IGNORED

Martin Atkinson.

CityCiderEd

Mr Atkinson,today you completely ruined what should have been a fantastic game of football.As soon as I saw you were the ref today I just knew Spurs would be in trouble.Every big game you ref there is always a bad decision that completely changes the outcome of the game usually to Spurs detriment.How can the FA hope to get respect for referees when you guessed the decision in todays game when it was patently obvious that you could not see it.Judging by the reaction of the Chelsea players surely you must have thought your decision was wrong but no,not you,just ran away and changed the course of the game.Definitely one of the poorest refs in the Premier League and about time you were sacked for good.

Mr Atkinson,today you completely ruined what should have been a fantastic game of football.As soon as I saw you were the ref today I just knew Spurs would be in trouble.Every big game you ref there is always a bad decision that completely changes the outcome of the game usually to Spurs detriment.How can the FA hope to get respect for referees when you guessed the decision in todays game when it was patently obvious that you could not see it.Judging by the reaction of the Chelsea players surely you must have thought your decision was wrong but no,not you,just ran away and changed the course of the game.Definitely one of the poorest refs in the Premier League and about time you were sacked for good.

what do you think score will be tuesday mate

Interesting, I didn't know that Mr Atkinson read this forum.

Surprised how passionate some of our (BCFC) fans can get about their 'adopted' Premiercheat teams.

Perhaps it is an age thing but this NEVER used to happen in the 60, 70s, it seems they are more passionate about Manure, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham etc, etc than the club they are supposed to be supporting.

BCAGFC

People are calling for goal line technology etc but people are missing the point. A ref in a game of that importance and from the position he was in should never have got that wrong. If he needs help getting that right then he shouldn't be anywhere near a whistle. He just guessed. Shocking. What annoyed me was the way he gave it so quickly, as if he was thinking he was being really assertive and that he would receive endless praise for it. Absolutely shocking.

Surprised how passionate some of our (BCFC) fans can get about their 'adopted' Premiercheat teams.

Perhaps it is an age thing but this NEVER used to happen in the 60, 70s, it seems they are more passionate about Manure, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham etc, etc than the club they are supposed to be supporting.

BCAGFC

+1. Great shout.

BCAGFC

It gets quite embarrassing in the DEH when manure are on the telly. The roar in there puts the minimal to shame

Same. I can understand why people like/follow other teams, but I could never care about another team like I do city.

Ofcourse, Bristol City is my bread and butter. Real Madrid are just a team I have grew up with a big interest in and it's so exciting at the minute with City 4 points above relegation and Madrid 4 points above Barca. Hopefully they can win at Bayern tuesday night!

If you lot think you can do a better job refereeing an fa cup semi final in font of 90000 people, then why don't you get qualified and do it? If spurs didn't let the other 4 goals in they could complain about it. Players cheat and Dive all the time, but when someone does it to your club, then everyone goes mental.

And that is the whole point.

A game of that magnitude and he just guessed that a goal had been scored - there is no way on this eath that he could have been sure. Absolutely shocking decision.

That should be his last game as a referee of a professional football match.

Exactly. He had the perfect view, it was a complete guess. Whats the point in goal line tech if ref's can't get the basics right?

And let's not forget that this was the same ref who didn't punish Balotelli for his stamp on Song last week, then prevented the FA from taking retrospective action by saying he saw it!

Wow really? Again, call for goal line tech all you like, but he is clearly just not good enough to officiate at the top level!

I honestly couldnt give a flying about any other team. I don't get emotional about other teams (bar England who I watch at every home game). I don't understand people having a few teams, to me it;s just not right. I'm Bristolian, I'm a proud Bristolian and Bristol City is my team. End of

I honestly couldnt give a flying about any other team. I don't get emotional about other teams (bar England who I watch at every home game). I don't understand people having a few teams, to me it;s just not right. I'm Bristolian, I'm a proud Bristolian and Bristol City is my team. End of

Spot on. City and England for me every day of the week.

Was he at blame for the other 85 goals?

BCAGFC

Who said anything about being passionate about an adopted team.I like Spurs purely because of they way they play the game but have been a city fan since the 60's.I never go to watch Spurs but will see them when they play a televised match.The point I was trying to make is what an awful referee Atkinson is and has been all season.Remember he could be officiating one of our games in the future and I dread the thought.Anyway,hope that puts the record straight and remember Bristol City are my team,not my life.

I think the decision Spurs will regret the most was to not bring it back for the foul on Adebayor and send Cech off. That should have been brought back for the penalty and Chelsea should have been down to 10. I don't think the game would have ended the way it did had that happened.

Atkinson had a mare.

I think the decision Spurs will regret the most was to not bring it back for the foul on Adebayor and send Cech off. That should have been brought back for the penalty and Chelsea should have been down to 10. I don't think the game would have ended the way it did had that happened.

Atkinson had a mare.

I have got to say Cech was lucky.

The picture is inconclusive imo, however that was almost the exact view the ref had so you can see why he thought it was over.

Either way I dont care much, just thought i would add my two penneth

I find it funny.

Arrogant spurs fans and their mind the gap t-shirts.

Let's not forget that Chelsea beat them by four, and no matter how much Spurs fans will argue this decision cost them the game, that's utter tosh and just a feeble excuse for being completely played off the park.

Archived