IGNORED

Season Ticket Prices Announced

bcfc87

My Ateyo has gone up 7.5% since last season. Works out about £1 per game extra for what will prob? be 1st div football. Plus I become a concession during next season but get no allowance for that. I just go for the football so the add ons are of no advantage to me. I,ve been advised to wait until Christmas and get a half season ticket at a concession but by doing that, I won't be able to get the seat I have now. Will I renew? Sounds selfish but if we go down..maybe not. Been supporting City for over 50 years and am a shareholder as well as a season ticket holder. I have never felt so negative about the Club overall as I do now, both on and off the pitch. Survival could sway me but I need to see and hear more encouragment from the boardroom about the plans for the future regardless of the stadium issue.

May be wrong here but delaying the purchase of a ST will not mean you get it at the reduced price. I was told by Jayne Maggs that the price you pay for the season is based on your age at the 1st Aug for that season.

Although I've got my bus pass :D I don't qualify for senior's price until the season after next, even though I will be the qualifying age for most of the 2013/4 season.

Plus nearly all of the championship clubs offer senior rates for those reaching 60. Our lot hold off until you get to 65!

Not much fun then in getting older how ever you look at it!! :rolleyes:

Personally I think the bring a friend thing is particulary good. Okay a lot of people will bring a friend who comes occasionally or sell them a ticket cheap, but some may use it to bring somebody who has never been before.

I have a friend who has said a few times they'd like to come to a game, but they don't really want to shell out the normal ticket prices. I can use this to bring them, okay they may not enjoy it and may never want to come back, but they might just get the same excitement many of us got when first attending a game. So its not just about an added benefit for season ticket holders but a possible way to help increase the fan base.

Port Said Red : I appreciate the points you have made its been a struggle to get a season ticket for the past couple of seasons basic cost of living, petrol,food ,electricity normal stuff even with early bird and staggered payments available i would rather have £30 off this seasons prices and forget the add on's, its not just the past couple of seasons mistakes City have always let the bigger things pass them by years of talk to really go no further forward the Academy countless money in and sod all out it is a sad state to have seen so much dross brought in on loan when no player is considered good enough to hold down a 1st team spot in what is a very poor team................. Of course it all takes time and money but seeing Southampton,Norwich City ,Swansea City to name but 3 get their act together and not only go down but then reach the Prem is galling , season tickets don't give you anything but your seat its a chance you take with the performance on the pitch but game in and game out watching gutless players with no pride crashing into League 1 is too much.....Nothing against the Rovers but its no surprise to see them in the bottom tier wasn't long ago that people couldn't see us playing them again for years given that they live on scraps what do they average 3,000 season tickets ????.. Its a fact that P. O. T. D sales are dismal in the Championship in League 1 it would be a dead duck ok non league clubs charge £8 but their fans become more part of the club as pointed out by fans who have jacked league football in ...

I paid £320 last season aswell ummmmmmmmm.

There were four price phases last season. Atyeo adult tickets were £325 if bought in February, £355 in March, £390 in June and £395 until season start.

See:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/staticFiles/55/7d/0,,10327~163157,00.pdf

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10327~2375608,00.html

The prices offered today are slightly less than those on offer at the same time last year and around 12% less than last year's full price.

Regardless of what division we are in I dont think we will get more than 8,000 season ticket holders next year, average price of a season ticket is £350 which comes to £2.8 million.

Reduce ticket prices so the avarage is £250 and get 11,000 season ticket holders and your revenue is £2.75 million.

In my opinion had the club done something as radical as that reduction you would have got all of the 10,000 that bought tickets this year renewing and you would have got additional because of the reduced cost.

I've argued similar in the past when objecting to price rises but with hindsight it seems that on the field performance affects take up a great deal more than price. We sold a huge number of season tickets in the run up to Wembley at our highest prices ever.

