IGNORED

Some People Need To Open Their Eyes....

agree with the OP. I think the main thing to blame for Nicky leaving is the club for never replacing Copell straight away. last two seasons we have been nowhere near the play offs and have been going backwards.

Although Maynard has got to hope West Ham don't go up as SA will just buy another 5 strikers if they do go up and Maynard end up being loaned to a top 12 championship team.

Still if we stay up and we are rebuilding next season I don't think we'll do better than top 12 not being negative but truthful. Though you never!

As far as I am concerned, he is simply an opposing player, that I hope has a bad game. I will save most of my energy for those wearing red.

Mind you, if he missed a deciding penalty in the last moment, that would be a nice bonus!

I would prefer it to be a point saving penalty that he misses.

Just a few points for the OP.

1. I have no problem with him wanting to leave - he was never going to stay at Bristol City for the rest of his career and was always likely to move to "further his career"

2. He said he "loved the club" - but he did'nt

3. Made up stories about fans abusing his family at games - but this was never witnessed by anyone at city, nor reported to club.

4. Made a jibe about the bristolian accent.

5. In the summer he could have said he wants to leave - could have saved us and him the distraction and we both could have had a better season.

6. I agree, he had piss poor service - but he cant use that excuse for this season, because its always been the case and he's still managed good perfomances and goals.

7. He could learn alot from Jon Stead - in terms of effort, passion and enthusiasm. Has only has cleverly pointed out - he was has dry as an arabs dap - whereas stead comes accross like he's one of us.

8. Maynard deserves abuse - solely for the way he left - not because he left. He is a talented player - but less players will be remembered more fondly than maynard - his relationship with the fans was non-existent and he was an arse when he left.

Just a few points for the OP.

1. I have no problem with him wanting to leave - he was never going to stay at Bristol City for the rest of his career and was always likely to move to "further his career"

2. He said he "loved the club" - but he did'nt

3. Made up stories about fans abusing his family at games - but this was never witnessed by anyone at city, nor reported to club.

4. Made a jibe about the bristolian accent.

5. In the summer he could have said he wants to leave - could have saved us and him the distraction and we both could have had a better season.

6. I agree, he had piss poor service - but he cant use that excuse for this season, because its always been the case and he's still managed good perfomances and goals.

7. He could learn alot from Jon Stead - in terms of effort, passion and enthusiasm. Has only has cleverly pointed out - he was has dry as an arabs dap - whereas stead comes accross like he's one of us.

8. Maynard deserves abuse - solely for the way he left - not because he left. He is a talented player - but less players will be remembered more fondly than maynard - his relationship with the fans was non-existent and he was an arse when he left.

Just want to get you on this point, they weren't made up, go back to the coventry away thread where people on here are slating some of our fans for what they werre saying about maynard and his family

Just want to get you on this point, they weren't made up, go back to the coventry away thread where people on here are slating some of our fans for what they werre saying about maynard and his family

The only story I can remember - was that he was getting abuse and his mum happened to be in the crowd and said something back.

Thats tough shit considering the situation at the time - created by himself.

I'm sure 99.9% of fans would'nt know what is mother looks like.

I see the Maynard myth is back in here. the lack of service excuse is utter bollocks. I have never seen a player miss so many 1on1s.

Its not a myth, he got very little service.

Most of his goals were outside the box.... because he used to make goals out of nothing - he stopped doing that this season... he was clearly wanted to leave and went missing.

The only story I can remember - was that he was getting abuse and his mum happened to be in the crowd and said something back.

Thats tough shit considering the situation at the time - created by himself.

I'm sure 99.9% of fans would'nt know what is mother looks like.

I also found this strange at the time.

Surely if his mum had of been at the Cov Game, she would have been sat in the players guest area? now I don't know where that is at Cov, but I would be pretty safe in saying that its not anywhere near the away fans end, where I was sat.

the game shouldn't be about Maynard anyway we should give him a bit of stick yes but shouldn't vent at him completely as he'll only raise his game and score,

Not necessarily. It depends how he reacts to criticism. Some thrive off of abuse and do well, others shrink with intimidation and bottle it. I would not be surprised at all to see Maynard fall into the latter category.

Not necessarily. It depends how he reacts to criticism. Some thrive off of abuse and do well, others shrink with intimidation and bottle it. I would not be surprised at all to see Maynard fall into the latter category.

May I remind you of liecester away when he got abuse and put in a match winning performance

May I remind you of liecester away when he got abuse and put in a match winning performance

I was at that game and can't really recall him receiving much abuse? That was certainly his best game for us this season, even if he did miss a penalty...again. The level of hostility he'll receive Tuesday night will certainly be a lot more intense than his trip to the King Power.

Its not a myth, he got very little service.

It is a myth. Let's compare his stats to the player who I think is most similar to him in this division.

League Only:

Maynard

08-09 Shots 69 Goals 11 Shots per game 1.60

09-10 Shots 87 Goals 20 Shots per game 2.07

10-11 Shots 19 Goals 6 Shots per game 1.46

11-12 Shots 55 Goals 8 Shots per game 2.03

Chopra

08-09 Shots 41 Goals 9 Shots per game 1.52

09-10 Shots 83 Goals 18 Shots per game 1.89

10-11 Shots 43 Goals 9 Shots per game 1.26

11-12 Shots 54 Goals 14 Shots per game 1.26

It is a myth. Let's compare his stats to the player who I think is most similar to him in this division.

League Only:

Maynard

Chopra

How many of both players shots were in the box. Maynards would mostly be outside the box - whereas, most of chopras would have been inside the box....

League Only:

Maynard

Chopra

This proves nothing. Chopra could have had far more one-on-ones than Maynard. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it is the case and Maynard has missed a lot of sitters in the box (as well as scoring plenty of screamers outside of it) which makes him such a strange player but these stats show nothing in relation to clear-cut chances.

Riaz, the stats don't break it down that far. But let's say what you're saying is true. What that shows is that Maynard wil not have made the best use of the ball when he received it. Chopra will have been linking up play in order to get himself into a better more dangerous position, so that when he gets a second touch it is closer to goal. If Maynard doesn't do that and shots immediately it's a reflection of him as a player who had no championship experience and isn't developed enough to construct a situation where he is more likely to score. It's not a lack of service, it's poor use of the service he was given. That is an entirely different thing and no fault of the rest of the team.

The point at which I lost all respect for him was when he said he didn't want his child growing up with a Bristolian accent. So we're good enough to pay his wages for years, but you don't want him mixing with any of us in case he ends up talking like one of us.

I for one am bloody proud of my accent, and would challenge anyone who decided to mock it, which is what he basically did.

Couldnt agree more, my great grand-dad was Lord Mayor of Bristol, an ex South Liberty Lane Miner and apparently had the richest bemmie accent possible, I too went into the RAF and got a commission, even with my Bristol accent, which I was told was a 'lovely' accent to hear ( as opposed to all the plummy ones !) so what he said was totally out of order and an insult to my heritage. Will rightly get stick from me tomorrow from the Williams :punish:

City of London City Of Westminster Kensington And Chelsea Hamersmith and Fulham Wandsworth Lamberth Southwark Tower Hamlets Hackney Islington Camden Brent Ealing Hounslow

Richmond upon Thames Kingston upon Thames Merton Sutton Croyden Bromley Lewisham Greenwich Bexley Havering Barking and Dagenham Redbridge Newham Waltham Forset Haringey Enfield Barnet Harrow Hillingdon Maynard

Archived