IGNORED

Gas Relegation Party - Cancelled!

Rudolf Hucker

I find it hilarious how they call Ashton Gate ''Trashton Gate''

Their stadium is a disgrace, their pitch is the worst in english football.

you call that a pitch? I call it mud with a few blades of grass

every managers press conference when playing barcelona say it's the worst pitch they've ever seen..

The most most amusing thing comes from One Team In Bristol fanzine magazine and gives me endless amount of belly laughs. Please point any Gashead who gives you any grief about anything or tries to steal any of the air you may be breathing at that moment in time in the direction of the following link.

The last time Rovers were above City in a league table.

http://www.timeandda...n=45&sec=0&p0=0

The first meeting was in 1922-23. I've looked through the history book and they've only finished above City 26 times in 90 years.

32-33, 33-34, 34-35, 36-37, 48-49, 49-50, 50-51, 51-52, 52-53, 53-54, 54-55, 55-56, 56-57, 57-58, 58-59, 59-60, 60-61, 61-62,

give Rovers their due, that was 14 consec seasons, but then came a 20 year gap until 81-82, 82-83, 83-84, 88-89, 89-90, 91-92, 95-96 and most recently 99-2000.

1938-39 Rovers were bottom of the League but were voted back in, but it means (I am sad to say) many Bristolians went to their deaths in WW2 knowing they supported the worst team in the League.

The first meeting was in 1922-23. I've looked through the history book and they've only finished above City 26 times in 90 years.

32-33, 33-34, 34-35, 36-37, 48-49, 49-50, 50-51, 51-52, 52-53, 53-54, 54-55, 55-56, 56-57, 57-58, 58-59, 59-60, 60-61, 61-62,

give Rovers their due, that was 14 consec seasons, but then came a 20 year gap until 81-82, 82-83, 83-84, 88-89, 89-90, 91-92, 95-96 and most recently 99-2000.

1938-39 Rovers were bottom of the League but were voted back in, but it means (I am sad to say) many Bristolians went to their deaths in WW2 knowing they supported the worst team in the League.

Certainly since the begining of the 60's the only reason they've been a division above us is through our balls -us (relegation) rather than them going up !

Certainly since the begining of the 60's the only reason they've been a division above us is through our balls -us (relegation) rather than them going up !

When I started supporting City in the 59-60 season, it was the only time in their history when the Gas were consistently above us in the League. All that changed with the 64-65 promotion when John Atyeo's :worship2: goal against Oldham put us in a promotion place for the first time, with five minutes left of the season. :chant6ez:

Apart from one rather substantial blip, we haven't looked back.

I know we're all happy to be staying up and all that, but I don't think you've covered yourself in glory with that last comment. I can't imagine those poor lads, scared shitless, had this as a priority. I'm just grateful for what they did and couldn't care less who they supported.

I find it hilarious that there are some 8,000+ BRISTOL CITY related posts (their figures) on their forum.

In fact they are constantly bickering amongst themselves to try and stop posting about us.

But then again there must be a lot more interest for them talking about championship football rather than a bunch of vegetables playing 4th division kick and rush on a turnip field.

Proof if ever there was any needed that there is only

ONE TEAM IN BRISTOL

I'm pretty sure they'd be able to name a fair few of our players off the top of their head, easily.

I have just genuinely attempted to recall the names of any of their players and could only think of Bevan. I only remember him because he was mentioned on Radio Bristol yesterday! What a terrible club. Poor support, terrible squad of players, terrible stadium that has by far the worst pitch in the football league, it's embarrassing. You have to feel an element of pity for them.

Please read their thread about the Barnsley fans singing Irene. It's so stupid and deluded.

I would have repied but they banned me for asking if their rivals were Bath City or Forest Green who were closer in the football pyramid. No sense and no sense of humour.

It was us you stupid gas arses and it wasn't complementary!!

Please read their thread about the Barnsley fans singing Irene. It's so stupid and deluded.

I would have repied but they banned me for asking if their rivals were Bath City or Forest Green who were closer in the football pyramid. No sense and no sense of humour.

It was us you stupid gas arses and it wasn't complementary!!

I saw that earlier, IIrc I think a couple of them came out with comments like 'Quality' and 'Heroes' which is kind of ironic considering it was actually City fans and the change of the lyrics.

Some of them are so deluded that they would actually believe that a group of fans visiting AG would learn that awful song to sing as some sort of tribute to THEM in our our ground.

When I started supporting City in the 59-60 season, it was the only time in their history when the Gas were consistently above us in the League. All that changed with the 64-65 promotion when John Atyeo's :worship2: goal against Oldham put us in a promotion place for the first time, with five minutes left of the season. :chant6ez:

Apart from one rather substantial blip, we haven't looked back.

You may remember Alfie Biggs from back then, from Knowle West and could easily of signed for us apparently (I remember the name) prolific gashead; sadly has passed away on this Friday gone.

I'm pretty sure they'd be able to name a fair few of our players off the top of their head, easily.

I have just genuinely attempted to

recall the names of any of their players and could only think of Bevan. I only remember him because he was mentioned on Radio Bristol yesterday! What a terrible club. Poor support, terrible squad of players, terrible stadium that has by far the worst pitch in the football league, it's embarrassing. You have to feel an element of pity for them.

I can only think of Joe Anyinsah and only because he started out at a top club so I doubt he'll be there much longer.

As for the rest, isn't Shrek the goal keeper and donkey the back four?

I'm sorry, my knowledge of 4th Division football is a little bit sketchy.

Doesn't smash and grab play for them ?

Still talking about us :fastasleep:

Yep, and it's still fun. I mean, We've just had a season you could only dream about but as a far superior club we're all gutted by how it went on the whole... One of the few things we do have to bring a smile to our faces however is the fact that you lot are so far behind us it's almost saddening...

now, Basement boy, learn your place... you only exist for the amusement of many... including us City fans.

The Gas would have won the league if it wasn't for their pitch, everyone knows that. I mean look at Saturday, as soon as they got on a decent pitch at Vale park they... Oh, no actually their only decent results have been hoofing on the beach that is the Minimal stadium. Still with expectation levels this high they should be able to shift 2,000 season tickets this summer.

Archived