IGNORED

Captain Fantastic

bs3

I get where your coming from, but McManus I think....would be interested in joining us pre season if we stay up.

McInnes is a very respected young manager and has plenty of contacts within the game. I think you seriously under estimate his pulling power for decent players should we stay up.

A lot will depend on what money is available to spend come the summer.

I just have much more faithl in this manager bringing in the right players....then I ever did with Millen and Johnson

It's nice to hear such positivity, Andy! :P

Agree with all you say though, I have a sneaky suspicion that McManus could find his way here come the start of next season if we avoid the drop!

It's nice to hear such positivity, Andy! :P

Agree with all you say though, I have a sneaky suspicion that McManus could find his way here come the start of next season if we avoid the drop!

Haha well I'll try to be as positive as I can.

The thing for me, is everything I wanted City to do two years ago behind the scenes, McInnes is starting to do now. For that, I commend him. I also commend the board for backing him and following his vision. I hope he is backed in the summer

Whether the change has come to late.....time will tell, but it's started....thank god.

If we stay up, and it's a big if....I trust this manager to take us forward and next season, will hopefully see us a little more stable in mid table.

I just want this club to move forward, and I want fans to stop being so sentimental when it comes to players or back room staff who unfortunately, as good a servant they have been to the club, must now move on so we can evolve and go to the next step.

The thing for me, is everything I wanted City to do two years ago behind the scenes, McInnes is starting to do now. For that, I commend him. I also commend the board for backing him and following his vision. I hope he is backed in the summer

Whether the change has come to late.....time will tell, but it's started....thank god.

If we stay up, and it's a big if....I trust this manager to take us forward and next season, will hopefully see us a little more stable in mid table.

I just want this club to move forward, and I want fans to stop being so sentimental when it comes to players or back room staff who unfortunately, as good a servant they have been to the club, must now move on so we can evolve and go to the next step.

You can do that regardless the player!

Completely agree with all of that, Though change for the sake of change is not what the doctor ordered, we must improve. I trust McInnes in whatever decision he makes with regard to keeping players etc, but I pray that one player at the club who he does tie down is Kalifa.

Louis Carey has been an OUTSTANDING player for our club. He was a formidable centre half yesterday and truly 'put his body on the line' - as he has done on countless occasions in the past. I'm desperately proud to have him in our team. A real City player. A city legend.

I would say give him another year long contract, if anything as we do have so many players out of contract holding onto 1 or 2 just incase we can't get first choice targets would be a good idea, we know Louis can cope at this level and would make decent back up to a new CB. It doesn't put as much pressure on us to go out and find a new CB for the hell of it in the summer and means Del (or whoever) can take time to get the quality they are looking for.

Carey was very fortunate not to get a yellow card within the first few mins of the game. He shoved a Coventry player in the back and gave away a needless free kick and then scythed through another shortly afterwards. I appreciate he was only stamping his pressence on the opposition but with a less tolerant ref could well have been penalised.

That said he put in a full shift along with the whole defence.

Thats what Louis does! Lost count of how many times he's looked lik getting sent off, it's experience. Pushs it to the very limit but knows when to stop

I'll just repeat my contribution to a 'dead thread' from yesterday.

I've been a critic of Carey's contract being renewed for this season and I stand by that. He recovered to have a fine game overall today after a very wayward first quarter of an hour when he could easily have been sent off, but he has shown nowhere near today's passion or quality in many other games.

Playing alongside the physical presence of Amougou, like McManus a genuine leader figure whose committed and uncompromising approach to the game visibly inspires his fellow defenders, probably suits him, and it will be great if Carey goes out on a high in what must surely be his final games for the club.

Today he relished the battle and improved as the game went on to show that at his very best he can still compete at this level, unfortunately we have seen this season, and last, that he can no longer produce this standard often enough.

No new contract, the overdue culling of this squad is vital and must be undertaken without sentiment this time.

I'll just repeat my contribution to a 'dead thread' from yesterday.

I've been a critic of Carey's contract being renewed for this season and I stand by that. He recovered to have a fine game overall today after a very wayward first quarter of an hour when he could easily have been sent off, but he has shown nowhere near today's passion or quality in many other games.

