IGNORED

Louis' Last Game At The Gate...?

Bar BS3

Would he accept that?

He could defeinately get a years deal at Exeter, Plymouth or even Yeovil.

If the rumours about players 'revolting' around the time of the Sproule incident and GJ's departure are anything like true then I doubt very much that it will be Yeovil (from either party's point of view).

People are forgetting that he had been average to poor for the majority of this season. He just doesn't have the pace anymore.

A great servant, but time to move on.

Must have been watching different games. He has played a big part in our revival in recent weeks.

He definatley worth another year as cover for the young ones. The club will decide the size of his contract.

Louis deserves another extension as he is decent back up at least, and he's undoubtedly useful around the club in training with his experience. He's been fantastic recently and is a true City legend.

Can't think of anybody around in this day and age that has played over 600 games for their club, anyone able to think of anybody similar to Louis?

No but I know some of our ex coaches and have worked with some of our ex players (one who was an assistant manager here) as well as liveing near some of our players and ex players

Well then, you'd know this story about Louis being some sort of Scargill figure in the dressing room is ballcocks then. You couldn't meet a more laid back bloke.

Quite why this myth keeps getting trotted out Christ only knows. There was one person causing disquiet among the players at the time - and he was a short, rotund cockney. Anyone at the club will tell you the same.

However even if it were true (which it isn't), Louis has played consistently during the last few weeks when the side has shown great team spirit. So clearly not a disruptive force "any more".

One year "pay as you play" seems OK - and look to bring in a younger CB.

no he's not

This again, really? How can you be a Bristol City fan and not appreciate what Carey's one for us, what's the point in supporting a club such as ours if you don't appreciate true City legends such as Carey? They do not come along very often and should be appreciated. The way some fans speak about a man who has spent basically his entire playing career with the club, many of those years spent as captain is staggering.

I hope he gets another year. I think he deserves it based on his appearances this season and his is reliable,experienced and assured back-up. He is also fairly versatile with him being able to fill in at right-back.

This again, really? How can you be a Bristol City fan and not appreciate what Carey's one for us, what's the point in supporting a club such as ours if you don't appreciate true City legends such as Carey? They do not come along very often and should be appreciated. The way some fans speak about a man who has spent basically his entire playing career with the club, many of those years spent as captain is staggering.

I hope he gets another year. I think he deserves it based on his appearances this season and his is reliable,experienced and assured back-up. He is also fairly versatile with him being able to fill in at right-back.

This.

I don't accept that Louis has lost any kind of pace about him. He seems to be able to keep up with players 10 years younger than him quite easily. I've never once thought this season that Louis has lacked for pace, in RB and CB positioning.

I do appricate everything he's done for us accepted when he left on a free for more money at Coventry,

But we shouldn't be handing contracts out to players who are at the end of their careers we need to move away from this,

The trouble the club has had recently is signing players for longer then we should instead of evolving the team,

McAllister

Carey

James

Johnson

Sproule

Super Scott

All these were held on for too long we've been too loyal instead of devloping and bringing in fresh players, The team should now be built around Skuse Edwards Wilson and Co not McAllister Carey and James, the old guard need to move along, Its whats held the club back for far too long,

Just take our defense its been the main problem at the club for the last 3 seasons, conciding late goal and sloppy goals the same mistakes over and over again alot of this under Louis's captancey People are blinded by recent form,

Dishing out contracts to these aging players isn't the way to go fresh blood (like the coaching staff) is needed

Totally agree with this. A fantastic servant to the club and a genuine down to earth nice bloke. Del has not picked him on anything other than merit - and even if he has come in at times due to injuries he has put some fantastic performances in when called upon. If he accepts another years contract, which I fully expect the club to offer, then he will continue delivering in the way he has always done. Well done Louis and look forward to seeing you in City shirt next season.

Must have been watching different games. He has played a big part in our revival in recent weeks.

He definatley worth another year as cover for the young ones. The club will decide the size of his contract.

Yes, in recent weeks. What about the rest of the season where we have been so shit?

BCFC legend, but we need a clear out, the recent revival shouldn't cloud the fact that we have been SHIT this season.

Yes, in recent weeks. What about the rest of the season where we have been so shit?

BCFC legend, but we need a clear out, the recent revival shouldn't cloud the fact that we have been SHIT this season.

Nobody has said it is clouding that fact, the fact is Louis Carey has been very useful this season and put in some fantastic performances. Therefor he deserves one more year.

Nobody has said it is clouding that fact, the fact is Louis Carey has been very useful this season and put in some fantastic performances. Therefor he deserves one more year.

