IGNORED

Pep Guardiola To Leave Barca

Brizzle Jordan

A lot of people are talking a lot about pep. Good or bad. You could shoe horn any ex barca player into the managers role, it won't make a huge difference, these barca players who came from their academy know only one way to play, they are almost brainwashed. The manager is almost a figure head.

Mourinho's record is also ridiculous:

Benfica record - 11 games played, 6 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses - 54% win percentage

Uniao de Leiria - 20 games played, 11 wins, 5 draws, 4 losses - 55% win percentage

Porto record - 127 games played, 88 wins, 24 draws, 15 losses - 69% win percentage

Chelsea record - 185 games played, 131 wins, 36 draws, 18 losses - 70% win percentage

Internazionale record - 108 games played, 68 wins, 25 draws, 15 losses - 62% win percentage

Real Madrid record - 113 games played, 86 wins, 16 draws, 11 losses - 76% win percentage

65 losses in 563 games

Also went 150 home games unbeaten

Greatest manager in history?

Mourinho's record is also ridiculous:

Benfica record - 11 games played, 6 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses - 54% win percentage

Uniao de Leiria - 20 games played, 11 wins, 5 draws, 4 losses - 55% win percentage

Porto record - 127 games played, 88 wins, 24 draws, 15 losses - 69% win percentage

Chelsea record - 185 games played, 131 wins, 36 draws, 18 losses - 70% win percentage

Internazionale record - 108 games played, 68 wins, 25 draws, 15 losses - 62% win percentage

Real Madrid record - 113 games played, 86 wins, 16 draws, 11 losses - 76% win percentage

65 losses in 563 games..

Greatest manager in history?

He's a genius. Those stats confirm he only hangs around at a club for two seasons on average. Not too much more for him to achieve other than winning European Championships and World Cups with England. Go get him FA !

He's a genius. Those stats confirm he only hangs around at a club for two seasons on average. Not too much more for him to achieve other than winning European Championships and World Cups with England. Go get him FA !

He said he wants to manage another 20 years which is what is scary. That would probably be another 5 or so Champions leagues and 15 league titles.

Going to be the greatest ever, no question imo.

Just imagine how bad the style of football is when you win everything there is to win in the World, but of course he's now lost 2 games so it must now be rubbish.

Imagine City bringing through 9 Acadamys players and winning the Champions league.........

Its not rocket science, pass and move. Barcelona have done it for years and honed it into an art form. They and Spain have reaped the benefits but like all things it has its day and Chelsea showed the rest of the football world how to nullify it successfully.

Gaurdiola would have realised that in the same way that he would have realised that they have no Plan B.

Sorry this isn't City related but it's a huge story in football.

Sky are reporting Pep has told Barca officials he wants to leave at the end of the season and take a break from football.

I think this could be the demise of Barcelona, obviously they will still be good but not so dominant.

I imagine Real Madrid are smiling again now.

OTT much? Barca have been one of the top sides in the world for a long, long time. Changing managers won't change that.

He said he wants to manage another 20 years which is what is scary. That would probably be another 5 or so Champions leagues and 15 league titles.

Going to be the greatest ever, no question imo.

He could be considered the greatest right now imo.

There have been plenty of great managers who have built legacy's over a period of time at clubs i.e. Shankly, Busby, Fergie in England for example.

But I have never know a individual galvanise teams in such a short period of time, get them playing in the style he wants, and get the whole team sold on his ethos, and then win things so quickly ans Mourinho. He is a genius. Unique.

I can honestly say in my time watching football I have never seen any manager have such influence so quickly as this has.

Love him or loathe him, you have to admire is managerial ability

Apparently the four managers on the Barca shortlist are:

Marcelo Bielsa

Andre Villas-Boas

Laurent Blanc

Ernesto Valverde

OTT much? Barca have been one of the top sides in the world for a long, long time. Changing managers won't change that.

Long long time? Rijkaard was the first manager in quite a while to get them challening again. Pep has made them the dominant force of world football. They will still challenge, but wont dominate imo. He was their messiah and masterminded their tactics.

A few things...

Guardiola changed their style from Rijkaard- under the latter they ahd flair but certainly didn't press as a unit like this. Style found out? Really? Yes they haven#'t won this year but they were up vs superb side in Real and one with superb CL experience with the last hurrah or last but one in many of the old Guard cases with Chelsea. Also Chelsea were one of the most difficult opponents Barca could play thanks to the way they set up. But found out?? Come on- how many times did Barca hit the woodwork in 2 legs? These are the margins, the fine fine margins at this level but I think it was 4 times they hit the woodwork- come on!

