IGNORED

Official Barcelona Vs Chelsea Thread

RedZepperin

I just feel that if your going to spin around 16 times on the floor every time you get fouled (whether it's bad or not) one day you might end up actually getting hurt and if you watch it back, Sanchez is waving for a card, THEN he starts writhing in pain! idiot.

Oh I see. Didn't watch the game, just listed to reports this a.m.

Terry - why didn't you give him another kick when he was down?

Would like to see how the tiki taki poncing and over indulgence would stack up in the Prem over a seaon, but the likes of Inesta, Xavi, Messi would never ever play in England, would get found out right way. No time on the ball to do nothing apart foem sideways pass.

Shame, would love to see them come to Eng and prove they are capable to be called world class players, becuase unless you've played in England you can't class yourself as world class. FACT!

Are you for real?

Diego Maradona, Pele, Raul, Ronaldo, Cruyff, Platini, Beckenbauer, Zidane...

Not world class as they haven't played in England? Do me a favour!

• Admin

You only have to watch the premier league to actually see who the diving cheats are.

Real Madrid are full of divers and cheats, but to claim Barcelona do the same is laughable fella.

Drogba dived more times in the 2 legs than the entire Barcelona a team!

Yes and they, to a team, are all called up on it.

My problem with Barcelona doing it is that everyone fawns over them and turns a blind eye to it as you have done there.

It's laughable that Sanchez after being "assaulted" by John Terry was sufficiently unhurt to sit up and draw the officials' attention to his situation but then having done this had to writhe around in agony. Its laughable that despite not catching Fabregas with Drogba's (incredibly foolish) lunge, Cesc still found his way onto the floor to win his team a penalty. That's just 2 examples from one match that secured a penalty & a red card, potentially match changing events & everyone's focus is on the Chelsea players for making those challenges, not at the non-sporting behaviour of these Barca players.

In the last couple of weeks, Ashley Young has "gone down easily" having been caught on both occasions & this makes headline news for days on sporting websites about him being a cheat & follow up stories of Ferguson speaking with him, asking him to reign it in.

As I say, other teams are called up on it, with Barca, everyone ignores it.

• Admin

Oh I see. Didn't watch the game, just listed to reports this a.m.

Terry - why didn't you give him another kick when he was down?

• Terry tried to give Sanchez a dead leg.
  • Sanchez goes to ground.
  • Sanchez sits up, looks at the officials and holds hand up asking for a card.
  • Sanchez sees that the officials have noticed the foul.
  • Sanchez starts rolling around in agony.
  • Terry gets red carded.
  • Sanchez is fine to continue.

• Admin

He had to go off the pitch and walk off that nasty dead leg. Poor chap.

Anyway, it is my belief that it backfired on them. With 11 vs 11 Chelsea wouldn't have been able to draw on that fighting against the world attitude that they had second half. Almost everyone wrote them off at half time and there was an element of "pressure is off now, let's just play 6-3-0 and try to stop them and see what happens".

Plus of course JT is hugely over-rated and would have committed a couple of second half blunders anyway.

So well done JT, I for one credit you with winning the tie for Chelsea.

Anyway, it is my belief that it backfired on them. With 11 vs 11 Chelsea wouldn't have been able to draw on that fighting against the world attitude that they had second half. Almost everyone wrote them off at half time and there was an element of "pressure is off now, let's just play 6-3-0 and try to stop them and see what happens".

Plus of course JT is hugely over-rated and would have committed a couple of second half blunders anyway.

So well done JT, I for one credit you with winning the tie for Chelsea.

Probably right. 11 on the pitch and Chelsea wouldn't have parked the bus.

So which 2 clubs will get relegated from the prem out of: Blackburn/Bolton/Wigan/QPR & Aston Villa

Clubs remaining Fixtures

Aston villa - WBA (A) Spurs (H) Norwich (A)

QPR - Chelsea (A) Stoke (H) Manchester City (A)

Blackburn -Spurs (A) Wigan (H) Chelsea (A)

Bolton - Sunderland (A) Surs (H) - (Game in Hand) WBA (H) Stoke (A)

Wigan - Newcastle (H) Blackburn (A) Wolves (H)

Current Possitions:

20th Wolves ® PL35 GD-41 Points: 23

19th Blackburn PL35 GD-26 Points: 31

18th Bolton PL34 GD-28 Points: 33

17th Wigan PL35 GD-26 Points: 34

16th QPR PL35 GD-18 Points: 34

15th Aston Villa PL35 GD-14 Points: 36

Had me in stitches again on SSN this morning, what a bizarre noise! I liked the comment that said it is what he would sound like if he fell down a well. To be honest I would not mind chucking him down one to verify that.

It was strange but at the same time I actually like Neville as a pundit. He talks a lot of sense unlike some of them. Andy Townsend is another one who I rate.

I think they're simply too stubborn and will not try something differant even when their natural way of playing isn't working.

Throughout the second half almost every time they got the ball out wide they checked back and tried to play the ball into the penalty area through the congested central area. For me the solution was to move Messi out wide and to get him to take on the full backs and to get round the back of the Chelsea defence.

I don't know if I'm the only one who finds watching Barca boring? Occasionally they'll run riot but generally without the magic of Messi they are very one dimentional. It's the same as Spain, they'll never be classed as one of the greatest team like the Brazilians of 58, 62 and 70 or the Argentines of 86 they play dull keep ball, highly effective it may be but hardly edge of your seat stuff.

