IGNORED

Cole Skuse - Outstanding.

Robbored

Even Skuuuuuse's fiercest critics would agree that tonight he was immense. He covered every blade of grass, tackled virtually every blue shirt and scored the equalising goal. A terrific performance from a vastly under rated player.

Stead was also very impressive against two hard West Ham hard cases who seemed to foul him very time they clashed. Weak and inconsistent refereeing again.

Overall a point against another top six side. It wasn't pretty and less face it Gerkin was far busier than Green but win on Saturday will see City safe.

Well done to boys and McInnes who has shuffled the pack brilliantly.

Even Skuuuuuse's fiercest critics would agree that tonight he was immense. He covered every blade of grass, tackled virtually every blue shirt and scored the equalising goal. A terrific performance from a vastly under rated player.

Stead was also very impressive against two hard West Ham hard cases who seemed to foul him very time they clashed. Weak and inconsistent refereeing again.

Overall a point against another top six side. It wasn't pretty and less face it Gerkin was far busier than Green but win on Saturday will see City safe.

Would have to agree, was very impressed with Bolasie who looked very confident. Everyone tonight deserves praise, very proud of the boys.

So happy right now.

Picking over the bones unfairly, but the reports talked about their goal being an unmarked header - one thing we have been really good at recently. Not a habit we want to get in to.

Just want this season over and for us to be safe!

Skuse was brilliant , worked his socks off and was always a willing runner. Stead , Bolsie and Pearson were also good. But i would reserve special praise for Amougou , who has been awsome since we signed him and Foster. I've been critical of him but I thought he put a decent shift in tonight.

Skuse is starting to look like the sort of midfielder McInnes was....

To be fair, he may well be learning a lot from McInnes. He was outstanding against Coventry too. I've been critical of Skuse in the past but it's great to see a Bristolian in the team and playing so well. No-one could ever question his committment to the cause.

Skuse was brilliant , worked his socks off and was always a willing runner. Stead , Bolsie and Pearson were also good. But i would reserve special praise for Amougou , who has been awsome since we signed him and Foster. I've been critical of him but I thought he put a decent shift in tonight.

Amougou - Signing of the season. Permanent deal would be fantastic news.

Skuse was magnificent tonight, hard to see why he gets so much shit on here, yet successive PROFESSIONAL managers seem to think he is key to a working Bristol City team - I know whose opinion I hold in greater esteem.....

As another poster has said, Foster, and dare I say it McGivern, of whom I have been more than critical in the past, both had excellent games tonight, as they all did - even Wooly looke a genuine threat when he came on - far more direct and confident than he has been on previous outings.

Really important point this. We've had a lot of games in a short space of time and despite the fact that we've actually managed to find some form McInnes has been happy to change a team that's just won or played well in the interest of keeping everyone fresh and fit. If he'd stick with the old don't change a winning team approach then perhaps we wouldn't have picked up us many points as we have.

Credit where it's due to McInnes here some important team selections and i'm sure there have been many eyebrows raised at some of the changes game on game but you can't really argue with the results.

Just out of interest, has your opinion on McInnes improved since he joined or got any worse? I may be wrong here but weren't you a little unimpressed by his appointment? Apologies if that wasn't you.

Skuse was magnificent tonight, hard to see why he gets so much shit on here, yet successive PROFESSIONAL managers seem to think he is key to a working Bristol City team - I know whose opinion I hold in greater esteem.....

As another poster has said, Foster, and dare I say it McGivern, of whom I have been more than critical in the past, both had excellent games tonight, as they all did - even Wooly looke a genuine threat when he came on - far more direct and confident than he has been on previous outings.

Everybody knows how good Skuse is and can be, unfortunately he has yet to paired with a genuine creative playmaker and subsequently has been judged more on the poor results/runs and dismal midfield displays of the past 3 seasons, hopefully we have a manager who will find the player to fill that void, because if we are to progress that still remains the elusive position we need to fill and have needed to fill for 4 years.

