IGNORED

Martin Atkinson.

CityCiderEd

So you make an excuse for the linesman but go and slate thre ref,

Sorry Jorden you are wrong, The lineo could of buzzed the ref and said sorry Martin I think your wrong but he didn't

How many times have you been at ashton gate seen an offside given and say thats no way offside only to see it on the tele later to see the ref's right,

The ref's get no support or help and the match suffers because of it, just look at players reaction on Twitter, alot of them said shock call but the ref's job is hard enough they need help,

Until help is given this is going to continue to happen dragging ref's through hot coals is only going to make things worse then they already are, the FA need to do something and they should ignore FiFA nad UEFA and install it off their own backs, you will then see some consistancy

while we're at it the players are also to blame how many said sorry ref that didn't go in, none same with man u and Ashley "Wind knocked me of balance" Young, his diving got man u a pen match over but he should get retrospective punishment for it like players do when a tackle goes unpunished,

Help the refs for god sake

Christ alive! Look at the pictures... it's impossible for the Linesman to say anything as he simply cannot see the ball.. He doesn't have xray vision ffs!

Like I said, it's fine for people to miss things. I accept referee's are human, they make mistakes but they should NEVER EVER make a call unless they've actually witnessed it. Guesswork is criminal in such an important game. I would rather see a goal that was, missed than a goal that wasn't, given. Every time.

The ball didn't cross the line. The referee (as the person who gave the goal) therefore made it up. simple as that. nothing else is really relevant.

The whole ball has to be over the line and there it clearly isn't.

Very, very close though & an excusable decision IMO.

Goal line technology needs to be brought in ASAP..........also retrospective 10 game bans for Ashley 'Tom Daley' Young incidents.

Arguably divers have as much impact on a game as goals that are/aren't given.

And I certainly don't want Young or any divers representing my country at the euros in the summer.....disgusting behaviour.

BCAGFC

Very, very close though & an excusable decision IMO.

Goal line technology needs to be brought in ASAP..........also retrospective 10 game bans for Ashley 'Tom Daley' Young incidents.

Arguably divers have as much impact on a game as goals that are/aren't given.

BCAGFC

I agree. 3 things that need to be sorted: Goal line technology, diving punishments and the offside rule.

Goal Line technology should be brought in as we all know, diving should result in a 5 game ban and the offside rule should go back to the old way, if you're offside you are offside. Then the game would be even more brilliant whilst there would still be things to discuss down the pub.

What we don't want is technology getting involved in offside calls though otherwise what would be the point in having officials.

The whole ball has to be over the line and there it clearly isn't.

Christ alive! Look at the pictures... it's impossible for the Linesman to say anything as he simply cannot see the ball.. He doesn't have xray vision ffs!

Like I said, it's fine for people to miss things. I accept referee's are human, they make mistakes but they should NEVER EVER make a call unless they've actually witnessed it. Guesswork is criminal in such an important game. I would rather see a goal that was, missed than a goal that wasn't, given. Every time.

The ball didn't cross the line. The referee (as the person who gave the goal) therefore made it up. simple as that. nothing else is really relevant.

Using my eyes - the whole ball is clearly over the line - with a inch or so spare.

I can totally see why the ref made his decision. Neither do I blame the linesman for not giving it - as jordan says, impossible for him to see it.

Using my eyes - the whole ball is clearly over the line - with a inch or so spare.

I can totally see why the ref made his decision.

Your eyes are iffy then, the whole ball is nowhere near over the line. Referee has simply guessed, he's admitted to Harry he got it wrong which is fair enough as that is more than most referee's do.

Your eyes are iffy then, the whole ball is nowhere near over the line. Referee has simply guessed, he's admitted to Harry he got it wrong which is fair enough as that is more than most referee's do.

Nothing wrong with my eyes - AT ALL.

Ledley Kings left arm is on the line and the ball is beyond that.

