IGNORED

Pep Guardiola To Leave Barca

Brizzle Jordan

Sorry this isn't City related but it's a huge story in football.

Sky are reporting Pep has told Barca officials he wants to leave at the end of the season and take a break from football.

I think this could be the demise of Barcelona, obviously they will still be good but not so dominant.

I imagine Real Madrid are smiling again now.

Sky are reporting Pep has told Barca officials he wants to leave at the end of the season and take a break from football.

I think this could be the demise of Barcelona, obviously they will still be good but not so dominant.

Probably be linked with the Chelsea job in the summer :laughcont:

Well they can smile all they like, quite a high chance mourinho could go as well. Interesting times at the top of la liga. I think barca are in a better position to carry on than real. They have their style that runs from the kids to the first team. Real do not.

Well they can smile all they like, quite a high chance mourinho could go as well. Interesting times at the top of la liga. I think barca are in a better position to carry on than real. They have their style that runs from the kids to the first team. Real do not.

Mourinho will not go, this is Madrid's best season for years and he has said he wants to stay. I think Jose is waiting for Fergie to call it a day.

Barcelona's players will be hurting as they love Pep. Pique even said this week he'd put his hand in fire for Pep to stay.

Mourinho will not go, this is Madrid's best season for years and he has said he wants to stay. I think Jose is waiting for Fergie to call it a day.

Barcelona's players will be hurting as they love Pep. Pique even said this week he'd put his hand in fire for Pep to stay.

I just have a feeling he will go, he keeps coming out with comments about not liking Spain, doesn't feel appreciated, and keeps saying he was happiest in London.

Watch this space.

I just have a feeling he will go, he keeps coming out with comments about not liking Spain, doesn't feel appreciated, and keeps saying he was happiest in London.

Watch this space.

He said yesterday if the owner wants him to say he will. He said he is desperate to win with his current crop of players and is loving the job. I think now Pep leaving will make him even happier as he feels Barca could be weakened. The only place he could go is Chelsea but I think he wants his next premier league job to be the one at Manchester United.

bielsa the Bilbao manager must be a contender.

I think that also, however he does like to be very direct with his tactics. He also likes to have no bond with his players and puts them through rigorous training sessions. He's a very clever manager though.

He counted how many steps it took to walk around the pitch at Bilbao before creating his tactic for them. Very methodical man.

He said yesterday if the owner wants him to say he will. He said he is desperate to win with his current crop of players and is loving the job. I think now Pep leaving will make him even happier as he feels Barca could be weakened. The only place he could go is Chelsea but I think he wants his next premier league job to be the one at Manchester United.

They failed to get to the champions league final, although the league looks won. Their record of removing managers who look like they are doing a good job is chelseaesq, add to that mourinho's ability to drive is people spare, including his employers.....

Watch him go and sign a 10 year contract now :)

They failed to get to the champions league final, although the league looks won. Their record of removing managers who look like they are doing a good job is chelseaesq, add to that mourinho's ability to drive is people spare, including his employers.....

Florentino Perez who is the president has said Mourinho is the best manager he's ever employed. Mourinho is the most powerful manager that club has ever had, he makes all the decisions. There is nobody better they could employ imo. He's also broken their record of failing to get past the last 16 for 7 years by reaching consecutive semi finals and winning their first Copa Del Rey in 18 years and League title since 2008.

That was my immediate thought.

Guardiola has finally realised that his style of football has been found out.

It's not his style, It's barca's style, guardiola tinkered with the way they defend using the Italian 3 defenders ideal. Barcelona's style is based on their own ethos, any manager coming in will stick by it, or will be out the door, much like players who cannot fit into it. Ala henry.

Have a read up on it, it is pretty impressive what is taught, it is why there are not many 1st teamers that haven't come through the youth setup, as many outsiders cannot adapt.

Real Madrid have virtually won the league having beat Barca last weekend.

Florentino Perez who is the president has said Mourinho is the best manager he's ever employed. Mourinho is the most powerful manager that club has ever had, he makes all the decisions. There is nobody better they could employ imo. He's also broken their record of failing to get past the last 16 for 7 years by reaching consecutive semi finals and winning their first Copa Del Rey in 18 years and League title since 2008.

Agreed, I think he is the best man manager and motivator in world football, what he has done at every club he has been at, and in a short time, is nothing short of miraculous.

Please don't manage England and spoil your copy book. Stick to Portugal Jose

That was my immediate thought.

Guardiola has finally realised that his style of football has been found out.

Just imagine how bad the style of football is when you win everything there is to win in the World, but of course he's now lost 2 games so it must now be rubbish.

Imagine City bringing through 9 Acadamys players and winning the Champions league.........

Just imagine how bad the style of football is when you win everything there is to win in the World, but of course he's now lost 2 games so it must now be rubbish.

Imagine City bringing through 9 Acadamys players and winning the Champions league.........

Absolutely right PB. Some of the comments on this thread are hilarious.

Archived