IGNORED

Lafferty..? Interests Del Boy

Ricardo 'Livi' Red

ok. A million and a half which still makes him a million better than anything we have.

The point being, he won't come here as he'll have much better options.

Where do you expect him to end up - League One ?

Whether he comes to the Championship or not isn't the point, he really isn't very good.

No thanks! Bad attitude and not good enough. If we sign this guy, then we clearly aren't learning from our mistakes

Here we go again ... "not good enough" ... just like many were saying Ricky Lambert , Wes Hoolahan etc were not good enough for us. Look at them now. Where do these inflated ideas of out standing come from? Lafferty was out of our class when he played for Burnley against us and we'd be bloody lucky to get anyone that good.

Oh fellas, this would worry me.

I have heard for the last 2 years from my Glaswegian barber near on everytime I am in there about this bloke.

"why the fk we continue with this clown...."

"I tell you what if I was Coisty, first thing I would is tell Lafferty to fk off. Diving all over the show and he's a terrible player man"

Etc etc etc

I can't speak too much from personal experience but the games I have seen (and they can be counted on one hand) he's been awful.

Here we go again ... "not good enough" ... just like many were saying Ricky Lambert , Wes Hoolahan etc were not good enough for us. Look at them now. Where do these inflated ideas of out standing come from? Lafferty was out of our class when he played for Burnley against us and we'd be bloody lucky to get anyone that good.

Danny Haynes was "out of our class" against WestBrom.......and looked what happened to him.

As other posters have said, problem with Lafferty is that he isn't very good.

Ricky Lambert had a superb goalscoring record for the Gas and Hoolahan was a class act for Blackpool. Lafferty has never achieved either of those things.

Add to that David Norris, Stephen Dobbie, Kaspers Gorkks etc etc

Add David Norris, Stephen Dobbie, Kaspers Gorkks etc etc

The thing that always makes me laugh about threads like this is the way a player is condemned as 'not good enough' on the strength of something they read on the Internet/a game they watched on TV/something their barber told them (that's perhaps my all time favourite). The fact of the matter is that no one here has any influence over who the club signs and no one here will have seen as much of Lafferty as Del and Doc. Bully for you all if he signs and is shit and then you can tell us all "I told you so", but if our well paid management team get it right you'll look a bit stupid

trouble is, if we are going to kick on next season, we need good players and having an attitude comes with the territory. Its then down to Dels man management skills to sort them out. we currently have a load of players with attitude without the ability to back it up.

Add David Norris, Stephen Dobbie, Kaspers Gorkks etc etc

Too true mate. I can remember someone in the pub moaning when we signed Shaun Goater all those years ago.

Lots of people on here saying they trust Del , so let's all see how he gets on in the summer with player recruitment even if 1 or 2 names do raise a few eyebrows.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17823420

"I also know his agent and his previous agent have been speaking to a Championship manager down south, which I'm not sure is allowed"

To be honest, I hope we're not engaging with agents in this way but given that a number of articles from papers in Jockland have specifically linked us with him, it is starting to seem likely that this signing may be in the offing

• Admin

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17823420

"I also know his agent and his previous agent have been speaking to a Championship manager down south, which I'm not sure is allowed"

To be honest, I hope we're not engaging with agents in this way but given that a number of articles from papers in Jockland have specifically linked us with him, it is starting to seem likely that this signing may be in the offing

If you read all the quotes from McCoist it seems like he's doing his best to turn the club's fans against the player. He also highlights that Kyle is running out of time to find a new club, alluding to the June 1st deadline for clubs to buy him at the reduced clause based fee which seems like an invitation to the championship club to come and get him.

trouble is, if we are going to kick on next season, we need good players and having an attitude comes with the territory. Its then down to Dels man management skills to sort them out. we currently have a load of players with attitude without the ability to back it up.

Exactly. Talented dedicated saints are few and far between in the football world, so we may have to settle for talented arrogant dimwits.

Taarabt is an disruptive egomaniac worth having, Lafferty? Not sure he has the talent he may think he has.

Still if that's a player Mcinnes wants then he would have had first hand experience watching him and hearing all the stories about him to make an honest decision on whether he would be worth signing or not.

Grant Holt, was a journeyman not many would have the time of day for once upon a time, sometimes the club fits the player, if the gamble is not big it may work.

I think some of us need to remember where we are (currently 19th out of 24 in 2nd league in England). Lafferty in imo is clearly good enough to play in the championship especially good enough for a club thats just saved their Championship status with 1 game to go. Also as many of us have stated "were too nice" so maybe having an "orrible bas****" who perhaps is at sometimes morally questionable will help us win more points.