Playing alongside the physical presence of Amougou, like McManus a genuine leader figure whose committed and uncompromising approach to the game visibly inspires his fellow defenders, probably suits him, and it will be great if Carey goes out on a high in what must surely be his final games for the club.

Today he relished the battle and improved as the game went on to show that at his very best he can still compete at this level, unfortunately we have seen this season, and last, that he can no longer produce this standard often enough.

No new contract, the overdue culling of this squad is vital and must be undertaken without sentiment this time.

I'm not entirely which part of the highlighted section of this post is least accurate... Bloody hell.

Could have been sent off? Load of old tosh, if I referee sent him off for that there would have been uproar. He did the job of a centre half perfectly, letting the strikers know he was there early on and keeping them in his back pocket for the remainder of the game.

Lack of passion? there has been a case for him being named our best player in near enough every game he has been selected, obviously not all... everyone has bad games but Carey has been consistent.

Through gritted teeth you offer praise and yet have the cheek to lament my criticisms of Pitman despite my willingness to praise him when it is justified. Hypocrisy is rife here.

Coincidence then that his one bad tackle should come in the opening minutes of the game.

Actually i remember commenting at the time that the way he`d started he was a red card waiting to happen. Whether the blow to the eye calmed him down, who knows, A lot of pointers came from that game, The same old faces put their bodies on the line and the same old faces reinforced the opinions that they should be gone in the summer. Great result, we want another later.

PDG

i think he'd be an ideal defensive sub for next season,

IF hes cheap enough AND can stay fit and injury free. 3 big ifs there,

bringing in new players will cost extra millions unless there are other out of contract players, why would any of them choose us over those who nearly made it to the prem?

difficult isnt it but for security more than anything else,id offer him another year,

but then again would i?

can see both sides to this debate, im not so sure if its good or bad idea now

Not an easy decision for the club.

He's played in fewer than half our matches this season and the same last. He's not getting any swifter.

If we stay up I think the question has to be asked. Will he command a place in a Championship quality defence? In the GJ squads of our second and third seasons back he was the leader of a defence that leaked goals at key moments and threw away points at the end of matches. I'd say he's done well to last as long in the Championship as he has. For me it would a fond farewell...if we stay up.

If we don't stay up then much depends on the club strategy. If you were buying experienced players to go straight back up I'd still question his value, but if you were looking to build a new squad with younger players I'd say he'd be worth employing for his experience. Either way it would depend on what his wages came to.

Nothing can take away the contribution he's made but clearly his days are numbered.

Could have been sent off? Load of old tosh, if I referee sent him off for that there would have been uproar. He did the job of a centre half perfectly, letting the strikers know he was there early on and keeping them in his back pocket for the remainder of the game.

I would say that commitment and passion from Carey are top drawer, if only all players showed the same desire.we might not be where we are now. However his days of keeping anyone in his back-pocket are long gone (if they were ever there in the first place) - his lack of pace is a serious handicap despite what anyone says about reading the game - neither facets make a good defender in themselves, but lacking one of them isn't a good thing.

We are down to the bare bones defensively and Carey does what he can, so I've no complaints about him being in the team. But with three of four defenders (if Jamie M plays) having the pace of a snail does generally lead to the team sitting deeper so don't expect us to be pressing forward too much in the second half today unless we are losing.

I would say that commitment and passion from Carey are top drawer, if only all players showed the same desire.we might not be where we are now. However his days of keeping anyone in his back-pocket are long gone (if they were ever there in the first place) - his lack of pace is a serious handicap despite what anyone says about reading the game - neither facets make a good defender in themselves, but lacking one of them isn't a good thing.

We are down to the bare bones defensively and Carey does what he can, so I've no complaints about him being in the team. But with three of four defenders (if Jamie M plays) having the pace of a snail does generally lead to the team sitting deeper so don't expect us to be pressing forward too much in the second half today unless we are losing.

I assume you weren't at St Marys earlier in the season? I would be surprised if anybody has had ******** Lambert as successfully 'in their pocket' all season.

Archived