IGNORED

The Purple And Lime

Spike

279 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin

Well done you...

Well let's hope we get purple then :laugh:...

As I said personally we will get a template design and colour.. We certainly wouldn't sell enough to justify set up costs.

Could be wrong and you could be right

Erm, you'd both be right as spike has saidhis designs are already existing adidas designs and Derby use purple so that's in their colour pallette.

Not sure about the lime green though, may have to settle for white trim.

Regardless, it will be black or white on rotation & probably a Boro style shirt.

No thanks!

It was always too blue for my liking, particularly in photos and there's no way we should ever be playing in any kit that looks blue.

I honestly could never see why the club chose this kit first time round and nothing has changed my mind over the years. Nothing wrong with black or white, especially with some contrasting coloured trim to make it a bit more interesting.

All White kit with red trim i wouldn't mind. Psychologically, doesn't white make you appear bigger as well?

That was one of my first designs but the issue with it is that it's still all red and white and if you play a team in red and white stripes you essentially need a third kit, hence they use different colours, like white and black...

to me it doesn't make sense really, a white and black kit still is predominately white and so shouldn't be used in a game against red and white stripes, who knows, maybe that's why they've gone yellow this year...

Oh and for those being so "anti-blue", I can understand why but our first kit as when this club took on the name Bristol, was when we were Bristol South End and we wore a red shirt with blue shorts and blue socks.

When we changed to bristol City we started wearing white shorts and socks but our history does hold blue. Our first ever kits were yellow and burgundy back when we were "Bedminster", red wasn't even our first colours :)

Having done a quick look at this seasons away kit and our history, I don't get why the club can't drop the blue, keep the yellow and use the colours we used of Bedminster, it would look like so:

16apboz.png

This would be keeping with what we used this season, would have an air of tradition, would see us avoid blue and would ultimately be a lot more neutral for the fans and the haters of the purple and lime?

That was one of my first designs but the issue with it is that it's still all red and white and if you play a team in red and white stripes you essentially need a third kit, hence they use different colours, like white and black...

to me it doesn't make sense really, a white and black kit still is predominately white and so shouldn't be used in a game against red and white stripes, who knows, maybe that's why they've gone yellow this year...

Oh and for those being so "anti-blue", I can understand why but our first kit as when this club took on the name Bristol, was when we were Bristol South End and we wore a red shirt with blue shorts and blue socks.

When we changed to bristol City we started wearing white shorts and socks but our history does hold blue. Our first ever kits were yellow and burgundy back when we were "Bedminster", red wasn't even our first colours :)

Would it make sense for BCFC to avoid "certain" colours including ones some fans describe as vile? Bristol City's history includes black more than blue.

Would it make sense for BCFC to avoid "certain" colours including ones some fans describe as vile? Bristol City's history includes black more than blue.

I agree, my point was not that we should all embrace blue (i think i threw up a little), it's just that hating a trim colour is aimless anyway, Man Utd have used a full blue strip in the past despite their bitter rivals play in it :laugh:

I agree, my point was not that we should all embrace blue (i think i threw up a little), it's just that hating a trim colour is aimless anyway, Man Utd have used a full blue strip in the past despite their bitter rivals play in it :laugh:

Manchester Utd can sell to an enormous mass market, they could probably copy Coventrys brown kit and still shift hundreds of thousands. Using tradition here more could be of benefit.

Manchester Utd can sell to an enormous mass market, they could probably copy Coventrys brown kit and still shift hundreds of thousands. Using tradition here more could be of benefit.

I agree, hence I knocked up the traditional Bedminster colours, however it appears this thread has answered one thing which is do we all want purple and lime... the answer is no. It seems two thirds do but the third that don't are pretty damn adamant that they do not and that means even if the two thirds who say they do want it got it there would be a third who would not buy it. I can't see Adidas being happy with those figures when chances are the yellow, white or black would all have a better chance of being a commercial success and would also avoid fans of other teams mocking Adidas for making what in many fans eyes would be a vile mix of colours on a kit.

I made the thread and the kits to see what the situation really is, to me this thread shows that purple and lime is very hit and miss and it's not really got enough reason to be used, it makes more sense for us to have black or white as they are two of the three main colours we've used as Bristol City over a 100 year expanse.

I agree, hence I knocked up the traditional Bedminster colours, however it appears this thread has answered one thing which is do we all want purple and lime... the answer is no. It seems two thirds do but the third that don't are pretty damn adamant that they do not and that means even if the two thirds who say they do want it got it there would be a third who would not buy it. I can't see Adidas being happy with those figures when chances are the yellow, white or black would all have a better chance of being a commercial success and would also avoid fans of other teams mocking Adidas for making what in many fans eyes would be a vile mix of colours on a kit.

I made the thread and the kits to see what the situation really is, to me this thread shows that purple and lime is very hit and miss and it's not really got enough reason to be used, it makes more sense for us to have black or white as they are two of the three main colours we've used as Bristol City over a 100 year expanse.

Supporting a football club is irrational, traditions like wise. City have a small fan base and a small market to sell to. Better to strengthen the brands traditions than sell gimmicks, which people know will be unpopular with a section of that small market. There are irrational dislikes in support which go beyond unpopular.

We've done a black kit as third before though haven't we. Would just be personal preference, all white with red trim, all the way through. Black or Yellow/Red third kit.

I like the yellow/red btw.

Any chance of mocking up a white/red

I've seen a lot of "we want the purple and lime back" on these forums so I've mocked up how the kit could look based on the original purple and lime but based on an adidas design shirt and this is what it looks like:

ykvvr.png

The only reason I can't see for Adidas to do this is the purple and lime colours may not be stocked by adidas as I imagine they have set dyes.

The kit design itself I've used is already used by Adidas for other teams as it's in their template design.

So is it to be this logo on purple and lime :-)

http://www.wessexgarages.com/

So who would realistically like to see this happen?

Having done a quick look at this seasons away kit and our history, I don't get why the club can't drop the blue, keep the yellow and use the colours we used of Bedminster, it would look like so:

16apboz.png

This would be keeping with what we used this season, would have an air of tradition, would see us avoid blue and would ultimately be a lot more neutral for the fans and the haters of the purple and lime?

Special Brew colours? will be popular with the chav community ;)

16apboz.png

I dont think I'd buy this.

I remember wearing the first one (Thorn Security) when it first came out while on holiday in Greece.

I lost count of the amount of City fans that came up to me saying how much they loved it and were going to buy one when they got back.

They were so popular that they were retained for three seasons with three different sponsors!

Not a chance.......

Never been one for wearing replica kits........................

Besides the purple and lime kit is probably the worst kit City have had in the 40+ years I've supported them.

Matched only by the home kit of the same season.

What colours would people like to see? I don't mind mocking up a few images when I have time :)

Bright yellow with green writing and navy blue shorts. If we're going to take the piss then accept no substitutes for Brazil :D

Someone else posted a diagonal sash kit (red & white?) a few days back, that would be interesting to see.

I'd go for a yellow and green or black with white

Always hated the purple and lime, remember when it was launched they parachuted two guys onto AG pitch at half time wearing the new kit - the purple one was greeted with chants of "What the ******* hell is that?"

Nein danke.

Archived