IGNORED

Captain Fantastic

bs3

Louis was fantastic again yesterday.

Give this man a new contract , every timed he played this season he as been one of our top preformer. If it wasn't for Gerkins heroics Louis would of been Man of th Match.

Technically skill full , he reads the game and he puts his body on the line time and time again.

This man is a true City legend and I hope he can still be part of City next season. Getting rid of Louis would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Give this man a new contract , every timed he played this season he as been one of our top preformer. If it wasn't for Gerkins heroics Louis would of been Man of th Match.

Technically skill full , he reads the game and he puts his body on the line time and time again.

This man is a true City legend and I hope he can still be part of City next season. Getting rid of Louis would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Couldn't agree more. The pace he once had may not be there, but he is 100% BCFC and still a classy player who has plenty to offer. Definitely worth another year.

Anyone that possibly can leave in the summer must do so. We need to start to play and to do that we need nothing but a total clear out.

Strange logic . Surely you get rid of players who do not feature in the Managers plan . You don't get rid of players just for the sake of it.

Morning Louis, hows the eye?

He was immense, but another year is not really an option. Although if he wants to take a pay cut or pay as you play deal.

Might be a few clamouring to say we should offer him a coaching position, although we don't know if he wants to coach or if the manager would want that.

Don't get me wrong here as I'm ecstatic we got the 3 points yesterday evening. But it was pure backs to the wall stuff where I think we couldve classed ourselves incredibly fortunate to have come away with 1 point let alone 3. We showed very little going forward, with zero creativity. On another day we'd of got dicked 4 nil. The amount of times we gave the ball away so needlessly was embarrassing. During the last 10 minutes at our local, there were comical cheers every time we pumped it back into Forests half. The lads dug in and fair play it's a vital 3 points, which Id take on Monday, but let's not go to overboard. Woolford continually gave the ball away and looked weak, tucking in even when we had possession. Foster continually launched the ball into path of the Forest centre halves time and time again. Carey was inspirational after the first 10 minutes but offering him a new deal would be ludicrous. We've the perfect opportunity to offload a number of below average 'performers' at the end of the season, players who may work there socks off yet are devoid of any real championship quality. If we lose on Monday, they'll be calls for Kilkenny or Pearson to be starting as they'll then become saviours. Cisse is the only consistent performer who deserves a fresh deal IMO.

Anyways bring on Monday and hopefully 3 more points in our target of 47.

Couldn't agree more. The pace he once had may not be there, but he is 100% BCFC and still a classy player who has plenty to offer. Definitely worth another year.

We need to make sure every penny we have available is utilised properly, and spent in strengthening the squad.

Louis, City legend yes....but it's time to say thank you very much for the memories, and for both parties to move on.

We need a whole new defence next year

We need to make sure every penny we have available is utilised properly, and spent in strengthening the squad.

Louis, City legend yes....but it's time to say thank you very much for the memories, and for both parties to move on.

We need a whole new defence next year

Surely it depends what league we are in?

His experience, would be sorely missed in league one, I'd defo keep him.

I'm in the Carey should get a new contract camp. Could be good back up and offer something to younger defenders coming in. Do we really want to lose the last bit of passion we have bar Jon Stead maybe? Look what's happened since we've lost Scotty, Orr, Basso.

All you lot moan about the players showing no passion yet want to get rid of one of the only ones that genuinely care about the club!

Carey was very fortunate not to get a yellow card within the first few mins of the game. He shoved a Coventry player in the back and gave away a needless free kick and then scythed through another shortly afterwards. I appreciate he was only stamping his pressence on the opposition but with a less tolerant ref could well have been penalised.

That said he put in a full shift along with the whole defence.

Carey was very fortunate not to get a yellow card within the first few mins of the game. He shoved a Coventry player in the back and gave away a needless free kick and then scythed through another shortly afterwards. I appreciate he was only stamping his pressence on the opposition but with a less tolerant ref could well have been penalised.

That said he put in a full shift along with the whole defence.

Some people would call that experience.