Really important point this. We've had a lot of games in a short space of time and despite the fact that we've actually managed to find some form McInnes has been happy to change a team that's just won or played well in the interest of keeping everyone fresh and fit. If he'd stick with the old don't change a winning team approach then perhaps we wouldn't have picked up us many points as we have.

Credit where it's due to McInnes here some important team selections and i'm sure there have been many eyebrows raised at some of the changes game on game but you can't really argue with the results.

I really hope our fans , and more impotrtantly our board , can see what a good management team we have. Give them time and I'm confident we can have a team to be proud of.

I'm no Brian Clough nor have seen Bristol City more than once this season (see previous thread; thanks to responders btw, appreciated)....but always thought the sign of a top player is how much time he seems to have on the ball over those around him.

Skuse in the game I came to, home to Coventry last week, was that.

Been following City's results and those around them since that game took son to (read son pestering me for results since), so nice one on looking like staying up!! Not to curse you or anything....

Oiiii!!( true though :( )

In all carey fairness i am sure it has its nice points like the village green for example with those lightning struck ash trees or that little row of shops where the glue gun sniffers hang out of a friday night.

actually thats a bit unfair.. i heard tis alright.

I really hope our fans , and more impotrtantly our board , can see what a good management team we have. Give them time and I'm confident we can have a team to be proud of.

Glad you're changing your view. I remember you weren't so pleased with his appointment and at times were shooting me down with my confidence in him which is totally understandable. I am very pleased he is our manager.

Always interested in how others see us - a WHam fan on one of their forums:

"Just back from over the bridge.

I never want to see John Carew in a West Ham shirt again. He is worse than useless.

After we went one nil up we seemed to sit back and invite them on to us. Once they equalised, they gained confidence and were first to the ball in most of the midfield battles.

We had chances to win it in the second half and they were trying to do us on the break. I lost count of the times the ball went across the face of their goal and we had no one in the middle to put it away.."

To be winning midfield battles against one of the best teams in the league says a lot, and so very different from what I was saeeing some weeks back.

Skuse is starting to look like the sort of midfielder McInnes was....

I think that Mcinnes might be the answer we need as far as our midfield is concerned - the sort of person who knows that position inside out and hopefully can spot the right personnel to make it one of the best in the league :fingerscrossed:

Glad you're changing your view. I remember you weren't so pleased with his appointment and at times were shooting me down with my confidence in him which is totally understandable. I am very pleased he is our manager.

Not me sunshine , I've been a DMc fan right from the start.

Everybody knows how good Skuse is and can be, unfortunately he has yet to paired with a genuine creative playmaker and subsequently has been judged more on the poor results/runs and dismal midfield displays of the past 3 seasons, hopefully we have a manager who will find the player to fill that void, because if we are to progress that still remains the elusive position we need to fill and have needed to fill for 4 years.

I accept your point EMB, but in the last three games, we've scored three against a poor Coventry side( could and should have had more), put two against the best home side in the division( and should have scored more) and scored a against the best away side in the division( and Wood should have scored another), so for all the talk of a need for a creative midfielder, in recent games, we haven't lacked creativity but more importantly, we haven't lacked solidity.

Skuse was awesome tonight. MOM by far. I have never been his biggest fan but I honestly cant believe there were people on here saying they weren't bothered he was out injured! Hope you are eating your words now! Might not be the best player in the world, but anyone with a half decent knowledge of the game will know he is exactly the sort of player you need in a scrap like we are in!

Not me sunshine , I've been a DMc fan right from the start.

Hmm, I seem to remember you saying you wanted a manager who's had championship experience and wanted Dave Jones? Apologies if i've gotten it wrong.

Biggest critic to Del was Matty H! He was very against the appointment. Shame he is banned from the forum these days, otherwise we could read a change of opinion from him.

Archived