I've argued similar in the past when objecting to price rises but with hindsight it seems that on the field performance affects take up a great deal more than price.  We sold a huge number of season tickets in the run up to Wembley at our highest prices ever.

But its the on field performances that should dictate the price. Play off season demand was high because the football was good so you can charge a higher price.  Price has gone up for me but the standard of football has gone down, only way to keep attracting people when the football is poor is to reduce the price.

But its the on field performances that should dictate the price. Play off season demand was high because the football was good so you can charge a higher price. Price has gone up for me but the standard of football has gone down, only way to keep attracting people when the football is poor is to reduce the price.

Thats easy for us to say.

But the club lost 12m last year - when they are trying to turn a loss into at least a break even figure, why would they lower prices, which effectively lowers their income?

To be fair....I just want to know how much my ticket is...and they appear not to have been able to publish that, or answer the phone...grrr...

all the prices are listed how old are you and where do you sit,

Sam if you don't want to get the cheapest option of getting into ashton gate then don't get a season ticket it really is that simple

But will it follow last season, that is my point. Just seems a strange thing to include as an added benefit, particularly if it carries on after the end date for the offer. Think about it. Dolly, if you read this do you know what the intention is?

I havent a clue sorry. I expect if I asked they will say wait and see as they won't want to be talking about that yet.

May be wrong here but delaying the purchase of a ST will not mean you get it at the reduced price. I was told by Jayne Maggs that the price you pay for the season is based on your age at the 1st Aug for that season.

Although I've got my bus pass :D I don't qualify for senior's price until the season after next, even though I will be the qualifying age for most of the 2013/4 season.

Plus nearly all of the championship clubs offer senior rates for those reaching 60. Our lot hold off until you get to 65!

Not much fun then in getting older how ever you look at it!! :rolleyes:

It was the ticket office that told me to wait until Christmas to get the concession. Ist Aug cut off date is for the full season ticket only. I also notice that many other clubs offer concessions at 60 not 65. I feel the club has missed a chance here as Somerset Sam said. Reduce the price, increase the attendance, improve the atmosphere. Job done.

all the prices are listed how old are you and where do you sit,

Sam if you don't want to get the cheapest option of getting into ashton gate then don't get a season ticket it really is that simple

Thanks for telling me I hadnt worked that out! Thought this was a forum to debate?

It was the ticket office that told me to wait until Christmas to get the concession. Ist Aug cut off date is for the full season ticket only. I also notice that many other clubs offer concessions at 60 not 65. I feel the club has missed a chance here as Somerset Sam said. Reduce the price, increase the attendance, improve the atmosphere. Job done.

ours has been 65 for as long as I can remember why would they change,

Most clubs I know its 65,

I wouldn't be suprised if it went up as retirement age goes up though

Thanks for telling me I hadnt worked that out! Thought this was a forum to debate?

thats ok but theres no point in moaning about somthing thats is not going to change no matter how many dummies you spit out or toys you throw out of the pram is there

Thats easy for us to say.

But the club lost 12m last year - when they are trying to turn a loss into at least a break even figure, why would they lower prices, which effectively lowers their income?

See my previous post, lower the price attract more people revenue is the same, more people there on a match day spending more money. Its the scheme that works very well in Germany.

thats ok but theres no point in moaning about somthing thats is not going to change no matter how many dummies you spit out or toys you throw out of the pram is there

Not spat any dummies or thrown any toys, just expressed an opinion, thats different to yours. Its ok to have differnet opinions, makes the world a more interesting place.

See my previous post, lower the price attract more people revenue is the same, more people there on a match day spending more money. Its the scheme that works very well in Germany.

I doubt more people will renew - think its obvious less will renew this year, whatever the prices!

I doubt more people will renew - think its obvious less will renew this year, whatever the prices!

That we wont know but what I do know is that had my season ticket been cheaper than last year I would have renewed, I cant justify a dearer season ticket for next season.

last season was the lowest price we've had since we were in the championship and we attracted 3000 less season ticket holders

U21 ST in the dolman has doubled in price since last year. For what could well be L1 football next season, I find that astounding, even with these added 'incentives'.