The ref had a few split seconds to make the call - and he got it right IMO.

it doesn't even look close to being completely over the line. The picture on the TV from the GOAL LINE proved it NEVER WENT IN. John Terry has admitted it didn't go in, the national Press has reported it wasn't over the line and the Referee has apologised for getting it wrong.

WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU NEED?!

Yet you are calling it a bad call as you have seen it from the goal line THE REF WASN'T ON THE GOAL LINE NOR DID HE SEE A TV REPLAY FROM HIS ANGLE IT LOOKED IN AND HE MADE THE CALL

he had 3 seconds to make the call no replay no different angles no nothing if the ball had gone over theline and he didn't give the goal you would be on here sprouting the same shit about the ref,

Its a 50/50 call he got wrong he's admitted he got it wrong and said sorry what more do you want the ref to do? he gets no help and gets paid very little compared to the pampered pro's of this game,

Help the ref's not hinder them

Jesus Christ.

You need a lesson in angles. You also need to watch the bloody angle that is definitive.

I'm absolutely certain you're wumming.

Yet you are calling it a bad call as you have seen it from the goal line THE REF WASN'T ON THE GOAL LINE NOR DID HE SEE A TV REPLAY FROM HIS ANGLE IT LOOKED IN AND HE MADE THE CALL

he had 3 seconds to make the call no replay no different angles no nothing if the ball had gone over theline and he didn't give the goal you would be on here sprouting the same shit about the ref,

Its a 50/50 call he got wrong he's admitted he got it wrong and said sorry what more do you want the ref to do? he gets no help and gets paid very little compared to the pampered pro's of this game,

Help the ref's not hinder them

What I want him to do is be certain before making a huge call.

He guessed, as is proved. That's disgraceful. He should have said "I can't be sure" no goal. Nobody can have a problem with that. At all.

Jesus Christ.

You need a lesson in angles. You also need to watch the bloody angle that is definitive.

but if your slagging the ref off you can only use the ref's angle as its not fair to use other angles he did not have the luxury of using

ITV showed a replay after the game which wasn't a real image but the ball and the goal were in the same place and the ball hadn't crossed the line. You must be the only person in football he thinks that was a goal.

What I want him to do is be certain before making a huge call.

He guessed, as is proved. That's disgraceful. He should have said "I can't be sure" no goal. Nobody can have a problem with that. At all.

its not disgraceful its a honest mistake that you are completely over reacting too I can only draw from your reaction that you are a spurs fan,

The lost 5-1 and spurs fans are using a honest mistake to plaster over the fact that they were shit and couldn't defend to save there lifes, or as I like to call it The Bristol City school of Defending

Jesus Christ.

Oh **** off you geeky little ****.

Angles, shapes or anything mathematical are actually my strong point. Seeing the two photos on here I'm convinced it was over the line.

I am totally neutral - dont support any premershit team - and i'm entitled to my opinion - as you are.

So please - cut the bollox out - just because you dont agree.

but if your slagging the ref off you can only use the ref's angle as its not fair to use other angles he did not have the luxury of using

It's irrelevant really, the ball didn't cross the line. Doesn't matter which way you look at it, that's ge fact of the matter. If the ball hasnt crossed the line then the ref has made it up.

It's a bad decision. Very bad. End.

ITV showed a replay after the game which wasn't a real image but the ball and the goal were in the same place and the ball hadn't crossed the line. You must be the only person in football he thinks that was a goal.

I saw that replay - but is it possible that the angle was'nt great and/or what they showed was a few seconds after?? I certainly want to see that replay again.

It's irrelevant really, the ball didn't cross the line. Doesn't matter which way you look at it, that's ge fact of the matter. If the ball hasnt crossed the line then the ref has made it up.

Right, lets simplify this then. Do you agree, that at least some of the ball was over the line?

yes it was a bad call not disgraceful as you put it but bad an honest mistake as Arry said

My first thought was that some part of the ball crossed the line but not all of it. It looks as though I was right

Therefore, Atkinson, given his angle and the speed of it all - can be forgiven for thinking it was over the line

Archived