IGNORED

About Time We Had A Bit Of Luck.

Robbored

That is true, but no need to just bury our heads in the sand here, we will certainly need to play much better to win on monday, bearing in mind our woeful home form and given Coventry will almost certainly park the bus and we have never been great at breaking down teams who play for the draw.

My point exactly.

Yep, a great three points today but hopefully Mcinnes won't think that a similar approach will be enough on Monday. He's needs to grasp the momentum and go full out for three points by playing Pitman and Albert from the start. An early goal will surely demoralise Coventry with thier away record.

Think the tone of the original post is pretty much spot on.

We weren't great, McAllister and Foster looked especially susceptible for large periods, and we seemed determined to give Forest as much possession as possible through aimless lumped balls up top.

I spent most of the match screaming for ball retention which we seemed almost completely incapable of doing. When we did, we looked half decent - good spell around half an hour in and then the move for Woolford's goal.

As for Woolford thought he did fine. Seems to lack pace and/or strength, an unforgivable curse for those who love direct wing play, but he seems to get in the right positions going forward and shouldn't be written off just yet.

Skuse made some timely interceptions and Cisse was, as he seems to be, composed and a presence.

I'm really keen to see Killkenny playing behind a front man which should offers us more control of the game. That would appear a negative move for a home game but the performance, for all the sheet delight of the victory, wasn't great.

At this stage performance is nothing, points are everything. So whilst I agree that we were fortunate to win today I don't like the ending of the original post as it sets a negative tone over a result which we should, although not naively, draw some major positivity.

Archived