With the exception of Forest tell me games where he has been "fantastic"??? Does not deserve another year IMO.

With the exception of Forest tell me games where he has been "fantastic"??? Does not deserve another year IMO.

He's been no worse than Fontaine this year who is supposed to be our best defender. Experience is vital and his leadership is still helpful. If we released him and we were shipping goals I know so many fans on here would be saying letting him leave was a mistake.

I do appricate everything he's done for us accepted when he left on a free for more money at Coventry,

But we shouldn't be handing contracts out to players who are at the end of their careers we need to move away from this,

The trouble the club has had recently is signing players for longer then we should instead of evolving the team,

McAllister

Carey

James

Johnson

Sproule

Super Scott

All these were held on for too long we've been too loyal instead of devloping and bringing in fresh players, The team should now be built around Skuse Edwards Wilson and Co not McAllister Carey and James, the old guard need to move along, Its whats held the ,,

club back for far too long,

Just take our defense its been the main problem at the club for the last 3 seasons, conciding late goal and sloppy goals the same mistakes over and over again alot of this under Louis's captancey People are blinded by recent form

Dishing out contracts to these aging players isn't the way to go fresh blood (like the coaching staff) is needed

Whilst I dont agree with some of your points above the main thing is that PREVIOUS managers have made decisions on the players you name. Del will now shape the squad he wants in the close season and no doubt a few players will be on their way. in terms of Louis - regardless of age - i think he will be rightly offered a one year deal.

Well he didn't play for quite a chunk of the season. In fact, if you analyse the dire matches, Fontaine has played in more of them than Louis. Do you want to release him too?

Well he didn't play for quite a chunk of the season. In fact, if you analyse the dire matches, Fontaine has played in more of them than Louis. Do you want to release him too?

No we aren't analysing the dire matches, we are analysing whether Carey deserves a new contract, which IMO is no. Yes he was good against forest, but apart from that he has either been injured or not selected unless there were other injuries.

Fact is why give him a new contract when we can get another, younger cb who can strengthen th team......

Carey don't strengthen the team, he doesn't make us better, he just adds another number to the wage bill and is appropriate cover for injuries.....we should be strengthening the first xi not the bench.

P.s Fonts is a class act, highlighted by Saints in for him.....his performance at Uptom Park was one of the best defensive displays I've ever seen from a BCFC player......and In a completely different class to LC imo

So what if del sees fit to offer him a new one, should he go because andy doesnt think our manager should offer our most loyal player a contract?

No I just hope he is offered a contract for the right reasons.....and not because "he could be our record appearance holder"

If Del thinks he's good enough to re-sign....and can offer us something next season....fair enough

No we aren't analysing the dire matches, we are analysing whether Carey deserves a new contract, which IMO is no. Yes he was good against forest, but apart from that he has either been injured or not selected unless there were other injuries.

Fact is why give him a new contract when we can get another, younger cb who can strengthen th team......

Carey don't strengthen the team, he doesn't make us better, he just adds another number to the wage bill and is appropriate cover for injuries.....we should be strengthening the first xi not the bench.

Strong performances against Birmingham and Derby as well as Forest, I'd say too. On his day he's been the pick of our defenders - other than Amougou who may well depart for a more wedged up club shortly. Carey's experience has told. His positioning and ability to read the game. He knows all the tricks forwards will try to use against him. And for his age, he is still extremely fit.

As I say, well worth a pay-as-you-play contract and yes, let's bring in a young CB as well.

If Louis staying on another year hinders our chances of getting a decent centre-back then its a bad move IMO, if he's prepared to accept that he's going to be down the pecking order next season and takes a reduced wage or a pay as you play then fair enough.

Bottom line for me is we need quality not quantity to step up a gear in this league.

Strong performances against Birmingham and Derby as well as Forest, I'd say too. On his day he's been the pick of our defenders - other than Amougou who may well depart for a more wedged up club shortly. Carey's experience has told. His positioning and ability to read the game. He knows all the tricks forwards will try to use against him. And for his age, he is still extremely fit.

As I say, well worth a pay-as-you-play contract and yes, let's bring in a young CB as well.

Why should he be offered that? We need a clear out the squad is massive with a distinct lack of quality. We need at least 1 new CB if not 2......

Not forgetting Southampton away when he had Lambert in his pocket.......

Why should he be offered that? We need a clear out the squad is massive with a distinct lack of quality. We need at least 1 new CB if not 2......

If we can sign Bikey I think we have got a strong group of centre halves for next season. My priority would be a striker as we have clearly struggled due to lack of goals scored this year

Archived