The vast majority of players will need to move on but, yes, keep Louis for another year on a contract related to games played. He was inspirational yesterday and heading must have been painful but he played through the pain barrier with complete commitment and he read the game well. One of the few players to try and keep possession as well rather than too much hoof. Centre halves can be at their best mid-thirties - look at the legendary former Arsenal defence of Adams, Winterburn, Dixon, Bould, Keown - all at their best in their thirties.

He generally brings out the best of whichever player is alongside him as well.

I think he should definitely be given another year, when he has came into the team this season he has performed admirably. By no means do I think we should be building our defence around him, but as a 4/5th choice centre half and somebody who can fill in at right back I think he certainly has a role to play at the club. It's not as if his wage demands will be high and he will accept a limited role in the team.

Also I think we should ask Ricky Lambert who gave him the most difficult time this season and I bet he will say Louis!

He should be let go, he has been a great servant to the club, but as many will know he has also been a rather negative influence when it comes to Player/backroom staff/management harmony. I am not sure how much credence should be given to his involvement in the behind the doors atmosphere at the club - but I for one would like to see a fresh broom and most / if not all the old guard swept away. What we have is not working, and does not look like it will work. Keep just a core of players and staff to get by and bring in fresh blood, the club is stagnating and needs a plan put in place to get us back on track.

Absolute warrior who will sweat blood for this club. Can never ever doubt his commitment. Yes we all know he isn't particularly quick anymore but he never really was in the first place! He shows time and time again that he doesn't need to be quick, he can read the game and is an out and out defender.

Peoples obsession with defenders having to be 'quick' on here is a little tiresome. Yes it helps, but if you can read the game and position yourself correctly like Louis often does, you will rarely get done for pace.

Foster is a great example, lightening pace but that doesn't mean he can defend. A defenders job first and foremost is to defend.

John Terry has never been quick, but defends well and his positioning is spot on.

I am all for Carey having another year perhaps under a pay as you play kind of deal? I personally can't see the harm in having a legend like him around the place for the youngsters like Wilson, Edwards, Ribs, Bryan etc to learn from. Fantastic example.

And for whatever criticism people may have of Louis, the most important thing is that when he plays he shows he can still hold his own.

Others would call it dopey.

He played a blinder. That Majewski lad is on fire at the moment and needed some close treatment early doors - classic defending. Had macca followed suit on that winger he could have had an easier afternoon. Carey did what he needed to do to stay in control and on top of his opponent. That is why is should be given another year.

Don't get me wrong here as I'm ecstatic we got the 3 points yesterday evening. But it was pure backs to the wall stuff where I think we couldve classed ourselves incredibly fortunate to have come away with 1 point let alone 3. We showed very little going forward, with zero creativity. On another day we'd of got dicked 4 nil. The amount of times we gave the ball away so needlessly was embarrassing. During the last 10 minutes at our local, there were comical cheers every time we pumped it back into Forests half. The lads dug in and fair play it's a vital 3 points, which Id take on Monday, but let's not go to overboard. Woolford continually gave the ball away and looked weak, tucking in even when we had possession. Foster continually launched the ball into path of the Forest centre halves time and time again. Carey was inspirational after the first 10 minutes but offering him a new deal would be ludicrous. We've the perfect opportunity to offload a number of below average 'performers' at the end of the season, players who may work there socks off yet are devoid of any real championship quality. If we lose on Monday, they'll be calls for Kilkenny or Pearson to be starting as they'll then become saviours. Cisse is the only consistent performer who deserves a fresh deal IMO.

Anyways bring on Monday and hopefully 3 more points in our target of 47.

Well summarised....we were incredibly fortunate to win yesterday...Carey and Gerken were as good as Foster and Woolford were abject...How Forest didnt win is beyond me..but hey ho thats a massive three points for us.

I cant believe we havent got better defenders than Foster in the Squad....Edwards, Ribeiro, Wilson, Bryan should all be getting a start ahead of Foster who perhaps should take up a sport where running is the key and doesnt involve a ball.

Carey is still quite simply the best defender we have..if we dont give him 12 month deal then another Championship club definately will.

Archived