IGNORED

Mcinnes - Credit Where Credit's Due

LondonBristolian

Del's attracted a fair share of criticism over recent months - and to be fair performances and tactics maybe haven't been what they should have been on several occasions since Christmas - but he deserves a lot of credit for this weekend. To take a squad not really blessed with depth and rotate it to win two key games in less than 48 hours is a fine achievement.

We can't count our chickens yet - our run-in is tough and Coventry could conceivably pick up 6 or 7 points over their last 4 games (especially given their home fixtures are Donny and Millwall) but if we can beat Barnsley and get 2 or 3 points from the West Ham game and the two away games I reckon we should be there...

Lets not get carried away.

6 points.

Brilliant.

McInnes maybe the instigator - probably the players realising that the drop = less dosh = more effort.

Exactly right. We've seen in the last two game more determination and comittment than we've seen all season. No co-incidence that before the Forest game City were in the drop zone.

Role yer sleeves up time.......

Lets not get carried away.

6 points.

Brilliant.

McInnes maybe the instigator - probably the players realising that the drop = less dosh = more effort.

It's McInnes' job to pick and inspire the team to win. He did that 2 games in a row, credit to players and manager.

I would like to see Barnsley 'safe' by the time we play them, and Southampton needing a win to go up on the last day against Coventry, but maybe that is hoping to much! Two really difficult games now - if we go in to the last two games ahead of Coventry I will be happy. Fancy there are some twists and turns yet, but in a much better place than seemed possible just four days ago.

Lets be honest none of us would have expected 6 points before Saturday. Great results and well played by Derek. Nail bitting stuff but we had to be defensive against Forrest being away and bringing on Bolasie for Adomah today was class and at the perfect time (for obvious reasons).

Exactly right. We've seen in the last two game more determination and comittment than we've seen all season. No co-incidence that before the Forest game City were in the drop zone.

Role yer sleeves up time.......

Agreed but please let's be honest Gerken didn't really have to stretch himself at all today and make any saves comparable to the Forest game, I thought we carved out 5/6 decent chances but never had our long range shooting boots on.

Alrighty ya bunch of red nosed cider suppers. Another great result especially after going behind early on. The momentum is now with ya and hopefully between the management team and yer players the belief is there that BCFC are good enough to remain in the Championship. It has seemed recently that a few had "lost the faith"..

19,000 at AG today shows the potential.. Keep the faith and all will be fine ( probably only just) but that'll do for this year..

The other thing I was just looking at is that had BCFC continued to accrue points at the same level as pre- Del, you would now be on the grand total of 19 points.

Had he started the season at BCFC based on his record so far, you would have had 53 points, which would have had you guys well safe ( and that would be with the bunch of underachievers you have in yer squad).

So really, the guys doing a pretty sterling job..

Just thought I would add my tuppence worth as I am a wee bit bored at the moment. All this thought of European football next season ( and possibly even Champions league footie) for Saints is so boring :laugh:... :-)

Good luck for the remaining games ..

A fantastic weekend for sure, 6 points I could never of foreseen it, but I cannot get too carried away with it. The manager has had 32 games to get us out of this mess with plenty of his loan or permanent signings coming in.

He has shown me nothing to suggest he will ever be a success here, just another cheap appointment.

People who say he should be given a pre season and a summer to build his own team echo the Millen fan club of last year, I say whether we stay up or go down, let's invest in a quality manager who can get a team to entertain and score goals regularly.

A fantastic weekend for sure, 6 points I could never of foreseen it, but I cannot get too carried away with it. The manager has had 32 games to get us out of this mess with plenty of his loan or permanent signings coming in.

He has shown me nothing to suggest he will ever be a success here, just another cheap appointment.

People who say he should be given a pre season and a summer to build his own team echo the Millen fan club of last year, I say whether we stay up or go down, let's invest in a quality manager who can get a team to entertain and score goals regularly.

You are clueless.

He's came in with the task of keeping us up this season which he is on course to do. What did you expect from this season? Play-offs? If so you are deluded.

Didn't expect play offs, not even mid to upper half, but I did expect to see a manager to come in and get us to play a bit of decent football instead of boring the hell out of us. It's no wonder the atmosphere is so flat and the crowds have been dwindling.

If his task was to keep us up as you say and he fails, do you feel we should stick with him. IF so, what would your reasons be?

Didn't expect play offs, not even mid to upper half, but I did expect to see a manager to come in and get us to play a bit of decent football instead of boring the hell out of us. It's no wonder the atmosphere is so flat and the crowds have been dwindling.

If his task was to keep us up as you say and he fails, do you feel we should stick with him. IF so, what would your reasons be?

You don't stay up by playing pretty football. He'll keep us up this season and do HIS thing next season with HIS players.

Alrighty ya bunch of red nosed cider suppers. Another great result especially after going behind early on. The momentum is now with ya and hopefully between the management team and yer players the belief is there that BCFC are good enough to remain in the Championship. It has seemed recently that a few had "lost the faith"..

19,000 at AG today shows the potential.. Keep the faith and all will be fine ( probably only just) but that'll do for this year..

