IGNORED

Some People Need To Open Their Eyes....

I had no problem with him while he was here, he signed a 4 year contract and that was it.

He didn't have to sign another one.

The problem I do have is, he supposedly said he would only go to a prem club and then went to West Ham. Then he came out and rubbished Bristol,the accent, and these "claims" of bottles thrown at his family.

If these claims had any truth in them I'm sure the club would have made US aware of them.

I dont think he will get on the pitch on Tuesday, he was taken off at HT when they played last week and didn't play one minute v Brighton.

I just think we should give every Wham player shite!

Heres a question :

If Maynard didn't join West Ham and stayed with us until the end of the season where would we be now ? Better or Worst Off ?

If he showed some desire it could of been better. But 99% of me says we are better off without him now. At least we have players up front who are now giving there all and showing that desire.

Heres a question :

If Maynard didn't join West Ham and stayed with us until the end of the season where would we be now ? Better or Worst Off ?

If we would of kept Maynard based on his performances this season we would have been down by now.

We gave him a chance in this league when others wouldn't take the risk, spending a lot of money

He strolled off on a skiing holiday in the summer, knowing full-well, that he shouldn't. Therefore he missed the first 5/6 months of the season.

We gave him time & rehabilitated him back

He never said either way on signing a new contract. If he wanted to go then fair enough, he just never said this so we rejected offers hoping he'd sign when it's clear now that he never had the intention of doing so

His attitude in the last few months of our season was a disgrace

Couldn't have put it better

Football supporters are, generally, worse than a dumped teenage girl when it comes to ex-players.

The players can't win of course. Say that you won't be signing a new contract (Thorpe) and you get grief for the duration of your final year. Say that negotiations are ongoing and you get grief when you don't sign (Maynard). I suppose the way to go is the Akinbiyi route, pretend you are staying whilst engineering a move in private.

I don't have a problem with the effort Maynard put in, he is after all still our top scorer this season. Once his family started getting abuse you couldn't have faulted him if he'd pretended to get an injury, but that didn't happen.

That would be the abuse that suddenly crawled out of the woodwork about the same time that Nicky 'can't win' Maynard signed a lucrative contract at the 'premier league' club that he said he was 'only' going to sign for, because he didn't want his son growing up speaking with a Bristolian accent, does that about sum things up?.

Way I see it, all these Maynard haters r clearly jealous as they make the effort to post criticism of him on here!

Jealous of what, that he has a crap load of money in the bank and probably earns more in a week than I do in a year, yeah I am.

Jealous that he now has to live in crappy London, and named his child after a borough there - nope!

Jealous that he's ashamed of the accent of the club who gave him his big break - nope!

Stead has shown more commitment for this club in his little finger than Maynard did as he ambled aimlessly about the pitch during his last few months here.

Jealous of what, that he has a crap load of money in the bank and probably earns more in a week than I do in a year, yeah I am.

Jealous that he now has to live in crappy London, and named his child after a borough there - nope!

Jealous that he's ashamed of the accent of the club who gave him his big break - nope!

Stead has shown more commitment for this club in his little finger than Maynard did as he ambled aimlessly about the pitch during his last few months here.

Well put Dolly sums up exactly how i feel about his final moments at OUR club...

Archived