As for Enrique, possibly not they are inconsistent and ropey defensively. However has anyone seen Juve this year? Suddenly out of the blue it has all come together- they look more formidable than they have for many years. Talk about the 4-0 v Roma but they batter most sides they play- however this is not reflected in the scoreline due to crap finishing. Home game v AC Milan, about 19 shots on goal and 55% possession- yielded a 2-0 win only.

27 on goal v Napoli, again 'only' 3-0- awful conversion rate at times. These sides are far from poor. Then you look at their midfield- Vidal is superb, how Leverkusen missed him and the Bayern coach this year, Pirlo what can you say, Marchisio seems to be getting some form back. Their defence- 18 goals in 34 League games conceded is fantastic- Buffon between the sticks, 6 goals in 17 away games conceded- again cracy. I think it takes them maybe 11 shots or so per goal over the season.

He could be considered the greatest right now imo.

There have been plenty of great managers who have built legacy's over a period of time at clubs i.e. Shankly, Busby, Fergie in England for example.

But I have never know a individual galvanise teams in such a short period of time, get them playing in the style he wants, and get the whole team sold on his ethos, and then win things so quickly ans Mourinho. He is a genius. Unique.

I can honestly say in my time watching football I have never seen any manager have such influence so quickly as this has.

Love him or loathe him, you have to admire is managerial ability

He is the most charismatic manager I've ever seen. He's my favorite manager ever because of this. He's said he wont manage in Germany because he cannot work with a translator so would rule out Bayern, so the only jobs I see him taking are going back to Inter, Portugal job or one of the big clubs in the Premier League. Hopefully he stays at Real for the remaining of his contract which is 2 more years.

The bloke is inspirational.

Long long time? Rijkaard was the first manager in quite a while to get them challening again. Pep has made them the dominant force of world football. They will still challenge, but wont dominate imo. He was their messiah and masterminded their tactics.

They've won a major European trophy every two-three years for at least the last twenty years, they've been through half a dozen major squad transformations in that time. Nobody "dominates" including them.

You're buying into the over hype and now the hysteria, neither was true. They are a top side and will be for the forseeable, this is a minor change.

A few things...

Guardiola changed their style from Rijkaard- under the latter they ahd flair but certainly didn't press as a unit like this. Style found out? Really? Yes they haven#'t won this year but they were up vs superb side in Real and one with superb CL experience with the last hurrah or last but one in many of the old Guard cases with Chelsea. Also Chelsea were one of the most difficult opponents Barca could play thanks to the way they set up. But found out?? Come on- how many times did Barca hit the woodwork in 2 legs? These are the margins, the fine fine margins at this level but I think it was 4 times they hit the woodwork- come on!

As for Enrique, possibly not they are inconsistent and ropey defensively. However has anyone seen Juve this year? Suddenly out of the blue it has all come together- they look more formidable than they have for many years. Talk about the 4-0 v Roma but they batter most sides they play- however this is not reflected in the scoreline due to crap finishing. Home game v AC Milan, about 19 shots on goal and 55% possession- yielded a 2-0 win only.

27 on goal v Napoli, again 'only' 3-0- awful conversion rate at times. These sides are far from poor. Then you look at their midfield- Vidal is superb, how Leverkusen missed him and the Bayern coach this year, Pirlo what can you say, Marchisio seems to be getting some form back. Their defence- 18 goals in 34 League games conceded is fantastic- Buffon between the sticks, 6 goals in 17 away games conceded- again cracy. I think it takes them maybe 11 shots or so per goal over the season.

Juventus are brilliant this year, unbeaten in all competitions and are already in the cup final and set to win the Scudetto. Will be great to see their new stadium hosting champions league football again.

I agree about Rijkaard, he was alot more direct than Guardiola.

Its not rocket science, pass and move. Barcelona have done it for years and honed it into an art form. They and Sapin have reaped the benefits but like all things it has its day and Chelsea showed the rest of the football world how to nullify it successfully.

Gaurdiola would have realised that in the same way that he would have realised that they have no Plan B.

Absolute rubbish, nearly every team they play do the same as Chelsea and end up getting thumped.

They created chance after chance but it wasn't there night ( it happens).

So according to you, pass and move has had its day??? Charles Hughes again is it.

I suggest you go and watch some Acadamy,coe football and watch what all the good young footballers are being taught.

You will find that they are all being taught the "Barcalona" way.

