IGNORED

Captain Fantastic

bs3

It does make me laugh how one result and all of a sudden people need new contracts.

Ok, he has experience....but on a whole, he is past it! Been our best defender this season??? Maybe....but is that really something to be proud of?? Our defence has been pathetic from day one.

Nothing personal against Louis....we just need to cut the wage bill, and bring in some quality.

Good thing is McInnes is getting rid of the old boys brigade, and if Louis does get a contract......I'm sure it will be for the right reasons, and not because he is "a legend".

I personally think he will be heading to Exeter I the summer

It does make me laugh how one result and all of a sudden people need new contracts.

Ok, he has experience....but on a whole, he is past it! Been our best defender this season??? Maybe....but is that really something to be proud of?? Our defence has been pathetic from day one.

Nothing personal against Louis....we just need to cut the wage bill, and bring in some quality.

Good thing is McInnes is getting rid of the old boys brigade, and if Louis does get a contract......I'm sure it will be for the right reasons, and not because he is "a legend".

Its just not one game though is it?

Well what is it then?

People have been saying all season who in their opinions should have new contracts, Lewis played well yesterday and he's played well in most games he's played so we are going to say he should be rewarded with a new contract. I only posted a thread about Jammo becuase I was being curious. Its also the end of season nearly so we are going to discuss about it.

just becuase he is old dont mean we should release him, if he can still produce good performances which he has done then why get rid? its stupid and makes no sence! typical city fans!!

+1 exactly this, yes we need a clear out but it should be of players who are not up to it. I would take Carey everyday over Nyatanga! If Del offers him a new deal then clearly he feels he can offer something. We do want to trim the wage bill but I seriously doubt his wages will be astronomical!

People have been saying all season who in their opinions should have new contracts, Lewis played well yesterday and he's played well in most games he's played so we are going to say he should be rewarded with a new contract. I only posted a thread about Jammo becuase I was being curious. Its also the end of season nearly so we are going to discuss about it.

Were currently the third worst team in this league....and forgive me if I'm wrong, but one of the worst defences.

To many City fans are happy to accept mediocricity. Carey, I respect the bloke, he is a legend....but this club needs to evolve. We need to bring in new, hungry players, and build for the future.

Were currently the third worst team in this league....and forgive me if I'm wrong, but one of the worst defences.

To many City fans are happy to accept mediocricity. Carey, I respect the bloke, he is a legend....but this club needs to evolve. We need to bring in new, hungry players, and build for the future.

I agree with this, everyone does seem happy to accept mediocrity. Foster, Nyatanga, and even Fonts to a certain extent. People on here have claimed he is Premier League class!! Not in a million years. However I still think Carey is the best we have unfortunately, and until we can get in a lot better then he is worth keeping.

I agree with this, everyone does seem happy to accept mediocrity. Foster, Nyatanga, and even Fonts to a certain extent. People on here have claimed he is Premier League class!! Not in a million years. However I still think Carey is the best we have unfortunately, and until we can get in a lot better then he is worth keeping.

100% agree on your Fonts comments.

The only way Id even consider Carey....is in a pay as you play contract. I'd still prefer to let him go though, time to rebuild

100% agree on your Fonts comments.

The only way Id even consider Carey....is in a pay as you play contract. I'd still prefer to let him go though, time to rebuild

It is time to rebuild your right, but the good thing is, with Del in charge he will not be rewarded just for being a legend as you say. It would be on merit which would be fine by me, on a pay as you play deal would do just fine.

And being the 3rd worst team who would want to join us who is better than what we got!?

And being the 3rd worst team who would want to join us who is better than what we got!?

We have a new manager, and the slate gets wiped clean come the summer when all our dross is forced out the door.

Do you honestly think players like Louis Carey is the best we can get? Regardless off what league we are in, there are better options out there to help us build for the future

Exactly! He knows not much, if anything , will be on offer so all he can do is demonstrate he gives a sh1t, play well and see what happens. If that is rewarded with a decent contract then I'd be happy with that and it certainly wouldn't feel like jobs for the boys or holding on to deadwood just cos he's a legend. Footballers should be rewarded for effort and ability regardless of age.

Probably got a time share down Sandy bay then, I presume!

Carey was very fortunate not to get a yellow card within the first few mins of the game. He shoved a Coventry player in the back and gave away a needless free kick and then scythed through another shortly afterwards. I appreciate he was only stamping his pressence on the opposition but with a less tolerant ref could well have been penalised.

That said he put in a full shift along with the whole defence.

Dammit! Have I missed the Coventry game? I was looking forward to it too :)

We have a new manager, and the slate gets wiped clean come the summer when all our dross is forced out the door.

