IGNORED

Bristol City Vs West Ham - Match Thread

BcfcLamb

Brilliant result.

My only worry is that, whilst Coventry don't look like they have a hope in hell of getting 6 points from the last two matches on current form, I'd have said the same about is just before Easter... So I would like us to get the win against the Barnsley to make it all certain.

But that aside I can barely wipe the smile off my face!

Listening to sky sports, thought we were outplayed by whu and were hanging on. Looking at bbc text they only had 12 shots to our 7, maybe Merson was over reacting?

Ah, but don't forget that WHU are a Big Club, so the media love them.

I still think Barnsley is our must win game. Can see one of Coventry or Portsmouth winning both their final games - and I don't see us drawing both of our final two. Having said that we're in a far better position now than 3 hours ago!

I still think Barnsley is our must win game. Can see one of Coventry or Portsmouth winning both their final games - and I don't see us drawing both of our final two. Having said that we're in a far better position now than 3 hours ago!

To be honest, our new found determination ( why it hasnt been here all season i dont know ), will get us over the line.

If we dont settle into the bad old ways of thinking weve done it then we can beat Barnsley. Tbh i dont even think Cov or Pompey will pick up 6 points so i reckon we have enough already.

Anyway, 3 points to secure it boys!!!

To be honest, our new found determination ( why it hasnt been here all season i dont know ), will get us over the line.

If we dont settle into the bad old ways of thinking weve done it then we can beat Barnsley. Tbh i dont even think Cov or Pompey will pick up 6 points so i reckon we have enough already.

Anyway, 3 points to secure it boys!!!

My heart is telling me we have enough but my brain says we're not safe yet. If we carry on the way we've been playing, there's no reason we can't end up above Barnsley and Forest. Bring on Saturday!! We deserve to stay up after our fight over the past few weeks.

Just home from the game.

West Ham battered us for 90% of it, but we have found a new fighting spirit that could/should keep us up!

What a time to go on a mini run

Boro away 1-1

Derby home 1-1

Forest away 0-1

Coventry home 3-1

Brum away 2-2

West Ham home 1-1

Another win sat against Barnsley and we stay in the Championship

Well done lads apart from giving me close to a heart attack

You think Coventry can win at Southampton ?

They'll struggle against Doncaster let alone stay within 2 goals of Southampton. They're down.

Pompey are quite capable of beating Derby at home and Forest away - but we are more than capable of getting results against Barnsley and Burnley.

It aint over, but its close.

I've got a feeling that we'll be celebrating on saturday.

Blimey, you feeling alright? Cynic predicts a positive outcome!

You think Coventry can win at Southampton ?

They'll struggle against Doncaster let alone stay within 2 goals of Southampton. They're down.

Pompey are quite capable of beating Derby at home and Forest away - but we are more than capable of getting results against Barnsley and Burnley.

It aint over, but its close.

I've got a feeling that we'll be celebrating on saturday.

I'm coming back to Bristol for the game on Saturday and I'm going to shout myself hoarse. This could be one of the great days in our recent history, we can do it.

Now now, behave.

I'm being realistic.

I do have some questions such as - why did it take so long for this group of players to decide to be professional in what they do ? Nothing to do with the prospect of being out on their ear maybe ?

But I'll leave that till later, not the time to lay into the shites now.

You know it's tongue and cheek pal, I genuinely think it's because they know it's shit or bust.

It is a fair point to ask, when the season is over (to repeat the BBC commentators comments during the Bham match) "why on earth are Bristol City in this position in the league".

To many fans had to pay good money to watch utter rubbish for to many games. However, hopefully that debate can now be held as a Championship side, with a side that is seemingly coming together.

It is a fair point to ask, when the season is over (to repeat the BBC commentators comments during the Bham match) "why on earth are Bristol City in this position in the league".

To many fans had to pay good money to watch utter rubbish for to many games. However, hopefully that debate can now be held as a Championship side, with a side that is seemingly coming together.

i was listening to the london based commentary tonight as local world was not working.. they said the same thing. How can a club playing some decent stuff be where they are. Good to know others notice we can play good football and keep it fairly tight at the back. Great to finish the campaign well.. we need to stay undefeated now.

ammers fan mate just emailed saying solid result for us, they had already blown auto, fat sam will bugger the play offs up and be sacked. He managed to say all that while writing an article in Montevideo asking why such a small country in Uruguay is so good at football.

Coventry's attendance tonight was 13,974 in arguably their biggest home game of the season in a stadium that holds 32k.

That is very poor indeed.

They already did the math, remembered that charisma bypass was their gaffer who always blames someone else, looked at the missus wearing a rather dashing low cut piece tonight and said.... narghhh... staying at home.

Archived