IGNORED

Official Barcelona Vs Chelsea Thread

RedZepperin

he he, i remember when we beat them at the gate many years ago, they were down n out and cheered our goals.....how time s have changed..after watching both legs it kinda reminded me of our games of late :ill: :ill:

Gawd bless you Kingswood Mask.......... all the talk on here of the fans and full houses........ I remember when we would get 36,000 or there abouts down the gate (posted it on here before, Notts Forest game)

Nothing about Chelsea but we are all Bristol City FC are we not ;)

It's a football phrase fella, it's used when one team try's to always win games and another goes out to spoil and disrupt.

It happens a lot nowadays, rightly or wrongly.

It's my opinion that Chelsea do it on a regular basis.

I don't know if your Chelsea,real Madrid or just anti Barca!!

I'm guessing the last one!

Yeah, I know it's a football phrase but I think defenders or the defensive but very efficient tactics deserve a lot of credit still.

Also, I am Madrid. :)

It's a football phrase fella, it's used when one team try's to always win games and another goes out to spoil and disrupt.

It happens a lot nowadays, rightly or wrongly.

It's my opinion that Chelsea do it on a regular basis.

I don't know if your Chelsea,real Madrid or just anti Barca!!

I'm guessing the last one!

Do you expect Chelsea to come out and play them at their own game ? I can't stand Chelsea but that was superb defending, they gave Barcelona no space at all. Fair play to them.

Gawd bless you Kingswood Mask.......... all the talk on here of the fans and full houses........ I remember when we would get 36,000 or there abouts down the gate (posted it on here before, Notts Forest game)

Nothing about Chelsea but we are all Bristol City FC are we not ;)

indeed n thanks, we are who we are, tis nice to bask in another ones unexpected sunshine, were you in the black bull on the kings road before a certain anglo scottish cup match many years ago? Oh how times have changed...respect to you n yer loves x

Do you expect Chelsea to come out and play them at their own game ? I can't stand Chelsea but that was superb defending, they gave Barcelona no space at all. Fair play to them.

No I didn't, but After spending 100's of millions on players perhaps they should be good enough to do it!!

Or do we just accept that the English premier league is negative.

No I didn't, but After spending 100's of millions on players perhaps they should be good enough to do it!!

Or do we just accept that the English premier league is negative.

Did you watch El Clasico at the weekend? Barcelona dominate possession in pretty much every game they play.

• Admin

It's a football phrase fella, it's used...

... largely by big teams who are used to getting everything go there own way, by teams who expect their opposition to bend over and take a hammering, by teams that are usually filled to the brim with diving cheats, by teams that have been outdone by a dogged performance from an outsider.

I'm anti Barca by the way, a team full of Cristiano Ronaldos.

... largely by big teams who are used to getting everything go there own way, by teams who expect their opposition to bend over and take a hammering, by teams that are usually filled to the brim with diving cheats, by teams that have been outdone by a dogged performance from an outsider.

Sounds more like man Utd!

You only have to watch the premier league to actually see who the diving cheats are.

Real Madrid are full of divers and cheats, but to claim Barcelona do the same is laughable fella.

Drogba dived more times in the 2 legs than the entire Barcelona a team!

You only have to watch the premier league to actually see who the diving cheats are.

Real Madrid are full of divers and cheats, but to claim Barcalona do the same is laughable fella.

Drogba dived more times in the 2 legs than the entire Barcelona team!

Barca can dive with the best when they want too. Sergio Busquets...

Would like to see how the tiki taki poncing and over indulgence would stack up in the Prem over a seaon, but the likes of Inesta, Xavi, Messi would never ever play in England, would get found out right way. No time on the ball to do nothing apart foem sideways pass.

Shame, would love to see them come to Eng and prove they are capable to be called world class players, becuase unless you've played in England you can't class yourself as world class. FACT!

Last night performance prove that Barcelona do not have a plan B they went out to Inter a few seasons ago in the same circumstances also on another note if Chelsea win the CL then fourth place in the Prem do not qualify for the CL what a gutter that would be for Newcastle especially if they make it after an unbelievable season for them.

Last night performance prove that Barcelona do not have a plan B they went out to Inter a few seasons ago in the same circumstances also on another note if Chelsea win the CL then fourth place in the Prem do not qualify for the CL what a gutter that would be for Newcastle especially if they make it after an unbelievable season for them.

Yep it would be very harsh on Newcastle, not really fair on them either

Would like to see how the tiki taki poncing and over indulgence would stack up in the Prem over a seaon, but the likes of Inesta, Xavi, Messi would never ever play in England, would get found out right way. No time on the ball to do nothing apart foem sideways pass.

Shame, would love to see them come to Eng and prove they are capable to be called world class players, becuase unless you've played in England you can't class yourself as world class. FACT!

Good try fella :-)

I think they're simply too stubborn and will not try something differant even when their natural way of playing isn't working.

Problem they have is that since loosing ibrahimovic they have lost the ability to just hump the ball into the box. Also villa is an absolutely massive player for them, who despite being small wins a lot of headers from crosses with his movement and strength.

Like Danny mills was saying constantly on the radio, Chelsea just had a bank of 4 and a bank of 5 and they didn't move and allow barcelona to pull them out of position, it was after some terrible indiscipline from their captain a wonderfully disciplined performance.

Real or bayern in the final will be a completely different proposition, as they won't be able to defend like that as both have the players to break teams down.

Personally I'd like to se bayern in the final as I think the German league set up is fantastic and deserves a bit of success.

Chuffed for Chelsea, despite the fact that I can't stand them.

Has Terry apologised to the Barca player yet - the person he should be apologising to? ...

or has he just given the poiliticians statement along the lines of "I've let the players and fans down."

Alexis Sanchez is one of the biggest cheats ever, what Terry did was awful and i'm glad he's not going to be involved in the final, but don't apologise to that ****.

Alexis Sanchez is one of the biggest cheats ever, what Terry did was awful and i'm glad he's not going to be involved in the final, but don't apologise to that ****.

That's a personal choice.

If it was me, I'd apologise to anyone I felt I'd offended, upset, inadvertently assaulted etc.

Rise above it ffs.

That's a personal choice.

If it was me, I'd apologise to anyone I felt I'd offended, upset, inadvertently assaulted etc.

Rise above it ffs.

I just feel that if your going to spin around 16 times on the floor every time you get fouled (whether it's bad or not) one day you might end up actually getting hurt and if you watch it back, Sanchez is waving for a card, THEN he starts writhing in pain! idiot.

Archived