Your seriously clueless fella, stick to being a mini bus driver!

They've won a major European trophy every two-three years for at least the last twenty years, they've been through half a dozen major squad transformations in that time. Nobody "dominates" including them.

You're buying into the over hype and now the hysteria, neither was true. They are a top side and will be for the forseeable, this is a minor change.

I wouldn't say minor change at all. The players love working under him. He is Mr Barcelona if you like.

Also their champions league victory in 2005 was their first in 17 years.

He is the most charismatic manager I've ever seen. He's my favorite manager ever because of this. He's said he wont manage in Germany because he cannot work with a translator so would rule out Bayern, so the only jobs I see him taking are going back to Inter, Portugal job or one of the big clubs in the Premier League. Hopefully he stays at Real for the remaining of his contract which is 2 more years.

The bloke is inspirational.

Could you see him going back to Chelsea? He always bigs them up, and does have unfinished business there.

I wonder sometimes about Tottenham, but i don't think the finances there would interest him.

He could be a shoe in for Mancini if he leaves. With the financial muscle and what they are building, he really could have a legacy there.

I wouldn't say minor change at all. The players love working under him. He is Mr Barcelona if you like.

Also their champions league victory in 2005 was their first in 17 years.

UEFA cup and the ECWC were major trophies too until Sky cash came along. Go and look at their trophy list and then calm down.

The overreaction here is farcical and typical of the media fuelled hysteria of of the last few years.

Changing managers is not a big deal, they will bring in another top European manager and will be in the top two of La Liga and the knockout stages of the ECL next season as usual.

Could you see him going back to Chelsea? He always bigs them up, and does have unfinished business there.

I wonder sometimes about Tottenham, but i don't think the finances there would interest him.

He could be a shoe in for Mancini if he leaves. With the financial muscle and what they are building, he really could have a legacy there.

I think he wouldn't go to Spurs because their profile isn't as high as Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal.

I think he will be the replacement for Fergie. If not then it will be Chelsea, he is a god at Stamford Bridge. The premier league isn't as good without him.

2 more years at Madrid which funnily enough is when Fergie plans to retire. It seems to fit, Fergie and him are good friends, I think Mourinho at Man Utd would be a great fit.

Returning to a club he has already managed........that aint his style. He's always looking out for a 'new' challenge.

Absolute rubbish, nearly every team they play do the same as Chelsea and end up getting thumped.

So according to you, pass and move has had its day??? Charles Hughes again is it.

I suggest you go and watch some Acadamy,coe football and watch what all the good young footballers are being taught.

Have to say, agree with you to an extent. Chelsea did very very well tactically- no doubt. Should not be overlooked by anyone though just how many times Barcelona hit the woodwork- that is not down to being found out as RR seems to think, that is down to bad finishing!

UEFA cup and the ECWC were major trophies too until Sky cash came along. Go and look at their trophy list and then calm down.

The overreaction here is farcical and typical of the media fuelled hysteria of of the last few years.

Changing managers is not a big deal, they will bring in another top European manager and will be in the top two of La Liga and the knockout stages of the ECL next season as usual.

Obviously they will be in the top two.

Also I never said they will struggle, I said they will still be a force but they won't be dominant like they have been.

Barcelona's european trophy history:

Champions League: 1991-92, 2005-06, 2008-09, 2010-11

Cup winners cup: 1978-79, 1981-82, 1988-89, 1996-97

Super cup: 1992, 1997, 2009, 2011

That isn't a trophy every 2 years.

Obviously they will be in the top two.

Also I never said they will struggle, I said they will still be a force but they won't be dominant like they have been.

Barcelona's european trophy history:

Champions League: 1991-92, 2005-06, 2008-09, 2010-11

Cup winners cup: 1978-79, 1981-82, 1988-89, 1996-97

Super cup: 1992, 1997, 2009, 2011

That isn't a trophy every 2 years.

The haven't actually been dominant, pay attention to the results not the hype.

It's 8 trophies in 20 years, that's "every two-three years".

And relax.

You are obviously a convert to the 'Barcelona style' and I can understand why.

That said the quality of the opposition in LaLiga is poor and they have one serious rival who have pretty much won the league. Theres a huge 25 point gap between second and third which tells you all you need to know about the gulf in class.

Plus, personally I find 30 passes in your own half boring as are few if any long range shots to keep the fans interested.Its dull to watch when the opposition are half decent.

I'm sure that if Barcelona played in the Premier League that they wouldn't win it. Real Madrid might because they play a different style of football.

Archived