I don't know if I'm the only one who finds watching Barca boring? Occasionally they'll run riot but generally without the magic of Messi they are very one dimentional. It's the same as Spain, they'll never be classed as one of the greatest team like the Brazilians of 58, 62 and 70 or the Argentines of 86 they play dull keep ball, highly effective it may be but hardly edge of your seat stuff.

You are not the only one. This has been discussed recently too.

I'd rather have the relentless English Premier League style of play any day.

I do. I might get called out on this, but how over rated are they when you refer them to the great teams. I am not talking about their play, which is outstanding, but a team of that many great players, cannot go to plan B. They should have hurled the kitchen sink at Chelski. Unable to shot from distance. In fact unable to shoot really. There was little urgency in the last 20 mins. Refusal to play any kind of long ball. Their arrogance defeated them short and simple. All you could see from the touch line was Guardiola pleading with them to play short 10 yard pass and move game.

If I was a fan of theirs I would be so angry this morning.

Well done Chelsea!

Unfortunately there is no cup for completed passes or time spent in the opposition half.

Argentina 86 aren't/won't be remembered as a great team,Maradona will be the only one remembered for 86.

The current Spanish side are respected worldwide and looked upon as a great side, this because of the fantastic technique and passing football they play.

Unfortunately a lot of English football fans still believe the English way is best, lumping the ball into the box has been so successesfull since 66 that it's the way to play !!!!

We are a couple months away from ( no doubt) another embarrassing European championship, where England will huff and puff then go out early.

Spain and Barcalona have changed and influenced the way football is played, so much so that all the youth teams in our Acadamays and COE's are playing the same way, in 10 years time we will finally have players with technique who can give England a chance of challenging at major tournaments.

Argentina 86 aren't/won't be remembered as a great team,Maradona will be the only one remembered for 86.

The current Spanish side are respected worldwide and looked upon as a great side, this because of the fantastic technique and passing football they play.

Unfortunately a lot of English football fans still believe the English way is best, lumping the ball into the box has been so successesfull since 66 that it's the way to play !!!!

We are a couple months away from ( no doubt) another embarrassing European championship, where England will huff and puff then go out early.

Spain and Barcalona have changed and influenced the way football is played, so much so that all the youth teams in our Acadamays and COE's are playing the same way, in 10 years time we will finally have players with technique who can give England a chance of challenging at major tournaments.

This is all true, but the entertainment factor does count for something. Tippy-tappy? No thanks, for me anyway.

And what Chelsea did over two games is show how to nullify the slick 'pass and move' style of football.

Barcelona and Spain play the same way and I remember Franz Beckenbauer saying during the last World Cup just how dull he found the way they endlessly pass, pass and pass again with so few shots and cahnces at the end of it. I agreed with him then and still do.

Last night Barca could not work out how to break down a double bank of 5 and 4 essentially camped on the edges of thier own 18 yard box. Plenty of width but few crosses. Plenty of opportunities to take a shot but managed only 3 all game last night. Watching them huff and puff especially in the second half was deja vue. Same thing again and again. No spark or intiative.

I like to watch Barca, when they are on song, but there appears to be no "Plan B" for when someone parks the bus, like Chelski did and Inter a couple of years back. Sounds like Barca didn't really get their act together last night, didn't see the game, was listening on the radio. Loved the Sun's headline this morning - something like "Chelsea into final, JT sent off, Messi misses pen, but...(main headline) TORRES SCORES!" - classic.

As for Terry, he's a pr1ck so even though I'm disappointed that Chelsea are in the final, there is some consolation that he won't be on the pitch...mind you, if he played, he might have had another opportunity to take a penalty, like the last time they went to the final :banana:

And what Chelsea did over two games is show how to nullify the slick 'pass and move' style of football.

Barcelona and Spain play the same way and I remember Franz Beckenbauer saying during the last World Cup just how dull he found the way they endlessly pass, pass and pass again with so few shots and cahnces at the end of it. I agreed with him then and still do.

Last night Barca could not work out how to break down a double bank of 5 and 4 essentially camped on the edges of thier own 18 yard box. Plenty of width but few crosses. Plenty of opportunities to take a shot but managed only 3 all game last night. Watching them huff and puff especially in the second half was deja vue. Same thing again and again. No spark or intiative.

Yeah, Franz, 'cos of course the Germans played such lovely football, especially against England, didn't they...oh, hang on, they did...and tore us a new one in the process...ah <<shuts up>>

One game, I think they have proved over the last few years that there football will win far more than Chelsea will ever.

I imagine you would be more than happy for City to play the Chelsea way of last night then?

Barcalona won't change there style, and I guarrentee they will have far more trophies in the cabinet than any English side in the next 10 years.

But if your happy for English teams to still play negative caveman football then so be it.

One game, I think they have proved over the last few years that there football will win far more than Chelsea will ever.

I imagine you would be more than happy for City to play the Chelsea way of last night then?

Barcalona won't change there style, and I guarrentee they will have far more trophies in the cabinet than any English side in the next 10 years.

But if your happy for English teams to still play negative caveman football then so be it.

Most football fans will never have the opportunity to get even close to Europe, let alone to win European trophies.

The Barcelona 'way' matters little to most people.

And if last night proves anything - over 2 legs tactics can beat any team on the planet. Just what you need for a good cup run whether it be the Euros, World Cup or Champs League.

Maybe if Barcelona played in the Premier League things would have to change (over 38 games).

Archived