IGNORED

Louis' Last Game At The Gate...?

Bar BS3

This Saturday could conceivably be the last time we see Sir Louis wearing a City Shirt at Ashton Gate, unless he gets a contract extention at the end of the season.

After over 600 games, many as club captian, some of us are marking the occassion with his recent trademark Handle bar Moustache, some actually growing them, others have got stick on ones.

Perhaps he will get an extetion for another year and personally I think he is worthy of that after some great performances since Christmas - but either way, lets mark the occassion of a true club great and give him the bit of recognition that he has earned.

Of course, there is still the small matter of avoiding relegation that must be first and foremost in our minds, but if we can secure that on the same day as marking Louis' remarkable career for Bristol City then so much the better!

LOUIS, LOUIS, LOUIS!!!

He will get a new one year deal. He's been reliable this year under Del and he will notice he has something still to offer.

He's only starteded 17 games this season so on that basis alone he shouldn't get a new deal we shouldn't be paying some one a wage just because the have played 600 games for the club City need to stop doing that and move forward

No we should let him go, the clubs problem has been keeping hold of players longer then they should of we have to stop doing it we keep louis it could very well block Wilson's or Edwards progress

If they were good enough, they'd have played.

Carey's been outstanding when he's played and I'd be dissapointed to see him leave.

LOUIS, LOUIS, LOUIS!!!!

Would he accept that?

He could defeinately get a years deal at Exeter, Plymouth or even Yeovil.

I think he would, he knows he's not going to play week in week out but he loves this club and would want to be around it for aslong as he can. I think he'll go into coaching with the youth team or something aswell anyway.

I remember Louis saying he would retire if he couldn't get a contract at this level and that he didn't want to be the sort of player who goes to lower and lower leagues to get a contract. I expect him to get 1 more year here.

Would he accept that?

He could defeinately get a years deal at Exeter, Plymouth or even Yeovil.

I've been told he's already been offered a 1 year deal , on a very very low basic wage. It's pracitcally pay as you play. Not sure how true that is but have no reason to doubt the person who told me.

• Admin

Would be a perfect player to have around the training ground.

With his experience he would be invaluabel to those coming through the ranks.

Give him another year, to be honest the past few weeks of the season he has played very well, looking at the whole squad there are only a handful of people who have performed well all season.

Cant see him going anywhere else to end his career he clearly did not enjoy his previous short spell away at Coventry, so dont believe he needs the hassle of trying to settle in somewhere new just for his swansong season

Oh yeah, I forgot you played for City and was in the dressing rooms at the time.

No but I know some of our ex coaches and have worked with some of our ex players (one who was an assistant manager here) as well as liveing near some of our players and ex players

Del thinks enough of him to play him fairly regularly. We always look far more organised at the back when he is playing...

He's only played 17 times this season thats not what I call regularly,

infact I think the only reason he's played under Del is because of an injury crisis at the back

He's only played 17 times this season thats not what I call regularly,

infact I think the only reason he's played under Del is because of an injury crisis at the back

He was injured to be fair. I don't think he should start every game but I do know the importance of experience, especially at centre back. Pay as you play would suit everyone I reckon, but we'll see what Del does. You can bet he won't be clouded by the fact Louis has been here so long...

Archived