IGNORED

Bristol City Vs West Ham - Match Thread

BcfcLamb

Good battling point tonight and pleasant to see McInnes respond to Carew coming on by going 442 with fresh wingers. That was key, took some of the pressure off us because of our ability to break.

Cole Skuse was immense, Stead also stood out and in fact nearly everyone had a good game. The only real negatives were that Wood looks low on confidence, he didn't win anything and should have scored and someone will want to have a very good look at the goal we conceded, it was soft.

Fat sam was his usual full of shit self in the post match interview. They might have been slightly the better side but they have a wage bill easily three times ours and much much more is rightly expected. He will be out of work again after their playoff flop and since he's such a dislikable person I will be quite chuffed knowing it was us that killed off their promotion hopes.

The job isn't over yet, we must beat Barnsley. They have nothing to play for and are a weak side and we really don't want to go into the last game still needing something.

Thought a point was about right, enjoyed the game. Atmosphere seemed a bit up and down- good periods of noise but also pretty quiet at times. Great result. Loved the save by Gerken at the end- diving at the strikers feet, did a fine job there. Defence has looked more stable since he came into the side I think. Great resilience by the side too in recent weeks, the cynic in me says that they know they won't get deals like they have now elsewhere so are throwing everything at it to try to stay on or am I reading too much into it?

Supprised we didn't target Rob Green for a bit of stick especially after Skuse's goal, other teams always chant James 'England's number 7' or whatever, supprised we didn't give that treatment to Green.

There was a bit! Where I was sat, Block E Atyeo there were chants such as 'You let your country down.' Maybe it unnerved him a little hence shall we say he might have done better with Skuse's effort! :)

There was a bit! Where I was sat, Block E Atyeo there were chants such as 'You let your country down.' Maybe it unnerved him a little hence shall we say he might have done better with Skuse's effort! :)

Ah I didn't hear that, I sit in the dolman closer to the east end so may be why, fair enough, just expected the east end to also have a go at him. And to be fair it looked like he got a horrible bounce of Skuse's shot from where I was sat.

Ah I didn't hear that, I sit in the dolman closer to the east end so may be why, fair enough, just expected the east end to also have a go at him. And to be fair it looked like he got a horrible bounce of Skuse's shot from where I was sat.

Didn't get the best view, will have to see it again on goals but yeah could well have been. Probably a combo of fine strike, lax keeping and bounce.

Good battling point tonight and pleasant to see McInnes respond to Carew coming on by going 442 with fresh wingers. That was key, took some of the pressure off us because of our ability to break.

Cole Skuse was immense, Stead also stood out and in fact nearly everyone had a good game. The only real negatives were that Wood looks low on confidence, he didn't win anything and should have scored and someone will want to have a very good look at the goal we conceded, it was soft.

Fat sam was his usual full of shit self in the post match interview. They might have been slightly the better side but they have a wage bill easily three times ours and much much more is rightly expected. He will be out of work again after their playoff flop and since he's such a dislikable person I will be quite chuffed knowing it was us that killed off their promotion hopes.

The job isn't over yet, we must beat Barnsley. They have nothing to play for and are a weak side and we really don't want to go into the last game still needing something.

I think you'll find they do....

I think you'll find they do....

Perhaps he knows something we don't; i.e. administration and a minimum 10 point deduction. Talking of which the cov fans think that that is it for them as far as their owners, sisu, are concerned and they will go straight into admin for next season. what an utter farce those rules are.

It certainly looked like he got a pretty nasty bounce from Block F of the Atyeo, but I'd have to see it again when they put the BBC highlights online later. Plenty of people in the Atyeo were giving out to Green whenever the ball went near him for the rest of the half, as Mr Popodopolous said.

Archived