I think some of us need to remember where we are (currently 19th out of 24 in 2nd league in England). Lafferty in imo is clearly good enough to play in the championship especially good enough for a club thats just saved their Championship status with 1 game to go. Also as many of us have stated "were too nice" so maybe having an "orrible bas****" who perhaps is at sometimes morally questionable will help us win more points.

+1

I would take him all day long. However I think bigger clubs than us will be in for him.

The thing that always makes me laugh about threads like this is the way a player is condemned as 'not good enough' on the strength of something they read on the Internet/a game they watched on TV/something their barber told them (that's perhaps my all time favourite). The fact of the matter is that no one here has any influence over who the club signs and no one here will have seen as much of Lafferty as Del and Doc. Bully for you all if he signs and is shit and then you can tell us all "I told you so", but if our well paid management team get it right you'll look a bit stupid

I doubt anyone in this thread, or Del & Doc have followed Lafferty's career 'closely'; a friend of mine is a Burnley ST, though, who never rated him and was amazed when he was sold for such an inflated fee to such a big club. Given his scoring record in the SPL is far surpassed by a number of players who've not cut the mustard in England and that Rangers fans hardly hold him in great esteem, I'm inclined to agree with him. It may be that McInnes has an interest in him, and if he does then I hope he comes down and proves to be a great signing. However, the Scottish Sun linking our Scottish manager with a player based in Scotland is far from coherent proof that DM has any interest in him, less so that he is suddenly a top player.

I doubt anyone in this thread, or Del & Doc have followed Lafferty's career 'closely'; a friend of mine is a Burnley ST, though, who never rated him and was amazed when he was sold for such an inflated fee to such a big club. Given his scoring record in the SPL is far surpassed by a number of players who've not cut the mustard in England and that Rangers fans hardly hold him in great esteem, I'm inclined to agree with him. It may be that McInnes has an interest in him, and if he does then I hope he comes down and proves to be a great signing. However, the Scottish Sun linking our Scottish manager with a player based in Scotland is far from coherent proof that DM has any interest in him, less so that he is suddenly a top player.

But thats the point; several people on this thread are making definitive statements on his ability or lack there of, having probably more experience of him as an avatar on Football Manager 2012 than in the real world. I know a guy who used to have a Burnley season ticket who always thought he was a good player (though agrees he was never worth the fee Rangers paid) and I know several Gers fans who think he's good. I love debate on here about the relative merits of various players we will almost certainly not sign, but responding to positive posts about him with phrases like "he's rubbish" or "he's crap" (not aimed specifically at you Ronnabe) because your ******* hairdresser told you so it pointless. Your last sentence is perhaps the most telling though, of course he's not a "top player"; if he were, we wouldn't be getting linked with him. If we accept the need to bring in 8 or 9 new players this summer, they are not going to all be of well established quality. We have to take risks and hope they pay off. As much for is attitude as anything else, signing Lafferty would be a risk, but if it paid odd the rewards could be substantial. I personally think the difference between us this season and a play off team is a bit of a confidence and maybe 3 quality players so if we cam find that quality who knows what might happen

But thats the point; several people on this thread are making definitive statements on his ability or lack there of, having probably more experience of him as an avatar on Football Manager 2012 than in the real world. I know a guy who used to have a Burnley season ticket who always thought he was a good player (though agrees he was never worth the fee Rangers paid) and I know several Gers fans who think he's good. I love debate on here about the relative merits of various players we will almost certainly not sign, but responding to positive posts about him with phrases like "he's rubbish" or "he's crap" (not aimed specifically at you Ronnabe) because your ******* hairdresser told you so it pointless. Your last sentence is perhaps the most telling though, of course he's not a "top player"; if he were, we wouldn't be getting linked with him. If we accept the need to bring in 8 or 9 new players this summer, they are not going to all be of well established quality. We have to take risks and hope they pay off. As much for is attitude as anything else, signing Lafferty would be a risk, but if it paid odd the rewards could be substantial. I personally think the difference between us this season and a play off team is a bit of a confidence and maybe 3 quality players so if we cam find that quality who knows what might happen

Very True. I am not sure I understand the arguemt he must be crap or he wouldn't sign for us. You only ave to look back at the likes of Taylor Cole, Goater, Akinbyi etc etc to realise that is a points argument.

Lafferty, from what i remember of him at Burnley was a cracking player, and moved to Rangers when they were still a pretty good side with Average ambitions in Europe. It hink he may have lost his way with injury over the past few seasons, so if we are interested, that would be my only concern. In terms of the quality of the lad, i'm not sure that can be questioned.

Archived