11,000 season ticket holders and your revenue is £2.75 million.

In my opinion had the club done something as radical as that reduction you would have got all of the 10,000 that bought tickets this year renewing and you would have got additional because of the reduced cost.

Archived