IGNORED

Lafferty..? Interests Del Boy

Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Kyle Lafferty has fallen out with Gers manager and will never play for them while McCoist is in charge.

Scottish Sun saying that McInnes shows interest....?

Decent player but quite a laddie

Did I hear correctly on the radio this morning that if Rangers don't restore the players to their prior contracts, i.e. Before the 75% pay cut, by the 1st June, they can move wherever they like under freedom of contract?

• Admin

No thank you.

Will be high wages and as previously mentioned, seems to be a big time charlie.

I think we may see more of these types of players joining us under Derek. At St Johnstone he brought in players that for whatever reason were unattractive to other sides such as Sandaza & Morris and proceeded to get the best out of them. Let's face it, if Lafferty didn't have issues we wouldn't even be on the radar.

At the same time I am minded of Charlie Adam & We Hoolahan who both came down with reputations of enjoying the lifestyle of being a footballer a little too much & their clubs made successes of them, why can't we be one of those success stories?

Signing Kyle would cross left midfield off our list of targets & would add goals to our midfield.

He's taken a 75% wage cut, so I'd imagine we could afford his wages.

As a player, I'd defo prefer him on the left to Pearson, he's got pace and can cross a ball.

I've also heard that he'll be going to Cardiff, of course that's after his hernia operation!

Is he not a striker ????

No thanks! Bad attitude and not good enough. If we sign this guy, then we clearly aren't learning from our mistakes

Whilst we all dislike "big time charlies", I'm sure nobody would mind if Chopra, Sharp, McCormack etc were banging them in for us.

It's not about them being BTC's, it's about being about channel that energy into performances on the pitch & not off it.

I think we may see more of these types of players joining us under Derek. At St Johnstone he brought in players that for whatever reason were unattractive to other sides such as Sandaza & Morris and proceeded to get the best out of them. Let's face it, if Lafferty didn't have issues we wouldn't even be on the radar.

At the same time I am minded of Charlie Adam & We Hoolahan who both came down with reputations of enjoying the lifestyle of being a footballer a little too much & their clubs made successes of them, why can't we be one of those success stories?

Signing Kyle would cross left midfield off our list of targets & would add goals to our midfield.

he's a forward isn't he?

If Millen was still manager I'd be extremely doubtful, but Del seems to be able to manage higher maintenance players. He may not be prolific, but neither was Shearer before he moved from Southampton to Blackburn for example. Lafferty is only 24, he should be about to be entering his best years. Del will know a lot about Lafferty from connections at Rangers and Owen Coyle who managed him at Burnley and sold him at an overinflated price to Rangers in 2008.

He has a history of doing stupid things and has a proper WAG (former Miss Scotland). these types of players tend to make early impacts and then fade in time, unless gotten hold of by a good manager (eg Rooney).

Not saying he's in that class just that he may have similar issues.

Whilst we all dislike "big time charlies", I'm sure nobody would mind if Chopra, Sharp, McCormack etc were banging them in for us.

It's not about them being BTC's, it's about being about channel that energy into performances on the pitch & not off it.

They are all proven at this level. This guy had a little spell at Burnley?

Problem with big time charlies is they tend to throw strops when the going gets tough and disappear into the ether. Chopra included.

They are all proven at this level. This guy had a little spell at Burnley?

It wasn't a little spell at Burnley iirc, he was a regular for a couple of seasons to very positive reviews and left for £3.25 million which while over-inflated, is a lot for an NPC player, even today. Even aside from the fact he's an actual football manager, Del will no doubt have seen a lot of him up in Scotland so I think he's more qualified than most to determine whether Lafferty would be a good signing

Archived