Not sure how you work that out as this season the under 21 in Dolman A-B/F-N was £190 (early bird price), and next season will be £199. Even if you take into account no early bird and the mid Dolman blocks it can't have doubled surely?

My own adult ticket has gone up £24 in Dolman F, (£375 early bird this year) I would have expected a discount if we go down of at least £25, so in effect my ticket for watching league 1 (perhaps) will cost me around £50 more.

I just had the flyer thing through the post. I don't know if there is anymore detail about the offers other that what has already been quoted. I did notice that the one month free player is only offered if you take up for an annual subscription. Also the one free programme is for a selected home game, so I guess it will be like the Cardiff game where everyone will be given a free one at the same time. I hope they don't end up on the pitch this time! I must admit when I read the announcement on my phone early this morning i thought that would be ok as I sit with 3 other ST holders and we could take it in turns getting the programme over 4 differnt matches for free!

I must admit like others the other offers wont be used by myself and would rather money in my pocket than discounts that don't apply or I won't use.ie free scarves and money off Christmas packages.

I am very disappointed the club with this relatively new board didn't take the opportunity to 'pile it high & flog it cheap', but maybe the majority of us are no longer the clientele it desires.

The leaflet posted to me is titled 'creating memories' and is full of how we are 'a family'. Well with 'relatives' like this who needs enemies?

last season was the lowest price we've had since we were in the championship and we attracted 3000 less season ticket holders

True but that was 3000 less than when we thought we might be in the premier league, this seasons total was the same as last years and those were bought pretty much knowing we would be in the championship.

True but that was 3000 less than when we thought we might be in the premier league, this seasons total was the same as last years and those were bought pretty much knowing we would be in the championship.

no the season before that was 12000 i think so it was 1000 less then that

That we wont know but what I do know is that had my season ticket been cheaper than last year I would have renewed, I cant justify a dearer season ticket for next season.

I dont blame you if you dont renew - can totally relate to that. Personally I might not either. An hour after reading about season ticket prices, I find out the benefits I get (CTC) is going down by 100 quid a month - plus everything else has got more expensive.

And more importantly - watching city has'nt been "fun" for ages......

I dont knock the club for not slashing prices - they cannot afford too - but I dont blame anyone for not renewing either. Forget what division were in - the "fun" factor plus everything else getting more expensive, really makes you question is it worth anymore....

The family offer is appealling tho. If me and my mate go as a "family" - when can bring one of our kids each for nothing.... pretty good that.

ours has been 65 for as long as I can remember why would they change,

Most clubs I know its 65,

I wouldn't be suprised if it went up as retirement age goes up though

I checked in Feb last year, which is when I wrote to Jayne Maggs. and in the Championship we were one of 6 clubs using the 65 threshold. The other 18 set it at 60.

It will probably creep up though with retirement age, as you suggest.

Cheers for that, may have to do some maths then when the time comes!

potd fans are small in number as it is, proven by the fact that it takes an offer of a tenner ticket to generate interest in the Coventry game, if the price remains the same for next season if we are in league one then potd will be non existant.

Well perhaps it proves that the potd prices are set too high. As there is interest on reduced price matches.

Well perhaps it proves that the potd prices are set too high. As there is interest on reduced price matches.

That's exactly the conclusion that I have just come to after seeing on the Coventry ticket thread that 600 have been sold so far today, and hundreds were yesterday. Maybe it's down to it being a BH Monday where the weather looks rubbish, and fans who genuinely can't afford the time or the money are taking the opportunity to see their club, possibly for the first time this season?

Next season should have been max £15/£20 POTD and ST tickets priced accordingly. Fill the ground up, every week a near sell out (the away allocation isn't going to sell out every week), get the feelgood factor back again whichever division we are in. The board have missed a trick here.

Archived