The other thing I was just looking at is that had BCFC continued to accrue points at the same level as pre- Del, you would now be on the grand total of 19 points.

Had he started the season at BCFC based on his record so far, you would have had 53 points, which would have had you guys well safe ( and that would be with the bunch of underachievers you have in yer squad).

So really, the guys doing a pretty sterling job..

Just thought I would add my tuppence worth as I am a wee bit bored at the moment. All this thought of European football next season ( and possibly even Champions league footie) for Saints is so boring :laugh:... :-)

Good luck for the remaining games ..

nice to hear from you again Jim, you were spot on - " we always belive " honest

If we go down we should keep him as in the summer 75% of the squad will be gone and he will sign his own team, change alot more things and lets not forget he is a young manager and this is only his second job, I said this when we appointed him and I still believe this that he will go on to be a great manager for this club. We cant attract big name managers and I'd prefer go down the route we have with a young manager who's trying to boost his name in the game.

If we go down we should keep him as in the summer 75% of the squad will be gone and he will sign his own team, change alot more things and lets not forget he is a young manager and this is only his second job, I said this when we appointed him and I still believe this that he will go on to be a great manager for this club. We cant attract big name managers and I'd prefer go down the route we have with a young manager who's trying to boost his name in the game.

Hope your right Brizzle, and not just a young manager trying to boost his name in the game like Tinnion and Millen.

I have just not seen anything apart from a bore fest from him so far, and considering he has had three quarters of the season I feel he could be doing better.

Del go it spot on. Took full advantage of the fact that Cov have got such a small squad and freshened things up again. As all could see it made a big difference at the end. They looked done in and we were as fresh as you like. He'll turn out to be some manager. We are lucky to have him.

Exactly! Suprised the sh1t out of me. However for the first time I actually thought smart move! Well done Derek McInness some faith restored with 4 to go...Birmingham might be fun!!

I have lost confidence with Del over last few weeks to be honest - but cannot fault him today. No one predicted such big changes to the starting line up,and boy has he delivered ! Fantastic management and trust in the squad as a whole. Regardless of what happens this season he is the man to lead us next year- inspirational second half with substitutions at the right time- absolutely loved it !

I think the other positive thing about Derek using so many of the players over the two Easter games ins that they are now all involved. So often under Millen players seemed to be frozen out. Now we have 17 players who have played a part in the achievements of the last weekend...that gives them some stake in not wanting to let it slip in the forthcoming matches. Good management. All I expect from McInnes this season is for him to keep us in the championship If he doesn't let's look for another manager. If he does then he deserves to be given the chance to build a team that can challenge at the top end of the division.

We did!

His name was Coppell, and we're still paying for it!

The manager has had 32 games using, with the odd exception, the lack of quality accumulated over the last 4 years. Too many hard working but ultimately unskilled players and as for the loan players, maybe no more than 2 in the side at any one time. NOT ENOUGH TO MAJORLY IMPROVE A POOR SQUAD.

Get it into your head, this is NOT MILLEN who as a defender all his life, couldn't even get us to defend properly - this is a bloke who has played for Rangers who regularly featured in the champions league in his time. We will NOT see the dross football of the last 4 years but instead, the entertaining/goalscoring team that you and I both want.

He's had inferior quality material to try and make the best of up to now but as you may have noticed this week, the last of the old guard are making way for the new breed so give the bloke a ******* break and just maybe, you might have a nice surprise...

Interesting points, I completely disagree but you are entitled to your opinion.

I think you have to understand the mess Bristol City Football Club had got itself into over the past 10 years. Yes Gary Johnson did very well getting us into the Championship after years in the lower divisions however we consistantly thrown money away on a number of things:

• Changing Managers - Not only paying off managers but being stuck with their expensive mistakes
  • The Academy - Loads have been written about the lack of Academy players coming through, we'll hopefully this will be changing soon, as we've applied for Category 2 Academy Status which should mean the best youngsters will come to us to be nurtured in the correct way, that brings me onto the next and probably the most important change under Derek, the Coaches.
  • Coaching staff - for so long it's been a job for the boys down here, we've had Alan Walsh, Keith Millen, Gary Owers etc etc. They get the 'coaching' jobs not because they're any good but because they used to play for us!! What is that about. Thankfully Derek is being allowed to bring in his own people, people that will hopefully enhance the squad and get them playing entertainig football and not just be allowed to go through the motions every day.

We all know the numbers of out of contract players, well I think, if we survive this season I can see him being quite ruthless in retaining very few of the currently squad, I think he knows what/who he wants. I also think he would prefer to play 442 and be entertaining but I don't being 6 points adrift at the bottom of the league (as he was when he arrived) would allow him to consider 'entertainment' to be a high priority.

Interesting times ahead but to say 'let's invest in a quality manager who can get a team to entertain and score goals regularly' is abit unfair. Let's give this guy a chance, he could be the answer to all our prayers!

praying%20smiley.gif

People seem to forget, when he came on board we were 6 points adrift and looked dead and burried. If he keeps us up, then he has done a remarkable job. Full credit to him!

Archived