IGNORED

Cardiff V West Ham - Match Thread

If we lost our bottle we did it around February time, since we have been playing poorly since then. If you attended the City v Wurzels game at Trashton Gate you would probably agree we weren't at our best, although obviously we were better than you and won as we usually do.

Last night's performance was more of the same unfortunately which is why I didn't expect anything from the game and am not too disappointed this morning. When your main play-maker (Whittingham) is a shadow of the player he was earlier in the season and your main striker (Miller) has hardly hit a ball on target for months, you really shouldn't expect to win many games and yet we did and somehow ended up in the play-offs.

I'm happy and surprised we got this far in view of the almost complete rebuilding job we did on our squad at the beginning of the season. I am also delighted we got to Wembley again this year. If we were to overturn Wham's lead at Upton Park I'd be amazed, especially in view of what I've just said i.e. we haven't looked convincing for months, but who knows?

I appreciate you will gloat and I don't blame you as you haven't had a great deal to celebrate this season. You narrowly avoided relegation despite having one of the Championship's top strikers and a former England keeper on board.

Meanwhile I'll look forward to almost certainly spending another season in the Championship, with no doubt a better squad, a further reduction in our debt and six points from our neighbours across the Severn :) Good luck with the Not-yet-ihad stadium. :)

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

Gutted about last night. Such a totally abject performance.

Barring a miracle, it looks like it's another trip to Hull, Barnsley, Middlesbrough and Bristol next season. Too depressing to contemplate at the moment.

Can't imagine you've been a real fan for too long. Its not long ago that you'd have been happy to see more than a few thousand at a home game. Why act the ***ker?

Compared to your recent history (the last 20 years or so) you're doing fine and should be quite happy.

Barring a miracle, it looks like it's another trip to Hull, Barnsley, Middlesbrough and Bristol next season. Too depressing to contemplate at the moment.

Well the 2nd tier is your level anyway, at best..

Chin up, could be worse......you could be Swansea!!!!!......

......oh wait

Archived