IGNORED

City Vs Barnsley Match Thread

Tom

Funny old game. Difficult to rate the players today as clearly nerves were playing a part, but both goals came at the right time for us. Got the big breaks, particularly with the pen. Defended ok, but a better team would have hurt us, and a lot less stressful at 2-0 than if it had been 1-0.

Result is everything. Some rebuilding to do, but with six games to go I was almost resigned to going down. A look at the table makes it look easy, but all of us here know that was not the case.

Grats to everyone at the club. Drink up yee zider for tonight....then some rebuilding needed!

Since Del and Doc joined you guys, I've watched with interest. First of all ENJOY!! Christ you have achieved it. Sure there were some crap results but at the end of the day I would hope every one of you guys is happy! Sure, work still to be done, but give Del some time....one step at a time. Really pleased for you all....can't believe some of you bumping your gums though.

Enjoy tonight and look forward with hope!

:laugh: - we are happy we have stayed up! Chill out, enjoy the moment for gods sake.

No one is saying we are world beaters, or do not need to strengthen significantly, but given a choice of going down or staying up, I will by sure celebrate the latter for now!

Look forward. We are nothing but a hughe waste of money. Looking forward to Monday and a true clear out. Great you are happy for a total waste of money.

Maybe there is something in that overall- but for now we had 6 pts from 13 games, that says a side are utterly doomed! Now, we are 19th and 10 pts above the drop zone, even a small chance of 18th. All those who have contributed to the turnaround have done well, no doubt!

7 games unbeaten against some good teams and some very important games and people have chosen now to talk about how rubbish we are...

I think its more about how we really shouldn't of been in the position we were in...

But we have done a good job to get out of it.

Now we have start looking towards next season.

Del has proven by his loan signings he isn't bad in the transfer market so I have every faith he will sign the right players we need.

Well they have been ok and the difference to us staying up i'm sure.

Spence and Mcgivern (not DMC's) straight back to whence they came.

Wood is far too similar to Stead but not as good.

Ephraim not seen a lot of him but probably not.

Bikey has been immense but todays showing was not good and I hope not sign of things to come a la Burnley, but maybe worth a punt.

Pearson is a real enigma was runner up to Woolford in the first half for the Ashton Gate hide and seek championship but looked really good second half, probably just about.

Full time players to go:- (hopefully

James

Carey

Elliott

Killkenny

Woolford

Clarkson

Ribeiro

Jackson

Stewart

IMO

Well they have been ok and the difference to us staying up i'm sure.

Spence and Mcgivern (not DMC's) straight back to whence they came.

Wood is far too similar to Stead but not as good.

Ephraim not seen a lot of him but probably not.

Bikey has been immense but todays showing was not good and I hope not sign of things to come a la Burnley, but maybe worth a punt.

Pearson is a real enigma was runner up to Woolford in the first half for the Ashton Gate hide and seek championship but looked really good second half, probably just about.

Full time players to go:- (hopefully

James

Carey

Elliott

Killkenny

Woolford

Clarkson

Ribeiro

Jackson

Stewart

IMO

Only players from that list i'd like to stay around are Carey and Elliot.

Goalkeeper

Left Back

Centre Back

Creative Midfielder

Left Winger

Quick Striker

Those positions are needed badly imo.

Only players from that list i'd like to stay around are Carey and Elliot.

Goalkeeper

Left Back

Centre Back

Creative Midfielder

Left Winger

Quick Striker

Those positions are needed badly imo.

Carey has been a great servant, but it's time to move on and as for Elliott I have always liked him but he is too similar to Skuse and Cisse and we don't need 3 play alikes we really have other areas that need addressing, like central midfield where yet again today especially in the first half we proved why we have struggled for 3 seasons, we simply cannot keep hold of the ball for any length of time our passing was in the main appalling and that was exacerbated by Foster, Mcgivern and Bikey giving it away far too cheaply and we surrender far too much space by backing off in midfield.

• Admin

You sure we aren't relegated?

I'm with Sweden here, when Derek was appointed there was still 102 points to play for. When you also consider he inherited 6 points as well from the previous manager, thus reducing what it was necessary to get, it is absolutely scandalous that we are not celebrating winning the title today! :nono:

I'm with Sweden here, when Derek was appointed there was still 102 points to play for. When you also consider he inherited 6 points as well from the previous manager, thus reducing what it was necessary to get, it is absolutely scandalous that we are not celebrating winning the title today! :nono:

Derek has picked up 42 points from 32 games which isn't bad considering the quality we have. I'd call his appointment a success this season. I for one will celebrate as we could quite easily be playing our trade in league one next term.

Archived