Do you honestly think players like Louis Carey is the best we can get? Regardless off what league we are in, there are better options out there to help us build for the future

he's the best we got and thats only our fault, he had January to bring in a better centre half but did he? Mcmanus (sorry for spelling) was good but why couldn't we have a pernament deal? I'll answer 1. like you said need a clear out and reduce the wage bill. 2. we dont attract big names. It's always been the same for us as a club. We always have to get players from lower leagues par 2-3 players!!!

he's the best we got and thats only our fault, he had January to bring in a better centre half but did he? Mcmanus (sorry for spelling) was good but why couldn't we have a pernament deal? I'll answer 1. like you said need a clear out and reduce the wage bill. 2. we dont attract big names. It's always been the same for us as a club. We always have to get players from lower leagues par 2-3 players!!!

McManus is far better then Carey, and I have no idea why we didn't get hi permanently. Maybe Boro didn't want to release him? Or maybe with League 1 a real possibility we couldnt afford his wages.

Either way, I genuinely believe there are better options out there, and it's about time this club tried something a bit different and actually tried to get away from this idea that we can't do any better then what we already have.

McManus is far better then Carey, and I have no idea why we didn't get hi permanently. Maybe Boro didn't want to release him? Or maybe with League 1 a real possibility we couldnt afford his wages.

Either way, I genuinely believe there are better options out there, and it's about time this club tried something a bit different and actually tried to get away from this idea that we can't do any better then what we already have.

If thats the case then we're back to square one, buying for the heck which imo caused all of this "dead wood players".

loads of players which are shi* and getting involved in a relegation battle like now.

Yeah but thats where you put faith in the manager and see if he has what it takes to bring in players who can improve on the squad we already have?

With his signings so far....I'm confident he can do this.

McManus would of been a great signing, but there's plenty of other capable centre halfs who we can bring in and look to the future with. Centre halves who are better then anything we have here now

I don't get the logic if some City fans. It's almost as if some are happy to plod along with same old same old instead if actually saying "you know what, we candy better then this"

Yeah but thats where you put faith in the manager and see if he has what it takes to bring in players who can improve on the squad we already have?

With his signings so far....I'm confident he can do this.

McManus would of been a great signing, but there's plenty of other capable centre halfs who we can bring in and look to the future with. Centre halves who are better then anything we have here now

I don't get the logic if some City fans. It's almost as if some are happy to plod along with same old same old instead if actually saying "you know what, we candy better then this"

I agree to some extent. I have the faith but I cant see those 'better' players wanting to come. McManus joined purely to get match fit and get back in the boro team. If a few clubs were trying to sign some good player lets say McManus and say a team like Derby wanted him, similar ambitions as us I wouldn't think he'd join us. I struggle to see what attracts big name signings to Bristol.

I agree to some extent. I have the faith but I cant see those 'better' players wanting to come. McManus joined purely to get match fit and get back in the boro team. If a few clubs were trying to sign some good player lets say McManus and say a team like Derby wanted him, similar ambitions as us I wouldn't think he'd join us. I struggle to see what attracts big name signings to Bristol.

I get where your coming from, but McManus I think....would be interested in joining us pre season if we stay up.

McInnes is a very respected young manager and has plenty of contacts within the game. I think you seriously under estimate his pulling power for decent players should we stay up.

A lot will depend on what money is available to spend come the summer.

I just have much more faithl in this manager bringing in the right players....then I ever did with Millen and Johnson

I get where your coming from, but McManus I think....would be interested in joining us pre season if we stay up.

McInnes is a very respected young manager and has plenty of contacts within the game. I think you seriously under estimate his pulling power for decent players should we stay up.

A lot will depend on what money is available to spend come the summer.

I just have much more faithl in this manager bringing in the right players....then I ever did with Millen and Johnson

Scotlands b team arriving shortly ;)

Not worth another year. A good game yeatersay but had generally a poor season.

How can you say that? He has been great when he has played. Did you not see the Southampton games at the Gate and St.Marys? Louis had Lambert is his pocket both games. GIVE HIM ANOTHER YEAR................ CITY THROUGH AND THROUGH.

+1 exactly this, yes we need a clear out but it should be of players who are not up to it. I would take Carey everyday over Nyatanga! If Del offers him a new deal then clearly he feels he can offer something. We do want to trim the wage bill but I seriously doubt his wages will be astronomical!

Not as much as James!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect Louis will get a contract for another year and Mr McInness will be the one to recommend it!

We need a hometown presence within our squad and we need experience as we bring players through. if louis wants to stay I would suggest a transition contract will be offered and the boy can make a decision about finding another club or staying here.

Lets face it we would have been buggered without him recently, particularly pertinent as the same threads were doing the rounds last season at this time and yesterday he played a blinder!

I suspect we could get him on another year as cheap as chips...So to speak!...How about a goal tomorrow Louis. It is Coventry you know!!

Archived