IGNORED

About Time We Had A Bit Of Luck.

Robbored

First win league against Forest since the year I was born - 1955 - and the first time in ages that City had a bit of luck go our way.

We never looked like scoring until Camp messed up and brought down Stead for a blatant penalty and even Wood's poor spot kick squirmed in. Apart from that City barely threatened the Forest goal.

That said City defended better than they have recently and coped pretty well with Forests predictable play despite and McLeary making an arse of McAllister in the first 45, never looked like conceding. Reid went close wth long range efforts but City held on for a vital 3 points.

If I was a Coventry fan I wouldn't be too worried about the visit to AG on Monday......

confidence is always a major factor in any team. A win at Florist is gonna be an injection of confidence. In front of a full house at AG on Monday, they had better turn in the best performance of the season, and take 3 points

You're right, we did have luck on our side today and if you look at the stats on possession and shots on target we definitely did not deserve to win.

But you forgot to mention Woolford's disallowed goal, which was not offside.

Frankly a draw would have been quite generous to City, but we were due a bit of luck.

The pen was a stonewall, but as Mcinnes mentioned in his post-match interview, the first pen awarded to us since he came in.

I can think of a few others that should have been given.

First win league against Forest since the year I was born - 1955 - and the first time in ages that City had a bit of luck go our way.

We never looked like scoring until Camp messed up and brought down Stead for a blatant penalty and even Wood's poor spot kick squirmed in. Apart from that City barely threatened the Forest goal.

That said City defended better than they have recently and coped pretty well with Forests predictable play despite and McLeary making an arse of McAllister in the first 45, never looked like conceding. Reid went close wth long range efforts but City held on for a vital 3 points.

If I was a Coventry fan I wouldn't be too worried about the visit to AG on Monday......

This was a massive win and one I didn't dare hope for. I agree the pen could have been harder, but a good pen is one that goes in the net. (Something Maynard didn't manage earlier this season).

The disallowing of the second goal was a disgrace, thank goodness it didn't matter. Anyway hope this will lift the players and lead to another win against Coventry.

+ Made my son happy, he was watching on the web in China and rang straight after too pumped up to sleep at 2.30am their time!

I doubt Forest were too worried today about us. Where did that get them?

I get what you are saying, but right now an away win is sheer gold to anyone at the bottom.

Coventry are unbeaten in 7, and I am sure will not be worried as such. However, they are now one point behind us, and with five games to go, they would not be human if they were not nervous about the game, as we will be.

We have hope. Its a football game - of course we can win! Only Monday will tell the outcome, but at least the fat lady has had to sit down for a little...

Really, I am sure with Coventry's away record they are already celebrating Monday's result!!

Never looking like scoring? I take it you missed the last five minutes?

Great result, and I'm bloody delighted as I didn't expect much on the way to the ground.

McCallister was massively out of position for much of the game, I felt. I've heard of giving your man a few yards of space, but there were times that he was some 20 yards from him (orange boots - McLeary?). 4 or 5 times a cross field pass was played onto his chest and more time than he knew what to do with as Macca scampered across from the centre half position. Maybe he was under special instructions, but it was really strange positioning that reminded me of Hunt vs Millwall.

McCallister was massively out of position for much of the game, I felt. I've heard of giving your man a few yards of space, but there were times that he was some 20 yards from him (orange boots - McLeary?). 4 or 5 times a cross field pass was played onto his chest and more time than he knew what to do with as Macca scampered across from the centre half position. Maybe he was under special instructions, but it was really strange positioning that reminded me of Hunt vs Millwall.

McGivern does this every game he plays - perhaps it is instruction?

It should have been 2-0 though as Woolford was clearly onside so unlucky not to get a goal .... but the team really did put in an effort .... .but it is still worrying about our lack of goal threat but with a bumper crowd behind us we should hopefully get another win on Monday?

Just read some people saying coventry unbeaten in seven .... forest were unbeaten in four we beat them ..... let's not forget we are unbeaten in four (?) games we have got to go into the coventry game positive as we have put ourselves in a good position ahead of the game .... like everyone else i hope we don't cock up and lose the game but then why should we the team played well today and showed the battle and desire we would expect from a team fighting for their lives ...... COME ON U REDS

Is that not lucky for City?

No, just crap from Forest which is probably why they are not much better off than we are. Nothing to do with luck.

Can we not be happy we have had a brilliant result? We all understand it does not make us the best team in the world but most on here are pretty quick

to knock us when things go wrong, why are we not as quick to praise when we get a great battling result? Oh sorry, I forget which forum I am on.

Does that matter? Luck or not, we got 3 crucial points today!!

That is true, but no need to just bury our heads in the sand here, we will certainly need to play much better to win on monday, bearing in mind our woeful home form and given Coventry will almost certainly park the bus and we have never been great at breaking down teams who play for the draw.

Archived